PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood vs Wylie bball round 2

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 09:50 AM
I cant wait. Wylie is coming to our house and I suspect we will give them a better game this time than the first time.

Wylie, get ready to go home with your tails tucked between your legs!

Lion_Addict
01-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I cant wait. Wylie is coming to our house and I suspect we will give them a better game this time than the first time.

:iagree: :ditto: :evillol: :cheerl: :clap:

Troybuilt
01-31-2009, 11:06 AM
lookin forward to beatn wylie.

Our team will be there.

But will our coach?

injuredinmelee
01-31-2009, 11:12 AM
Its good that you boys have a dream.

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt

Our team will be there.

But will our coach?

:confused: :confused: Am I missing something?:confused: :confused:

Lion_Addict
01-31-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Its good that you boys have a dream.

That will become yawl's NIGHTMARE :devil:

Troybuilt
01-31-2009, 11:33 AM
:confused: :confused: Am I missing something?:confused: :confused:

i guessso To early to talk about it but everyone will find out soon enuff

slingshot
01-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Funny--Ya'll were talkin' the same smack before coming up here and getting demolished :rolleyes: ... same outcome this time. Wylie by 10. Girls? Wylie by however much they want to win by that night. ;)

TinyTim
01-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Troy,

You are pretty low individual to say those things and you know what I'm talkin about. I don't know what the outcome will be, but if you listen to some around here, we dont' have much of a chance. I personally choose to think that we got one heck of a basketball team and that we are gonna be playing for a while.

But I sure would like to meet you out front of the gym lets say around 5:30 p.m. Send me a P.M. if we got a deal cuz I need to see the person who is makin this website smell so bad.

Lion_Addict
01-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Troy,

You are pretty low individual to say those things and you know what I'm talkin about. I don't know what the outcome will be, but if you listen to some around here, we dont' have much of a chance. I personally choose to think that we got one heck of a basketball team and that we are gonna be playing for a while.

But I sure would like to meet you out front of the gym lets say around 5:30 p.m. Send me a P.M. if we got a deal cuz I need to see the person who is makin this website smell so bad.

:eek: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:

injuredinmelee
01-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:eek: :1popcorn: :1popcorn:
yeah pass me a box of that, this ought to be good.

injuredinmelee
01-31-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by slingshot
Funny--Ya'll were talkin' the same smack before coming up here and getting demolished :rolleyes: ... same outcome this time. Wylie by 10. Girls? Wylie by however much they want to win by that night. ;)
remind you of football season also? lol

Snydertigersrul
01-31-2009, 01:35 PM

ANOTHER WYLIE 10-POINT WIN IS COMING TUESDAY

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
ANOTHER WYLIE 10-POINT WIN IS COMING TUESDAY

Why arn't you cheering for Snyder? ;)

Lion_Addict
01-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Why arn't you cheering for Snyder? ;)

He's been wrapped up in that Baseball thing they had last year forever now :rolleyes: :devil:

Trashman
01-31-2009, 02:33 PM
I think these games will be better than you wilie posters are willing to admit.:devil:

ccmom
01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Trashman
I think these games will be better than you wilie posters are willing to admit.:devil:

I was at the game the last time they played, and I am more than willing to admit that it was a good close game...for about one period. :D

Lion_Addict
01-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
I was at the game the last time they played, and I am more than willing to admit that it was a good close game...for about one period. :D

Well come on down to the WOOD sista! Betcha yawl will get a full 4 quarters worthy of your mighty Bullfrogs :p
Me & Lookin4#8 will even save you a seat on the more special side :D

ccmom
01-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Well come on down to the WOOD sista! Betcha yawl will get a full 4 quarters worthy of your mighty Bullfrogs :p
Me & Lookin4#8 will even save you a seat on the more special side :D

You mean you guys are going to sit on the visiting side just for me?? You are just too much...:D :kiss:

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 10:11 PM
You mean you guys are going to sit on the visiting side just for me?? You are just too much...:D :kiss:

We might have too. Our side will be packed watching the Lions whip the frogs.

injuredinmelee
02-01-2009, 01:43 AM
We might have too. Our side will be packed watching the Lions whip the frogs.

do we have to have a crucifix with Gordon Wood on it instead of Jesus to be able to sit on the Brownwood side?

Looking4number8
02-01-2009, 09:23 AM
do we have to have a crucifix with Gordon Wood on it instead of Jesus to be able to sit on the Brownwood side?

no, you just have to wear maroon...:nerd: Just kidding, look us up, you are welcome to sit with us. We might even make friendly wagers to see has to by the Dr. Pepper from the concession stand

slingshot
02-01-2009, 12:32 PM
At least we can all agree on that... Dr. Pepper rules!

Lion_Addict
02-01-2009, 02:43 PM
At least we can all agree on that... Dr. Pepper rules!

:hand: NOT!!!! Like I would agree with sumthin you would say :rolleyes:
Coca Cola ya durn purple person! :p

slingshot
02-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Geesh... :rolleyes: :D

Looking4number8
02-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Any of you Abilene posters making the game tomorrow?

Troybuilt
02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Naw they prolly to afraid to show up.

it will be easy. Stop #12 and we win the game. he makes it all happen for wylie. We need to get that kid in foul trouble early cuz the team aint the same without him out there. #40 is good too though.

ccmom
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Troybuilt
Naw they prolly to afraid to show up.

it will be easy. Stop #12 and we win the game. he makes it all happen for wylie. We need to get that kid in foul trouble early cuz the team aint the same without him out there. #40 is good too though.

How'd that work for ya last time?:confused: :rolleyes:

Rocket
02-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a question. Was the officiating bad when we played there like it was in football? That would explain how Wylie would have beaten us the first time...

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
I have a question. Was the officiating bad when we played there like it was in football? That would explain how Wylie would have beaten us the first time... Oh man it was aweful, horrible, totally one sided, worst I've ever seen. If they call it fair tomarrow night the Dawgs should blow'em out easily:D

Does that answer your question Rocketman? I know your still pee'ooooohed about the fumble back in October! or as you saw it no fumble:thinking:

I really hope I get to make this game. This should be a good one.

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2009, 01:28 PM

Are you challenging another poster to a possible confrontation?
I would hope that someone in the healing business wouldn't make
a point of doing injury to others.:(

Looking4number8
02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Oh man it was aweful, horrible, totally one sided, worst I've ever seen. If they call it fair tomarrow night the Dawgs should blow'em out easily:D

Does that answer your question Rocketman? I know your still pee'ooooohed about the fumble back in October! or as you saw it no fumble:thinking:

I really hope I get to make this game. This should be a good one.

Hmm.... should we plan a bball meet and greet?

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 01:32 PM

If I get to come to the game I would love to have meet and greet. We can discuss the officials or something like that:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
A question for both Wylie and Brownwood.

Are there any kids that start on ya'lls basketball teams that were also
standouts on the football field?

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Are their any kids that start on ya'lls basketball teams that were also
standouts on the football field? Wylie's QB and best WR are both productive players. Neither of them are starters though.

ccmom
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM

There's about an 80% chance that I will be there, and I would love to meet you guys. Well...most of you....:rolleyes: :D

JR2004
02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Sounds like this will be a good game.

Lion_Addict
02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I know your still pee'ooooohed about the fumble back in October! or as you saw it no fumble:thinking:

Oh, he ain't the only one that saw it that way.......as I have said, the (video)camera don't lie :devil: :p

Looking4number8
02-02-2009, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Are there any kids that start on ya'lls basketball teams that were also
standouts on the football field?

Parker Taylor or WR is the Bball star. Also several others. The starting RB, a sophomore DB/RB that was on varsity. Thats the main ones i can think of right now. I am sure their are more and I am sure they will be pissed that I forgot them.

TinyTim
02-02-2009, 02:34 PM
People seem to making more of this game than it really is. Although it is huge for Brownwood, They potentially will have to beat Wylie twice. I can say that I have seen this Wylie team play alot of basketball and when it counts, they will go to war with anyone. This team is excellent at defense which is where games are won. They are predominantly Seniors, they are not flashy which is what catches the eyes of everyone, but defense wins championships. I can speak for several on that team and they LOVE a fight. It is what they play for. Blowing teams out by 20 doesn't do it, but good competitive games do for these guys. I'll be there for this one for sure. My guess is that Coach P turns the dogs loose for this one and doesn't let up till the end of the game.

