02-02-2009, 11:58 PM
When are they looking to do this?

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2009, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by marler1972
http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/football/football_align_study.html

saw this on another site
It was on here quite some time ago. ;)

link to last week's discussion & old ones (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=91891)

piratebg
02-03-2009, 08:05 AM
How many teams would advance to the playoffs in each district? 3A Div II District 16 consists of only 4 teams.

87 TIGER
02-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I like it , it would even up the playing field. only prob would be travel

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-03-2009, 10:08 AM
3A Div. II, District 16.....Progreso might actually have a shot at making the playoffs???

95mustang
02-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Abilene Wylie, Brownwood, Graham, Snyder, and Sweetwater remain in the same district together. Sounds good to me we already travel that district.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-03-2009, 10:11 AM
Would 2 teams make the playoffs out of this? Or just one?

If just one....3A Div. II, District 16 gets totally screwed. They would most likely have to play Cuero in the 1st round. OUCH.

kaorder1999
02-03-2009, 10:13 AM
WOW....AD's downtown for Dallas ISD would be screwed. Its enough work for them now being in two 4A Districts, one 5A District and one 3A District

with the new alignment....Dallas ISD would be in

three 4A Districts
two 5A Districts
two 3A Districts

Ingleside Fan
02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
Would 2 teams make the playoffs out of this? Or just one?

If just one....3A Div. II, District 16 gets totally screwed. They would most likely have to play Cuero in the 1st round. OUCH.

Div I districts would only play Div 1 districts. Div II against Div II is the way I read it? District 15 Div I would face District 16 Div I. Is that what your saying?

piratebg
02-03-2009, 10:21 AM
It this goes through, when would it go into place?

Ingleside Fan
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
"The same number of schools from each district advance to
the playoffs. Twelve champions would be crowned as is done currently." (Ref UIL website)

Old Dog
02-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Man, Llano's travel distances would really suck!!!!!!!

STANG RED
02-03-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
It this goes through, when would it go into place?

Maybe next realignment, maybe never.

Here is what the article says.

This is not a proposal by UIL staff, nor has it been
approved by the UIL Legislative Council.

Twirling Time
02-03-2009, 11:50 AM
This is almost two years old.

It'll work in North Texas because schools are close together, but not out west and not with small schools who can afford less to travel. Collinsville and Seymour in the same district? Are you kidding me?

Lion_Addict
02-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Wylie still in 3A???? :thinking: :thinking: FIGURES! :devil: :D

KingRob
02-03-2009, 01:55 PM
Cuero would be in Division I by having 2 students too many. Looks like Carrizo Springs would be it's longest drive. I think it would be better if they were in Div 2, District 12, and move Goliad to District 15. Of course this would mean that two students gotta go!

With the current budget cuts here and there, I just don't see this type of realignment at this time, or in the near future. But who knows?

icu812
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
District 8
Athens - 904
Brownsboro - 882
Palestine - 865
Tyler Chapel Hill - 885
Van - 695

For Div. 1 the difference in enrollment from top to bottom is 350
For Div. 2 the difference in enrollment from top to bottom is 198

I know they have to do that to get a similar # of schools in each Div. but in the above district it does put Van at a clear disadvantage. Therefore, I don't like it :D

slingshot
02-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Wylie still in 3A???? :thinking: :thinking: FIGURES! :devil: :D Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaaa... ya'll have 900+ students and you cry because someone in your district has more. I'd be crying too if my team had that many kids to draw from and finished 3-7 last year...:rolleyes: We're gonna stay in 3A just to aggavate (and beat) you guys!!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
District 1

Anthony
Clint
Midland Greenwood
Monahans
Pecos
Tornillo

Ummmm...........NO THANKS!!!!!

87 TIGER
02-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by icu812
District 8
Athens - 904
Brownsboro - 882
Palestine - 865
Tyler Chapel Hill - 885
Van - 695

For Div. 1 the difference in enrollment from top to bottom is 350
For Div. 2 the difference in enrollment from top to bottom is 198

I know they have to do that to get a similar # of schools in each Div. but in the above district it does put Van at a clear disadvantage. Therefore, I don't like it :D The cut off has to be somewhere, 695 basically 700 thats pretty big. Look at schools now who have around 500 and less competing agaonst 900+ schools . Not many state champs under 600 kids with exception of Celina.

icu812
02-03-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
The cut off has to be somewhere, 695 basically 700 thats pretty big. Look at schools now who have around 500 and less competing agaonst 900+ schools . Not many state champs under 600 kids with exception of Celina.

