PDA

View Full Version : Pirate attacks in Gulf of Aden

turbostud
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Why doesnt a country, any country, sail a ship through the Gulf of Aden loaded with a Special Forces team, Seal team, etc. and when the pirates show up blow them up. I dont think anyone would complain and I think the pirates would then think twice about who they try to board. Seems like a simple solution to me.

Pmoney
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by turbostud
Why doesnt a country, any country, sail a ship through the Gulf of Aden loaded with a Special Forces team, Seal team, etc. and when the pirates show up blow them up. I dont think anyone would complain and I think the pirates would then think twice about who they try to board. Seems like a simple solution to me.
Now that wouldn't be the "politically correct" thing to do:tisk:...no matter if force is needed, some people will still get upset about using force to solve a problem...I mean that sounds like a great idea and I would endorse it but I doubt it happens

ronwx5x
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM

1. There is more than one group of pirates. "Blowing up" one of them would not stop the others, it is too lucrative.
2. Not all ships, nor even a large percentage of them, are attacked. How many times would a decoy have to sail through before being attacked?
3. Even if successful once, the same tactic would probably not be successful a second time. Pirates are not all stupid. They would just start all over again.

DDBooger
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
Now that wouldn't be the "politically correct" thing to do:tisk:...no matter if force is needed, some people will still get upset about using force to solve a problem...I mean that sounds like a great idea and I would endorse it but I doubt it happens that would hardly be the reason, too much traffic to outfit each with spec teams forces. Ours are certainly overextended. Too many nationalities, too many interested parties. The dynamics of it would be huge. Essentially what is going to happen I imagine is a blockade of the country. Even then, they can slip small boats through. Pretty bad mess.

Trashman
02-02-2009, 07:11 PM

The Gulf of Aden is a vast area, looking for pirates would be like looking for a needle in a hay stack.:( However I do love the thought of them being killed.:devil: