PDA

View Full Version : Mt Rushmore

coach
02-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Since there is a debate about Texas' Mt Rushmore i think we should do a City Mt. Rushmore. Who Is the top 4 for your cities' Mt. Rushmore?

wildstangs
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
I guess I should ask IHSstangs approval before I participate this time around. Wouldn't want him to get offended by my opinion.

IHStangFan
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
I guess I should ask IHSstangs approval before I participate this time around. Wouldn't want him to get offended by my opinion. Are your panties still in a wad? Don't cry in public.....it won't get you any sympathy around here.

Grow up kid, I'm guessing you probably weren't even old enough to follow sports when Nolan Ryan was in his prime (hell...even into his Ranger days)...so it wouldn't be fair to expect you to have anything BUT a bias opinion based on what you've been around to see. But...just for the record....Vince Young accomplishments pale in comparison to Nolan Ryan....just in case you had forgotten.

crzyjournalist03
02-03-2009, 03:29 PM
if you're creating these for your city, are you talking about high school accomplishments or do you count pro careers?

Forney has a couple of players in MLB right now, and one quarterback in the NFL.

coach
02-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
if you're creating these for your city, are you talking about high school accomplishments or do you count pro careers?

Forney has a couple of players in MLB right now, and one quarterback in the NFL.

both...like maybe he had a great career but didnt go pro you can count him or you can count someone who maybe didnt have the best career but worked his way into the colege level

eagles_victory
02-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Fairfield my 4 would be this...

Tony Brackens- Pro Bowler for the Jags after playing for UT and lead us to the quaterfinals in football and the regional semis in basketball his senior year. Many say he was the most dominating high school player they saw.

Winfred Tubbs- Also went to the quaterfinals in football when he played and he went on to play for the Saints and 49ers in the NFL.

Nanacen sp? Perry- Lead us to our only team state championships in girls track in the early 90's and set many school records and maybe a few state in the process. She went on to medal in the Olympics in 2000. Also a good basketball player.

Choicetta McMillian- Led us to the playoffs in volleyball and started 4 years in girls basketball and led the Lady Eagles to the playoffs every year. In her 4 years the team was well over 20 wins every year and pretty much single handedly led us to the Regional Final to only lose on a buzzer beater last year. She know plays for Hampton in Virginia.

wildstangs
02-03-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Are your panties still in a wad? Don't cry in public.....it won't get you any sympathy around here.

Grow up kid, I'm guessing you probably weren't even old enough to follow sports when Nolan Ryan was in his prime (hell...even into his Ranger days)...so it wouldn't be fair to expect you to have anything BUT a bias opinion based on what you've been around to see. But...just for the record....Vince Young accomplishments pale in comparison to Nolan Ryan....just in case you had forgotten.

Nolan Ryan is the one who never brought a world series title to Texas. I think his goal was to pitch a no hitter every other year. Who cares about championships when you can pitch a no hitter.

Pmoney
02-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Nolan Ryan is the one who never brought a world series title to Texas. I think his goal was to pitch a no hitter every other year. Who cares about championships when you can pitch a no hitter.
Teams win championships not one player....so one possible reason he didnt win one in Texas is because the team overall were average even though he is the best pitcher

coach
02-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

Tony Brackens- Pro Bowler for the Jags after playing for UT and lead us to the quaterfinals in football and the regional semis in basketball his senior year. Many say he was the most dominating high school player they saw.

Winfred Tubbs- Also went to the quaterfinals in football when he played and he went on to play for the Saints and 49ers in the NFL.

Nanacen sp? Perry- Lead us to our only team state championships in girls track in the early 90's and set many school records and maybe a few state in the process. She went on to medal in the Olympics in 2000. Also a good basketball player.

Choicetta McMillian- Led us to the playoffs in volleyball and started 4 years in girls basketball and led the Lady Eagles to the playoffs every year. In her 4 years the team was well over 20 wins every year and pretty much single handedly led us to the Regional Final to only lose on a buzzer beater last year. She know plays for Hampton in Virginia.

i think it nanceen

crzyjournalist03
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM

So, following your argument, would you put Sophia Young in over Nolan Ryan?

coach
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

nanceen was stripped of that medal bc of marion jones

Phil C
02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Did you all know that the Mount Rushmore National Memorial is located in Mount Rushmore, South Dakota?

http://thewebs.homestead.com/july4.html

Emerson1
02-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

Stan Anderson for sure has to be up there

turbostud
02-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Did you all know that the Mount Rushmore National Memorial is located in Mount Rushmore, South Dakota?

http://thewebs.homestead.com/july4.html

Actually Phil its located in Keystone, South Dakota.

turbostud
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
The Crazy Horse Memorial is also a great site to see. Crazy Horse Memorial (http://www.crazyhorsememorial.org/about/)

Phil C
02-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Actually Phil its located in Keystone, South Dakota.

turbostud did you know that the Mount Rushmore National Memorial was the locaton for the last part of the great 1959 Alfred Hitchcock movie "North by Northwest" with Cary Grant?

Phil C
02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Also the movie North by Northwest will be on TCM on 2-27-09 at 8 A.M. Set those recorders if you can't watch it at that time. Don't miss this movie if you haven't seen it.

turbostud
02-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
turbostud did you know that the Mount Rushmore National Memorial was the locaton for the last part of the great 1959 Alfred Hitchcock movie "North by Northwest" with Cary Grant?

No I didnt. The Black Hills are beautiful. Home of the Sturgis Rally. I rode my Harley thru the Badlands and thru Custer State Park with Buffalo roaming wild.

IHStangFan
02-03-2009, 08:08 PM
Nolan Ryan is the one who never brought a world series title to Texas. I think his goal was to pitch a no hitter every other year. Who cares about championships when you can pitch a no hitter. LOL as stated in the other thread....your argument is laughable. Ryan > VY