PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Sweetwater

Idiot
10-23-2001, 01:54 PM
I am not wanting to start any smack talk on this, i am just wondering what some of the NON bias people on here think about who will win and the score, and seeing how i am bias i want make a pick. I am just interested in what everyone thinks.

jackhammer
10-23-2001, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Idiot:
I am not wanting to start any smack talk on this, i am just wondering what some of the NON bias people on here think about who will win and the score, and seeing how i am bias i want make a pick. I am just interested in what everyone thinks.

who cares , alvarado would beat either one of them !

Idiot
10-23-2001, 02:21 PM
Well so much for NO smack talk i guess, Thanks for the input jackhammer

eye of the tiger
10-23-2001, 02:26 PM
I think it will be a good football game. I think Wylie is the better of the two and will win. Good luck to both teams. Wylie by 10. And I dont think there is anything wrong with you making predictions. Nothing wrong with supporting your team.

abicooper
10-23-2001, 03:29 PM
I believe that Wylie will hold Carrillo in check (around 100 yards) and the Wylie offense will not be contained. They have too many weapons, and Sweetwater has not seen an offense as good as Wylie's. Ballinger's running game ate up Sweetwater's D, Ruth is just as good if not better than Ballinger's running back and Ensor is one of the better quarterbacks in 3A. I think that the score will be 42 to 14.

As for Alvarado, they need to beat Aledo in the first round and Wylie must beat Vernon. If these two teams do meet, I will take Wylie by 14. Do not know much about Alvarado, just like to back the bullgods.

lukedawg
10-23-2001, 04:36 PM
both these teams are good programs. They are both in the top ten best in state. Last week sweetwater got cought off guard andlost to a good ballinger team, but i think if they played 10 times sweetwater would win 9 of them. get ready for a good game in the bowl on friday. Wylie wins 24 to 17

vet93
10-23-2001, 04:54 PM
Lukedawg...Were you at the Ballinger/Sweetwater game? Ballinger was not over-matched in this game. They stood toe to toe and played Sweetwater straight up. I have watched football for a long time and have seen "fluky" wins. An example was A&M beating KSU last saturday. The Ballinger/Sweetwater game was not like that. It was intense and well played and if the teams played 10 times, Ballinger would win their fair share of them.

vet93
10-23-2001, 05:00 PM
I forgot to give my pick. I think that Wylie will win by 7 to 10 points if they can control Carrillo and not make any really bad mistakes. Carrillo is very explosive. If Wylie doesn't play good disciplined defense he can eat you up. I think Sweetwater's defense is a little suspect on the run and this could mean a big night for Ruth. Even though I think that Wylie will win a close game, I think that Sweetwater is very talented and could easily win the game if things go well for them. Good luck to both teams.

rsjmann
10-24-2001, 08:52 AM
Here is a bias pick. Sweetwater will win by 7. Wylie is good but an upset is in the making after Sweewater was beat last week.

Endword
10-24-2001, 09:28 AM
I am looking forward to a great game Fri. night in "The Bowl". There are some excellent players on both teams. I think the winner will be determined by the team which shows the most discipline in thier play. Carrillo will get his share of yards, but will not run wild. As a Wylie fan, I hope he runs about 30 times in the game! Wylie will win....let's say 35-21.

I do hope both teams play hard and show some class, unlike Wylie's opponent last week.

lugnut
10-24-2001, 10:01 AM
What does this post have to do with Alvarado???

Alvaradobacker
10-24-2001, 10:50 AM
I think Wylie will win by 2 touchdowns. However, I haven't seen Sweetwater play since they were a 4A powerhouse. I saw Wylie last year and was impressed by their beating a more talented Everman team.

bigdawg
10-24-2001, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by lugnut:
What does this post have to do with Alvarado???

This post has nothing to do with Alvarado. What the crap are you talking about?

lugnut
10-25-2001, 08:38 AM
Read the first reply to this post and you'll KNOW what the crap I'm talking about!!!

MustangFan03
10-25-2001, 04:20 PM
I would like to get my 2 cents worth in.

Ballinger is for real. They played with alot of grit and heart in their win against Sweetwater. And yes, I was there.They had at least 5 or 6 playing both ways and Sweetwater was wearing them down but not wearing them out. Great effort Ballinger, Congratulations on the win.Ballinger was probably the best team we have played this year and we have played some good one's.

Now as for the Wylie game.I do not think that the previous week will have any effect on this week except Sweetwater feels that their backs are against the wall. They will play hard knowing that they can't afford another loss in this district.

Now for my prediction.Sweetwater's D has not been the best they can be.We have won some of our games by just simply outscoring the other team in a shootout. Sweetwater does not want to do this against someone like Wylie so alot of Sweetwater gameplan has got to be to tighten up on the D. In some games they have done this and some they have not, we will just have to see which shows up. On offense they are capable of scoring fast and often, even to the dibelief of the Wylie faithful. It does happen. Don't discount that fact.

Because of the Sweetwater D, I will go:

Wylie 35 Sweetwater 28

I am a diehard Mustang but also I know football. There is my UNBIASED prediction!!!!!! P.S. Don't be surprised if I'm wrong.

[This message has been edited by MustangFan03 (edited October 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by MustangFan03 (edited October 25, 2001).]

bigdawg
10-25-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by lugnut:
Read the first reply to this post and you'll KNOW what the crap I'm talking about!!!

My bad, I didn't pay attention to that one since it wasn't talkin about Wylie/Sweetwater. Didn't mean to jump down your throat Lugnut.

Adidas410s
10-26-2001, 01:38 PM
As I did last week w/ Sweetwater and Ballinger, I will try and break down my thoughts on this game. There are 4 keys to this game really!

1. Both teams have VERY high-powered offenses. In my opinion Wylie's offense is very underrated. They are able to move the ball when the want whether through the air or on the ground. Their only weakness is having 4 new guys on the O-Line. The improvement that they have made from when I saw them against Breck up to the Merkel game was tremendous. There is still plenty of reoom for improvement though. Ensor is a good QB that ALMOST always makes smart decisions, especially in pressure situations. Carillo is a phenomenal RB at the QB position. He is able to make a good throw most of the time. W/ the exception of golfer/WR Robert Henson, their receivers are laking in talent. Wylie has a good receiving corps led by Mr. All-Everything John Lampert. This guy is one dangerous receiver. I dont understand why Merkel and Early were giving him one-on-one man most of the time. Are they stupid? Sweetwater has some talented RB's but Carillo is not likely to handoff/pitch to them more than a total of 10-15 times. Danny Ruth is not the most intimidating RB, but he can make anybody miss and he has great acceleration off the handoff. He acounts for about 60% of Wylie's TD so far this season. ADVANTAGE: slightly Wylie

2. Neither defense has impressed me when I have seen them this season. Both teams are average at best on the D-Line. Wylie's guys, especially Wunderlich, are CAPABLE of making good plays up front but havent really shown this much like they did last year. If Jeff Womble is back for Wylie this week, he will really help out their LB's because that is Wylie's weakest area. Sweetwater has a solid secondary as does Wylie and since Sweetwater is likely to run a lot of the option, look to see Lampert moving up and/or blitzing a lot from his safety position. ADVANTAGE: nobody

3. Special teams is where Wylie has the biggest advantage. Sweetwater's kicker has a very weak leg from what I have seen. Last week they gave up a blocked FG and Extra Point and that is a big shot on the lines confidence. Kent Foster of Wylie is a somewhat consistent kicker. He has good range and accuracy on FG's. Last week against Merkel, he averaged around 40-45 yds per punt. I have also seen him shank one sideways for a 5-10 yd punt. As long as they have a good snap then their shouldnt be any problems for Wylie here. ADVANTAGE: Wylie

4. Coaching would have to go to Wylie because Sandifer is a coach that sees VERY little turnover in his varsity staff. W/ the exception of the DC two years ago, the only coaches that have left Wylie in recent past have been at the Junior High level, which are usually either the camera guys or the scouts at the varsity level on Friday nights. Should be a good game though. Even though I am a huge Wylie fan, I am trying to give a non-biased opinion. I know that Sweetwater has coaches who have proven themselves in the past, but it is pretty much a given that it takes more than 1 season to input a totally new system and smooth out the wrinkles in it. ADVANTAGE: Wylie

Prediction:

Wylie 38
Sweetwater 27

That may be a little high but unless the defense's for both teams step up their play, I think that might be close to the real thing.