PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best Basketball fans?

RedStorm
01-31-2009, 01:34 PM
You've seen this year?

KingRob
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM
I know you asked "this year", but I haven't been in Texas during basketball season in a while. However, back in the day Victoria High could rock a gym. The fans were loud, and their drill team was even louder. They were very intimidating. Of course this school is long gone!

MJMbrahmas10
01-31-2009, 02:06 PM
IMO bellville has good student section...but they do get a little annoying with there airball chant.....and everybody loves the mom who yells really loud(not saying any names but bellville knows whom im talkin about)

IHStangFan
01-31-2009, 02:50 PM
In our district....both Sweeny and Needville can get a gym rocking. Can't wait for Needville -vs- Sweeny 2.0!!

RedStorm
01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
IMO bellville has good student section...but they do get a little annoying with there airball chant.....and everybody loves the mom who yells really loud(not saying any names but bellville knows whom im talkin about)

ya...they have been better than what i've seen in our district.

Emerson1
01-31-2009, 03:45 PM
*Insert your team here*

eagles_victory
01-31-2009, 03:46 PM
Id have to put Mexia and Crockett up there both are crazy for a huge matchup crazy fans small gyms. Crockett had a 15 year home streak from 82 to 97 and Mexia had a streak that just ended a few years ago of not losing a district game for 9 straight years.

Fairfield had a really annoying student section 2 years ago.

JR2004
01-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Argyle has some loud fans. Their student section was loud when I saw them, but they were a bit obnoxious. I don't know why they 10 or so of them were allowed to stand within a couple or three feet of the court on the side opposite of Argyle's bench. I think you should have to stay in the stands.

CelinaCatFan
01-31-2009, 07:40 PM
As far as high school hoops, I always loved watching the PA Lincoln fans down in Austin. It's kinda sad that the "BUM...BLE...BEES program no longer exists.

In college hoops, I love watching any Duke game (especially against UNC).

HEMOTOXIC
01-31-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
As far as high school hoops, I always loved watching the PA Lincoln fans down in Austin. It's kinda sad that the "BUM...BLE...BEES program no longer exists.

In college hoops, I love watching any Duke game (especially against UNC).

Wow, I loved those Bumble Bee Fans! My freshman year, we had the pleasure of playing PA Lincoln in the playoffs at Channelview HS. What a mistake. The gym wasn't any bigger than Navasota's Jr High Fang gym, which isn't all that bad, but, for a playoff game, it was way too small. Everyone from the grandma's to grandpa's to lil kids were up singinging, cheering, stomping, and clapping.

When I was in school, Waller was always a tough place to play. Their student body was loud.

I really don't have a college favorite.

NBA, I've always loved the fans at the Delta Center/Energy Solutions Center....Although they can be obnoxious, the Jazz fans always seem to be louder than the rest.

coach
02-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Id have to put Mexia and Crockett up there both are crazy for a huge matchup crazy fans small gyms. Crockett had a 15 year home streak from 82 to 97 and Mexia had a streak that just ended a few years ago of not losing a district game for 9 straight years.

Fairfield had a really annoying student section 2 years ago.

you mean the terrible towels were annoying

bvillebrahma010
02-06-2009, 12:19 AM
bellville... we have athletic directors comp[laining about our chants and yelling!

RedStorm
02-06-2009, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by bvillebrahma010
bellville... we have athletic directors comp[laining about our chants and yelling!

Think we dont when we do?

firstdown
02-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Argyle has some loud fans. Their student section was loud when I saw them, but they were a bit obnoxious. I don't know why they 10 or so of them were allowed to stand within a couple or three feet of the court on the side opposite of Argyle's bench. I think you should have to stay in the stands.

I totally agree with you on the students being to close to the court. I was an official for 12 years and I never would have let the students that close to the court. However I think that was fixed this week. Administrators moved them into stands in the second half and my son told me there was an announcement Wednesday to stay in stands during game time.

JR2004
02-06-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by firstdown
I totally agree with you on the students being to close to the court. I was an official for 12 years and I never would have let the students that close to the court. However I think that was fixed this week. Administrators moved them into stands in the second half and my son told me there was an announcement Wednesday to stay in stands during game time.

I'm glad to hear the administration stepped in and fixed that. I was really surprised that the officials didn't do something about it during the game. I found that kinda odd I guess. Against Kennedale it wasn't a problem, but if it were a team with some hotheads on it, that's something that can get out of control really fast with how close they were.

I liked the support though. The kids were really, really into the game from start to finish! Too bad more schools don't have a student section as loud as the one y'all have!