PDA

View Full Version : UIL changes

kepdawg
02-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Charles Breithaupt has been promoted from athletic director to executive director to replace outgoing Bill Farney. How big of an impact could a new athletic director have?

JR2004
02-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Charles Breithaupt has been promoted from athletic director to executive director to replace outgoing Bill Farney. How big of an impact could a new athletic director have?

A pretty good impact. I hope Breithaupt does well. He's an old basketball coach (and a pretty darn good one too.) who led H-J to a state title in 1991. I wish I had been going to The Drum back then because I would've loved to have gotten to see that H-J team.

The one beef many folks will have with Farney from his tenure is when he helped get Copperas Cove put in region I when Shereka Wright played there.

That was a pretty controversial move because his wife was the head girls coach in Georgetown and they just happened to be in Region II. That move for Cove meant they had to play against Erin Grant from Mansfield.

Johnny Utah
02-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Farney has been an ICON at the UIL, Brieghtup will be as well. Great people. My father coached against Farney long ago, great stories.

bobcat4life
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
The UIL is working on a split divisions re-allignment in which teams will know if they will be D1 or D2 before the season begins.

injuredinmelee
02-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
A pretty good impact. I hope Breithaupt does well. He's an old basketball coach (and a pretty darn good one too.) who led H-J to a state title in 1991. I wish I had been going to The Drum back then because I would've loved to have gotten to see that H-J team.

The one beef many folks will have with Farney from his tenure is when he helped get Copperas Cove put in region I when Shereka Wright played there.

That was a pretty controversial move because his wife was the head girls coach in Georgetown and they just happened to be in Region II. That move for Cove meant they had to play against Erin Grant from Mansfield.

what about the way he got Georgetown moved out of the same district as Westlake? That was pretty shady.

cotulla
02-05-2009, 01:17 PM
There will be big changes in the UIL offices this spring and summer.

Breithaupt is already UIL executive director.

There may be up to 3 new Assistant A.D.'s in the office this spring.

The great thing is the promotion of Breithaupt. Things should keep rolling like they've been.