PDA

View Full Version : Madison 81 Roosevelt 64

JR2004
01-31-2009, 12:52 AM
That was pretty much for the district title in 11-3A. It was a more competitive game than the last time, but the transfers didn't help Velt get the win this time around. Getting three technical fouls didn't help them out either.

Roosevelt at Madison
at Cobb Field House
Friday, January 30, 2009

Roosevelt 64 Madison 81

1 2 3 4 Final
Roosevelt 13 13 16 22 --64
Madison 19 20 23 19 --81

Individual Scoring
ROOS: Marcus Price 14, Donald Price 12, DeCamron Kincade 10, DeMarcus Ross 8, Dominique Dixson 7, Morrell Bennett 5, Robbie Samuel 4, DeJon Williams 2, Curtis Cooper 2.

MAD: Dominique Smith 21, Timothy Flentroy 20, Desmond Flentroy 13, Nicholas Moore 10, Tevin Harris 10, Simeon Brinkley 4, Elton Garrett 2, Dontae Medford 1.

I. B. Watching
01-31-2009, 09:31 AM
I hope to get a chance to see Madison once the playoffs start. They appear to have a lot of weapons and based on what I've read, can do a great job of putting the defensive clamps on their opponents. I hope they can create the kind of buzz that will get the entire Dallas area excited much like some of those old Lincoln teams were doing.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
I hope to get a chance to see Madison once the playoffs start. They appear to have a lot of weapons and based on what I've read, can do a great job of putting the defensive clamps on their opponents. I hope they can create the kind of buzz that will get the entire Dallas area excited much like some of those old Lincoln teams were doing. very good at putting the clamp on their opponent defensively, game I saw them in they're almost automatic on layups and tipping the ball back in on a ball of the board. Not very big team but they have great leaping ability from most of their players.

JR2004
02-02-2009, 01:08 PM
www.hsgametime.com/dfw/videopage.html?propertyid=1&schoolid=954&nvid=327446&shu=1

That was some highlights from the game. Not real long, but it shows a few highlights. I believe the video opens up with the dance team. I think it's pretty cool that a girl from an elementary school performs with them during football and basketball season. They had one on the drill team and one that was a cheerleader this season as well.