How about Van+1 that'll work. Van beat 3 out of 4 of the teams in that proposed district last time we played them so we can complete for sure. But still I'd like to see the UIL mix it up a bit more with say a couple teams in the 600's or 700's. The way it is now all the other schools in the district have between 170-209 more students. I'm just sayin the next closest enrollment is a gap of 170 students. No way to please everybody though.

87 TIGER
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
So, you think it should be raised even higher because the closest to Van's enrollment is 170 students, but Van has 175 more than Rockdale and 258 more than Cameron. So if they raise it more the difference between top and bottom becomes even greater.I'm all for this because it's hard for 400 and 500 size schools to compete with schools twice their size. This proposal should not be for football only, all sports should be included. I really doubt this happens though probably just another tweeking of the old system.

STANG RED
02-03-2009, 05:17 PM
I still would prefer seeing creating a 6A division, therefore shrinking the enrollment numbers of all classifications. However I'm sure this would create more travel for everyone. Any way you slice it, there isnt a perfect answer out there and there never will be. Somebody will always have an advantage, and some will be at a disadvantage.

LH Panther Mom
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm all for this because it's hard for 400 and 500 size schools to compete with schools twice their size.
I can see your point, but take into consideration travel time for some of the proposed districts.

Division I, District 1: Seminole to Fabens - 317 miles
Division II, District 1: Greenwood to Anthony - 335 miles
Division II, District 2: Dalhart to Iowa Park - 298 miles

It's not "just" varsity sports that you have to think about in the travel. Sub-varsity sports would pretty much be without district games in some districts. Also, Tuesday night volleyball, basketball, baseball, and softball travel would be a nightmare! :doh:

icu812
02-03-2009, 05:54 PM
So, you think it should be raised even higher because the closest to Van's enrollment is 170 students, but Van has 175 more than Rockdale and 258 more than Cameron. So if they raise it more the difference between top and bottom becomes even greater.I'm all for this because it's hard for 400 and 500 size schools to compete with schools twice their size. This proposal should not be for football only, all sports should be included. I really doubt this happens though probably just another tweeking of the old system.

Nope I'm not saying raise it. If Rockdale has a 520 students there will not be a team "twice" their size in their district even if you split the difference at 705. The proposal is:

3A Division 1 629 - 979 =350 difference
3A Division 2 430 - 628 =198 difference

I'm just saying don't stick a team in a district when all the other schools have at least 170 more students. Mix it up. There are other schools in the area with enrollments between 629 - 865.

bobcat4life
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I like a 6A better. Something like this:

6A- 2,200 & up
5A- 1,250-2,199
4A- 750-1,249
3A- 430-749
2A- 200-429
1A- 199 & below
6-Man 99 & below

just a thought. Im sure the numbers would have to be toggled to get close to an equal # of schools in each classification.

icu812
02-03-2009, 05:57 PM
bobcat, that'll work :D

Black_Magic
02-03-2009, 06:03 PM
Wylie still in 3A???? :thinking: :thinking: FIGURES! :devil: :D Yes... They will wait and see Wylies Number and then set it about 5 over that. Dont you know anything about how this deal works?

Rabid Cougar
02-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I hate it!

Again the UIL has their HEADS UP THEIR SPHINCTERS!!!

China Spring is 12 miles from LaVega and Connally and they STILL refuse to put us in the same District. I guess we will ahve to recuirt more kids to come to CS in order to get enough to move to DI.

trojan37
02-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Breckenridge with West?:confused: Heck, they have a long drive for any game if this were to actually happen.

trojan37
02-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I hate it!

China Spring is 12 miles from LaVega and Connally and they STILL refuse to put us in the same District. I guess we will ahve to recuirt more kids to come to CS in order to get enough to move to DI.

LV and Connally are scared to play you, that's what it is.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I hate it!

Did anyone read what it said?

bobcat4life
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud

Did anyone read what it said?

There was a huge article in DCTF last year about it and they UIL sounded like they were tip toeing around saying it was proposed, but it looked like it was obviously proposed by someone.

ccmom
02-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Yes... They will wait and see Wylies Number and then set it about 5 over that. Dont you know anything about how this deal works?

