PDA

View Full Version : The Day The Music Died

Bullaholic
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm a big fan of "oldie" music, particullary "Doo Wop", and it is hard to believe we are about to mark the 50th anniversary of the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, and Richie Valens. I personally think that there has been no music made after 1975. :D

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/02/day.music.died/index.html

GUNHO
02-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm with you on the oldies music.For me the begining of the end for music that I so loved was when the Beatles invaded America in 1965.Within a short span of time it seems all you heard was loud music,screaming volcalist that you could not possibly understand.

For me "GIVE ME THAT OLD TIME ROCK AND ROLL".:inlove:

Farmersfan
02-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I'm a big fan of "oldie" music, particullary "Doo Wop", and it is hard to believe we are about to mark the 50th anniversary of the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, and Richie Valens. I personally think that there has been no music made after 1975. :D

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/02/day.music.died/index.html

Yea, and your pets have not been the same since your dinosaur died!!!!
:D :D :D

There was a lot of great music made pre 1975 but the real golden age of rock was late 70's and early 80's...................(IMHO)
If you take the time to get to know some of the groups today you will see that there are some really good musicians these days. And some of the 70's and 80's musicians are still going strong. (not talking about rap).

Ranger Mom
02-02-2009, 04:33 PM
The 80's rocked!!!!

Bullaholic
02-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Yea, and your pets have not been the same since your dinosaur died!!!!
:D :D :D

There was a lot of great music made pre 1975 but the real golden age of rock was late 70's and early 80's...................(IMHO)
If you take the time to get to know some of the groups today you will see that there are some really good musicians these days. And some of the 70's and 80's musicians are still going strong. (not talking about rap).

O.k.---I'll have to admit to you and RM that were several power ballads from the 80's that I like....Time-Life's "Monster Ballads" had quite a few of the best ones on it. Seems like most of the guys in these types of bands in the 80's were prettier than most girls with the big hair and all---except "Kiss", of course. :D

KingRob
02-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The 80's rocked!!!!

:iagree:

gobbler grad
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The 80's rocked!!!!

:ditto:

Antec
02-02-2009, 08:24 PM
In the Texas Music Magazine There is a big front cover pic of Holly's black glasses

There are three feature stories on Buddy, The Big Bopper and another story

This magazine can be found at most newstands around the state.

I always conisdered Buddy a little bit Rockabilly and pop rock

Have some vinyl lps of his and 45s

have tons of his songs on mp3s on my computer

Bigworm
02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Thats funny because we are just now learning about that style of music in my history of rock n roll class:eek:

DDBooger
02-02-2009, 09:19 PM
music didn't die, people just got old lol