PDA

View Full Version : Jasper head coach resigns

lostaussie
02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
This according to smoaky.com. Going to stay on as athletic director. I think Coach Brooks has only been back for one year.

AggiesAreWe
02-03-2009, 06:44 PM
This is Coach Brooks second year there in Jasper. He has been looking to get out of coaching all together and decided to step down now to take on the task of being the Alternative School Director. He will remain as the AD but I really don't think that will last too long.

By him remaining an AD, that will handcuff Jasper in getting a top coach because they will not be able to afford two AD type salaries. I look for one of the assistants to get the job or maybe a local assistant(Newton, Kirbyville) to get the job.

kepdawg
02-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
This according to smoaky.com. Going to stay on as athletic director. I think Coach Brooks has only been back for one year.

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91942

kepdawg
02-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
By him remaining an AD, that will handcuff Jasper in getting a top coach because they will not be able to afford two AD type salaries.

Who else would they be paying an AD type salary besides the AD? :thinking:

kepdawg
02-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
The head coach. If you wanna attract a good one, you're gonna have to pay him. But, most small schools don't want an established HC anyway. Every supt's dream is to hire a guy who no one's heard of, and he turn out to be a huge winner. Then they can say they discovered him.

Oh yeah! I knew what he meant. I just didn't get where the "second AD" came from. Just me being me; stupid that is!