Wylie 62

Brownwood 51

Lion_Addict
02-02-2009, 02:37 PM
Parker Taylor or WR is the Bball star. Also several others. The starting RB, a sophomore DB/RB that was on varsity. Thats the main ones i can think of right now. I am sure their are more and I am sure they will be pissed that I forgot them.

Rashad Deal & Graylon Brown come to mind.

BwdLions
02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
People seem to making more of this game than it really is. Although it is huge for Brownwood, They potentially will have to beat Wylie twice. I can say that I have seen this Wylie team play alot of basketball and when it counts, they will go to war with anyone. This team is excellent at defense which is where games are won. They are predominantly Seniors, they are not flashy which is what catches the eyes of everyone, but defense wins championships. I can speak for several on that team and they LOVE a fight. It is what they play for. Blowing teams out by 20 doesn't do it, but good competitive games do for these guys. I'll be there for this one for sure. My guess is that Coach P turns the dogs loose for this one and doesn't let up till the end of the game.

Wylie 62

Brownwood 51

I don't think that's right TT. If Brownwood beats Wylie, both teams will have only one loss (and it would be against one another).

Lions 58
Dogs 55

JR2004
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
I don't think that's right TT. If Brownwood beats Wylie, both teams will have only one loss (and it would be against one another).

Lions 58
Dogs 55

I believe he's saying that y'all will have to win this game and then another should both teams finish with one loss. Some schools will play a 3rd game to determine the outright district champion while others will just flip a coin to see who gets the top seed.

TinyTim
02-02-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I believe he's saying that y'all will have to win this game and then another should both teams finish with one loss. Some schools will play a 3rd game to determine the outright district champion while others will just flip a coin to see who gets the top seed.

:clap: :clap:

Looking4number8
02-02-2009, 04:20 PM
People seem to making more of this game than it really is. Although it is huge for Brownwood, They potentially will have to beat Wylie twice.

Pure bragging rights!!! 2nd place in district gets you in the playoffs but betting a ranked Wylie team gets you a little more time and fun on the downlow.... isn't that what counts!!!

RedWhiteBlue
02-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Pure bragging rights!!! 2nd place in district gets you in the playoffs but betting a ranked Wylie team gets you a little more time and fun on the downlow.... isn't that what counts!!!
Yeah and "beating" them would really give you bragging rights!!!:rolleyes: :devil:

Texasfootball2
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Pure bragging rights!!! 2nd place in district gets you in the playoffs but betting a ranked Wylie team gets you a little more time and fun on the downlow.... isn't that what counts!!! Actually getting second place makes it a rough and rocky road just to make it to the regional tourney. It's never easy but the 1st place team will have a much easier road.:D

injuredinmelee
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I will probably be there for the girls game and maybe some of the guys.

Looking4number8
02-02-2009, 04:42 PM
I will not be there for the girls game. Softball is having an intersquad scrimmiage/family night. That starts at 6 so I will miss the girls game but will be there for most of the boys game. Daughter is stressed about it all. She has to pitch for the softball game then cheer for the bball game. Says she will "stink" at the game... bout time she started acting more like her dad!

Lion_Addict
02-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Yep, we need to do a Meet & Greet. Why not? Me & Lookin are generally pretty civil :D
Halftime of the Boy's game.........or before the game? Whatever yawl think.

BwdLion_80
02-02-2009, 10:11 PM
I will not be there for the girls game. Softball is having an intersquad scrimmiage/family night. That starts at 6 so I will miss the girls game but will be there for most of the boys game. Daughter is stressed about it all. She has to pitch for the softball game then cheer for the bball game. Says she will "stink" at the game... bout time she started acting more like her dad!

The only difference is that, you stink all the time!:eek: I will be a the "scrimmage" as well. You can yell at me there to get the year started off right.:devil:

Looking4number8
02-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
The only difference is that, you stink all the time!:eek: I will be a the "scrimmage" as well. You can yell at me there to get the year started off right.:devil:

I will just cuss you quietly from upstairs. I get to run the music again....... any request? I will gladly play your favorites for calling strikes!!!

Lion_Addict
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
I will just cuss you quietly from upstairs. I get to run the music again....... any request? I will gladly play your favorites for calling strikes!!!

