PDA

View Full Version : 6 Sport Athletes

allforball
02-01-2009, 09:50 AM
Are there any? And when is it too much???

Emerson1
02-01-2009, 09:59 AM
No. Track, golf, baseball, and soccer all overlap.

44INAROW
02-01-2009, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I had one that for a SHORT time did golf, baseball and track at the same time - track ended up being dropped - just not enough sun in the day to get all that practice in = golf and baseball was a big trick in itself :eek:

poisoned10
02-01-2009, 11:38 AM
A buddy of mine in high school played football, basketball, baseball and ran track.

He was a trooper.

maestro
02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I had one that for a SHORT time did golf, baseball and track at the same time - track ended up being dropped - just not enough sun in the day to get all that practice in = golf and baseball was a big trick in itself

BUT WE'RE TALKING PRACTICE!!

IT'S JUST PRACTICE!!

to quote a famous athlete....

bobcat4life
02-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I dont think it is even possible to be a six sport athlete. Too many things would overlap and there would not be enough time for practice.

swstangs001
02-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I dont think it is even possible to be a six sport athlete. Too many things would overlap and there would not be enough time for practice.

My Junior year in high school (2007) there was a kid from breckenridge that i know played football, golf, basketball, and baseball...I'm not sure if he ran track but because of the fact that he played all the other sports and his build i'm pretty sure he did.

crabman
02-01-2009, 03:42 PM
We had a kid a few years ago, I don't recall his name, that ran Cross Country, played in the band, and played football. He did the cross country workout in the morning BEFORE he went to two a days.

I think his last name was Clark. Can anybody help me?

Emerson1
02-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by crabman
We had a kid a few years ago, I don't recall his name, that ran Cross Country, played in the band, and played football. He did the cross country workout in the morning BEFORE he went to two a days.

Kent?

allforball
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Add basketball, tennis and powerlifting to that list.

allforball
02-01-2009, 04:28 PM
4 sports would be the max. Football, basketball (or soccer), baseball and track could work, still some overlap. Good for a young athlete but by the time they are Juniors and Seniors most stick to the sports they know they can contribute to.

44INAROW
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by crabman

that would be COREY - he's at UTSA majoring in horticulture - he plans on starting his own landscaping business. He is Galeisio's (sp) nephew

44INAROW
02-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by maestro
I had one that for a SHORT time did golf, baseball and track at the same time - track ended up being dropped - just not enough sun in the day to get all that practice in = golf and baseball was a big trick in itself

BUT WE'RE TALKING PRACTICE!!

IT'S JUST PRACTICE!!

to quote a famous athlete....
it might be "just practice" but if you don't make the practices - you don't play - well at least that's the way it is in Cuero - I can't speak for other places..He also played football and basketball but I thought they meant playing at the same time :p

formercougar18
02-02-2009, 11:48 PM
mike hicks played football, track,baseball, and powerlifting, but i think four is the most i have ever heard of.....

coachkiss
02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I coached a kid that did cross country, football, track, powerlifting, and baseball.

He was pretty good at all of them.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
My daughter Whitney did:

Cross Country, Wrestling, Softball, Track and Cheerleading. That is if you count Cheerleading she would have 5.

She was twice awarded All-American Cheerleader during camps. The cheering took up a lot of her time and she had to practice in the evenings.

I think Vernon may have had a 6 sport athlete. I recall Kyle Clifton played football, baseball, golf, basketball, track and I'm not sure if he did Tennis. If we had a 6 sporter it would be him or his sister Kelly who did softball, volleyball, golf, basketball, track, cheerleading, and maybe tennis.

Those Cliftons were some great athletes.

trg
02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
I know someone who as an 8th grader did cross country, football, basketball, track, golf, and tennis. But cut back to only cross country, football, basketball, and baseball in high school.