PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable moment...

BigChamp05
10-31-2003, 03:29 PM
What is everybody's most memorable moment in high school, athletically?

Buckeye80
10-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Although I didn't actually remember it, getting knocked out on a kickoff return was pretty sweet.

BigChamp05
10-31-2003, 03:49 PM
I got two. One was winning the state championship, and the other was baseball. Last year agianst Yoakum in the regional quaterfinals or some thing. I was pitching against Randy Boone in the 7th with my team up by 1. I walked the bases loaded with no outs in the bottom of the 7th, and got three outs to win game one of the best of three series. The two moments i will remember for the rest of my life.

Cat22
10-31-2003, 04:31 PM
Intercepting a pass in our final game my senior year.

weatherag07
10-31-2003, 11:17 PM
I know this is about football memories, and I didn't play (ha ha-i was in drill team!), but the Burnet-Ingram game brings back an awesome memory...
2 years ago, my junior year, we were beating the heck outta Ingram, and we were in the middle of our field show. There was a part where we all started dancing with these silk white flags, and BOOM! Lighting struck, and the thunder was SOOO loud. I thought it was so cool, and of course we kept doin our thing til we heard our directors screaming GET OFF THE FIELD!! They were going crazy and I thought it was so funny. Turned out there was a tornado 10 miles down the road!
I just thought that was so cool...ha ha...there's my fascination in weather for you!

Rabbit'93
10-31-2003, 11:49 PM
Mine was in '91. We made it to the quaterfinals for the first time in years and got to play in Texas Stadium against Southlake Carroll. Although we lost I will always remember that.

Da Mules
11-01-2003, 12:09 AM
Football (stone age, mind you. This was in 1971.) We ran the Texas Y-Wishbone, and I was right halfback . In a 3rd and long situation, game on the line against one of our biggest rivals, I was supposed to take out their Parade All-America DE so we could run the option to RH side. He stuffed me, and stopped the play cold. Coach called a time-out and talked to all of us. He then took me aside and said to me, you GOT to take that DE out, we can make 30 yards on that play if you'll do your job and give the QB the corner! He calls the right option play again. I'm so fired up and I feel like I let the whole team down on the previous play, which in fact I did. I hit that All-American so hard he left his feet and flew backwards, and we scored on 4th down to tie the game. 32 years later; I'll never forget knocking Jay Bonogofski on his butt and him flying backwards through the air.. the best block I ever made at the best time, and more memorable to me than any long run or any other play I ever made.

District303aPastPlayer
11-01-2003, 12:11 AM
Week 7 vs. Aransas Pass... I wasnt Mr. All stater, so when i started i was stoked... I outran Marcus Charles on a TD run and was throwin blocks down field... when watching the film, the coach asked, "Aaron? what the hell are you doin? what got into you?" and i got named Lineman of the week :D

Da Mules
11-01-2003, 01:20 PM
ttt. Let's hear some more good ones from the good ole days

3afan2K3
11-01-2003, 01:27 PM
I recovered a fumble this past Thursday

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 01:33 PM
I racked my brains to remember anything memorable from my high school days and finally did it. I guess it would've been my sophomore year, JV basketball. Our coach didn't really like any of the JV players, but loved the freshman. Even though we had separate teams, she always had many freshman playing & starting on both teams, while we kept the bench warm.

One week, the freshman & JV were scheduled to play in different tournaments. Of course, she decided she must travel with the freshmen, so the varsity boys coach went with us. By this time, many of the JV players had quit, so we only had 5 players. 2 varsity girls had each missed a tournament, so they were eligible to play with us, leaving us 1 substitute...yeah, this was in the day of half-court girls' b-ball. We won the Consolation game and her precious freshmen lost theirs. We were sooo happy.

Of course, on Monday, she was very ticked off, so all JV regular team members ran lines every practice that entire week.

LH Panther Mom
11-01-2003, 01:34 PM
3afan2K3:
I recovered a fumble this past ThursdayGood job! :cool:

jason
11-01-2003, 01:46 PM
LH Panther Mom:

3afan2K3:
I recovered a fumble this past ThursdayGood job! :cool: They still lost 38-0.... :D eek!

3afan2K3
11-01-2003, 01:53 PM
jason:

LH Panther Mom:

3afan2K3:
I recovered a fumble this past ThursdayGood job! :cool: They still lost 38-0.... :D eek! The good thing is I never left the field the whole second half, and I only came out on our defenses 1-2 play stands in the first half

Da Mules
11-01-2003, 01:55 PM
Hilarious, PantherMom! Some of my memories (not necessarily the "best" ones) include b*tth*le coaches making asses of themselves. Our varsity basketball coach taught us more about life, character, and sportsmanship than any of our football jerks ever did; even though we never finished all that well in basketball.

Great job supporting your own JV team, Jason. :rolleyes:

<small>[ November 01, 2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Da Mules ]</small>