Got any special music for when he needs to clean those glasses? :devil: :D

Seriously, was my favorite when he called both my kids games :thumbsup:

Lion_Addict
02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
By the Way................WYLIE GOES DOWN TONIGHT!!!!! :devil: :evil: :taunt:

Lion_Addict
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
Well dang.........yawl are boring today! :dispntd: :dispntd:

slingshot
02-03-2009, 02:53 PM
...WYLIE GOES DOWN TONIGHT!!!!! Yep--all the way down to Brownwood and gets a couple of varsity wins!

ccmom
02-03-2009, 05:42 PM
Yep--all the way down to Brownwood and gets a couple of varsity wins!

Thank you, slingshot! ;)

Every response that came to my mind was a little less tactful than yours.:D

Heading to Brownwood....Go Dawgs!:clap:

Slamhammer
02-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I'm working away from the Brownwood area now. Does anyone know if the games tonight will be online somewhere?

slingshot
02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Should be streaming on the Wylie school website... I'll try to find the link and post it up.

Slamhammer
02-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Has anyone got any scores. The Wylie computer feed is breaking up.

WHS02
02-03-2009, 09:42 PM
girls and boys updates please!!!

BwdLion_80
02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Wylie boys are up by 3 at the end of 3. I don't know what the girls score was.

WHS02
02-03-2009, 09:50 PM
thanks a lot. sounds like another great game.

slingshot
02-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Here's the link--sorry for the delay... working tonight. Can't seem to get it to work right now anyway:rolleyes: .http://secure.stretchinternet.com/demo/games.php?user=wylie&o=cal_stamp&sd=today

IHStangFan
02-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Here's the link--sorry for the delay... working tonight. Can't seem to get it to work right now anyway:rolleyes: .http://secure.stretchinternet.com/demo/games.php?user=wylie&o=cal_stamp&sd=today thanks for the link...I'll have to give you guys a listen!

WHS02
02-03-2009, 10:21 PM
anybody have the final for the girls and the boys scores?

Looking4number8
02-03-2009, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
anybody have the final for the girls and the boys scores?

Wylie boys won by 14 (i think). It was a great game. Wylie only had a one point lead late in the 4th but then took over control and put it away. Big big crowd. Great fun game. I don't know the score but wylie girs won also.

WHS02
02-03-2009, 10:37 PM
thanks, yea i knew it would be a good game. i was just thinking about a joke i heard on sirius the other day when i had seen your were's waldo stuff. someone said "i'm madder then ray charles witha were's waldo book".

injuredinmelee
02-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Wylie boys won by 14 (i think). It was a great game. Wylie only had a one point lead late in the 4th but then took over control and put it away. Big big crowd. Great fun game. I don't know the score but wylie girs won also.

Girls score was 56-39 I think. Brownwood girls played hard and physical tonight. Wylie struggled a bit with it and couldnt get their shots to fall. Another great effort by the girls though and lots of girls got lots of playing time.

slingshot
02-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Dang... I feel bad--I predicted all along the 'dogs would win by 10 and they only won by 14 ;) . On the road. At Brownwood. Over the mighty Lions.... sorry, just got carried away a little. After all the smack being talked by the Brownwood posters (imagine that?), just couldn't help but rub it in a little. All in fun guys--Ya'll have a very good team and a great group of kids... good luck in the playoffs and will definitely be rooting for you from here out.

ccmom
02-03-2009, 11:55 PM
We just got home from the game and it was well worth the trip. We didn't make it in time to watch the girls, but the boys game was definitely hard fought on both sides. The atmosphere was great as well. It's always fun to have a big enthusiastic crowd. Good luck to the Lions!:)

TinyTim
02-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Brownwood put up a great fight! They have a good team and will have a nice run in the playoffs.
The Wylie boys showed tonight that they are a legit ranked team and that they will not back down from anyone. They took over the game in the middle of the 3rd and early 4th to close out the Lions. They also showed everyone tonight what some have known for a long time. They play team basketball with an AWSOME defense and the refuse to loose.

Good luck Bulldogs and thanks for the entertainment! It is definitely worth the price of admission.

Snydertigersrul
02-04-2009, 08:17 AM
By the Way................WYLIE GOES DOWN TONIGHT!!!!! :devil: :evil: :taunt:

Yea, Wylie really went down tonight, didn't they?

:D

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Yea, Wylie really went down tonight, didn't they?