Yes, and Snyder will be bumped around from district to district in order to prevent any group of schools from having to tolerate your drivel for more than a couple of years at a time.:rolleyes:

ccmom
02-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Wylie still in 3A???? :thinking: :thinking: FIGURES! :devil: :D

Yes, Mr. Addict....you've got us pegged. We do whatever it takes to stay 3A. Afterall, 3A football is a walk in the park. Isn't that right? Remind me again how moving from 4A to 3A worked out for the Widdle Wions...:rolleyes: :D

LionKing
02-04-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Yes, Mr. Addict....you've got us pegged. We do whatever it takes to stay 3A. Afterall, 3A football is a walk in the park. Isn't that right? Remind me again how moving from 4A to 3A worked out for the Widdle Wions...:rolleyes: :D It was nice meeting you after the B-ball game ccmom.

ccmom
02-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by LionKing
It was nice meeting you after the B-ball game ccmom.

You too, LionKing! I wish I could have chatted longer, but road trips on a school night make for cranky boys sometimes. I was focused on getting home ASAP.:)

TarponFanInNorthTexas
02-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Ingleside Fan
Div I districts would only play Div 1 districts. Div II against Div II is the way I read it? District 15 Div I would face District 16 Div I. Is that what your saying?

My mistake. You are correct. I put one too many I in my original post.

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 12:04 PM
I did not read this whole thread but did anybody look at the 5A - D1. District 1 and District 16 in the division have 10 teams. Would that mean they would start distirst play in week zero?

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I did not read this whole thread but did anybody look at the 5A - D1. District 1 and District 16 in the division have 10 teams. Would that mean they would start distirst play in week zero?

Nope. One non-district game and nine district games. There is
a ten team 5A district right now. I don't remember which one it is
though.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Nope. One non-district game and nine district games. There is
a ten team 5A district right now. I don't remember which one it is
though. The district that Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, and Amarrillo are in is a 10 team district.

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Yes, Mr. Addict....you've got us pegged. We do whatever it takes to stay 3A. Afterall, 3A football is a walk in the park. Isn't that right? Remind me again how moving from 4A to 3A worked out for the Widdle Wions...:rolleyes: :D

That's right......"Mr. Addict"!!! You're learning Woman :p .

So when yawl move up to 4A are ya thinkin yawl will be able to take those refs that were in the back pocket with yawl?
:thinking: Just a harmless question....... :evillol: :evillol:

Sweetwater Red
02-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
The district that Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, and Amarrillo are in is a 10 team district.

That's right.

District 2-5A

Amarillo
Amarillo Tascosa
Lubbock
Lubbock Coronado
Lubbock Monterey
Midland
Midland Lee
Odessa
Odessa Permian
San Angelo Central

San Angelo to Amarillo....313 miles and about 5 and half hours
according to google maps.

Texasfootball2
02-04-2009, 01:21 PM

So when yawl move up to 4A are ya thinkin yawl will be able to take those refs that were in the back pocket with yawl?
:thinking: Just a harmless question....... :evillol: :evillol: :weeping: :bigcry:

:foul:

:1popcorn:

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
:weeping: :bigcry:

:foul:

:1popcorn:

Heh Heh!!! Saw you down there talking to Coach last night. :thinking: :thinking: Askin him to be gentle??? :devil: :p

Texasfootball2
02-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Heh Heh!!! Saw you down there talking to Coach last night. :thinking: :thinking: Askin him to be gentle??? :devil: :p Gentle???? Ha:D Bob was just trying to pick my brain to see if I could give him any insight as to how to truely run a successful High School football program since I've been around the Dawgs for the last 25 years:2thumbsup

Just kidding:hand: Actually because Bob has so many ties in Abilene and many of those are Wylie folks, I think the Brownwood/Wylie rivalry just took on a completely new twist. I now for me personally I will be rooting for the Lions to do well except for the one game that I hope they loose every year in triple overtime:D . With Bob being this close to Abliene you may see me around Brownwood more often. Please don't hesitate to come up and say HI!:wave: I always enjoy visiting with the Brownwood folk, in fact, my favorite meet and greet was at the Brownwood game last year, even enjoyed visiting with Rocket, as usual he's never short on words or his opinion:) but thats what makes him interesting and amusing.

Lastly: I really want to wish Coach Freeman luck and I hope things work out for him. He too is a good man.

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 01:56 PM

Get 'em addict...:1popcorn: :1popcorn:

ccmom
02-04-2009, 03:24 PM

Of course we will! :rolleyes:

And I confident that Brownwood will continue to bring excuses, no matter which Class they are playing in.;) :taunt:

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Of course we will! :rolleyes:

And I confident that Brownwood will continue to bring excuses, no matter which Class they are in.;) :taunt:

You speak of "the dog ate my homework" in Algebra class excuse :confused: :confused: . Has to be it. :rolleyes:
We're talkin football here Woman! Get back in the kitchen :p :D