PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to HOF'er Bob Hayes! (merged)

kepdawg
01-31-2009, 02:58 PM
:clap:

Electus Unus
01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Congrats to Bruce Smith, Rod Woodson, Randall McDaniel, Derrick Thomas, and Ralph Wilson also.

Still no Ray Guy...what a disappointment that is in my eyes.

Reds fan
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Very happy to see "Bullet" Bob Hayes in the HOF!:2thumbsup

I. B. Watching
01-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Very happy to see "Bullet" Bob Hayes in the HOF!:2thumbsup
It's about time. Anyone who ever saw him play... he was amazing.

Trashman
01-31-2009, 04:56 PM
It's about time!:D

Bull Butter
01-31-2009, 05:26 PM
An honor long overdue. Thanks to the voters for finally recognizing him.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Phil C
01-31-2009, 09:20 PM
I agree. Well deserved and about time. It is a shame he is not alive to enjoy it.

Way to go Bob!

Phil C
01-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Now they need to get in Drew Pearson and Harvey Martin.

Phil C
01-31-2009, 09:40 PM
Also, of course, Tommy Nobis.

That is right. He has not yet been elected to the HOF!

:eek:

coach
01-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Congrats on a great gettting recognized

zebrablue2
02-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
An honor long overdue. Thanks to the voters for finally recognizing him.:clap: :clap: :clap:

:iagree:

I. B. Watching
02-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Now they need to get in Drew Pearson and Harvey Martin.
Hard to believe these guys have also been overlooked, along with Nobis. I suppose the Cowboys were so good then, they were a true team. They had stars and standouts, but I guess no one really "stood out" but then again, that didn't seem to hurt the Steelers when it came to the Hall. Lol, maybe there really is a Cowboy conspiracy. Nobis was a tremendous player on some average teams, which makes his impact that much more impressive.

bp80884
02-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg

I found something really cool today. I found a personalized autograph from Bob Hayes from nearly 20 years ago. He used to hang out with my dad at Chili Cookoffs years ago and they had a cool relationship.

He was a good guy who ran into issues, but none the less he was a friend of my dads. We are so proud of him. I wish he was a live today to enjoy this.

I. B. Watching
02-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by bp80884
I found something really cool today. I found a personalized autograph from Bob Hayes from nearly 20 years ago. He used to hang out with my dad at Chili Cookoffs years ago and they had a cool relationship.

He was a good guy who ran into issues, but none the less he was a friend of my dads. We are so proud of him. I wish he was a live today to enjoy this.
Years and years ago, in Dallas, you could collect coke bottle caps, and they would have a Dallas Cowboy player picture underneath. You would collect them and glue them on a Cowboy poster, and if you collected them all, you would send it in for a Cowboy football, and if you got a certain amount, you would get a Cowboy coaching cap. We got the football one year and Hayes and Dandy Don signed that for me when I was about 8 I guess. One of my treasured possessions. Those old Cowboys were good guys to us little kids

bobcat4life
02-01-2009, 03:27 PM
LONG overdue. Its a shame he didnt live to see this.

rancher
02-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Tom Landry, Tex Schram and company had the vision to see how speed could kill in football. In taking Bob Hayes, they took pro football in a new direction. I rember how exciting it was to see the long bomb from Dandy Don to Bullet Bob. Bob Hays should have been in the Hall of Fame a long time ago.

Phil C
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
One play I wish they would put on you tube or somewhere is the long td to Bob Hayes against the Giants. Bob caught it just about a yard behind a NY Giant Defender who was also fast and the two raced to the endzone in the same position for about 40 yards before the defender made a dive near the 5 yard line but Bob was just out of his reach and scored. A sportswriter asked Bob later if he thought he was going to be caught and he said "Naw, I knew he was just a 9.6 Man."

:)

This is one play I would love to see again. It was spectacular.