:D

I saw several of them GO DOWN to the floor :tongue: :tongue:

Don't talk to me.........you're not worthy of my fingers efforts :devil: :rolleyes:

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 09:30 AM

Don't talk to me.........you're not worthy of my fingers efforts :devil: :rolleyes:

Hey addict, I wonder if STD ..uh, I mean R realized how much people make fun of him and his post?

TinyTim
02-04-2009, 09:33 AM
I saw several of them GO DOWN to the floor :tongue: :tongue:

It wasn't a boxing match. In basketball thats called a charge.

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 09:40 AM
We just got home from the game and it was well worth the trip. We didn't make it in time to watch the girls, but the boys game was definitely hard fought on both sides. The atmosphere was great as well. It's always fun to have a big enthusiastic crowd. Good luck to the Lions!:)

Hey, it was good to meet you and your son last night.. Congrats again on your bulldog victory. By the way, hope you come to your senses and get that good looking young boy out of that nasty purple color and get him something classy like ...... MAROON!

TinyTim
02-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Hey, it was good to meet you and your son last night.. Congrats again on your bulldog victory. By the way, hope you come to your senses and get that good looking young boy out of that nasty purple color and get him something classy like ...... MAROON!

I have to call bull crap on that, Green and Gold is much more like it.

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 10:13 AM

Green and Gold? That sounds more like what hits the floor after someone got drunk on gold flakes vodka.

STANG RED
02-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Who coaches the Wylie boys bball team? Is he the same one that has been coaching them for several years now?

ccmom
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM

It's Aggies and Bears in our household, so perhaps the colors will suit both of you. :D

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Gotta say.....it was a good game up till the last 2 minutes :( . Yawl purple people have some good kids out there. The crowd was awesome!

By the way, yawl did notice "Coach" in the crowd didn't ya? You know.....that coach that's got yawl skeered :taunt: :devil: . Bring on August!!!!

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Hey addict, I wonder if STD ..uh, I mean R realized how much people make fun of him and his post?

You had it right the 1st time........."STD" (A pain that is hard to get rid of) :devil:
Yeah, I think he may have a clue that he's everyone's favorite. Or then again....he does seem to be pretty clueless, so.......:devil: :rolleyes:

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Hey, it was good to meet you and your son last night..

:ditto: I'll keep your secret that you're not as mean as you seem to be ccmom ;) . OOPS!!! :p

injuredinmelee
02-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Gotta say.....it was a good game up till the last 2 minutes :( . Yawl purple people have some good kids out there. The crowd was awesome!

By the way, yawl did notice "Coach" in the crowd didn't ya? You know.....that coach that's got yawl skeered :taunt: :devil: . Bring on August!!!!
the coach you refer to wanted into this district so he could try and raise his game to the level of the best. (thats Sandifer for you maroonly challenged folks.)

injuredinmelee
02-04-2009, 04:44 PM
I walked through your shrine outside of the gym but saw nothing with 2008 or 3-7 on it??? Whats the deal with that?

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I walked through your shrine outside of the gym but saw nothing with 2008 or 3-7 on it??? Whats the deal with that?

I walked through your stadium last fall and saw nothing on '60, '65, '67, '69, '70, '78 or '81..... what's the deal with that?

ccmom
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I walked through your stadium last fall and saw nothing on '60, '65, '67, '69, '70, '78 or '81..... what's the deal with that?

Well, my new friend...considering five of those seven years were before I was even born, I personally don't see the point in discussing them. ;) :p

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Well, my new friend...considering five of those seven years were before I was even born, I personally don't see the point in discussing them. ;) :p

We won one my senior year and I will be discussing them untiol the day I die! Besides, I was just being a smart a$$ about the trophy case.

ccmom
02-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Just messin' with ya!! State championships are something special and worth bragging about. When I was in high school, we won back to back baseball titles and , even though I was obviously not on the team, those were some great times I will never forget.

Looking4number8
02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
We won one my senior year and I will be discussing them untiol the day I die! Besides, I was just being a smart a$$ about the trophy case.

yep it was great back then. I am hoping Shipley brings back some of that magic!!!

Lion_Addict
02-04-2009, 07:57 PM
yep it was great back then. I am hoping Shipley brings back some of that magic!!!

Here borrow these.......:cool: . It's lookin mighty bright bud! ;)