PDA

View Full Version : I wish the Super Bowl was played on Saturday

Looking4number8
01-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I heard Mike and Mike on ESPN radio talking about this and it really made sense.

there is a week off before the game so it would not rush the teams.

It would be an incredible night of business for the sports bars.

People would have a day to recover before returning to work

People that go to the game would have some travel time to make it home before Monday

ESPN could show highlights all day on Sunday when the working people would have a chance to watch in stead of Monday while we are at work

I am sure there are other reasons but these are the ones I remember... and they seem too make sense

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I heard Mike and Mike on ESPN radio talking about this and it really made sense.

there is a week off before the game so it would not rush the teams.

It would be an incredible night of business for the sports bars.

People would have a day to recover before returning to work

People that go to the game would have some travel time to make it home before Monday

ESPN could show highlights all day on Sunday when the working people would have a chance to watch in stead of Monday while we are at work

I am sure there are other reasons but these are the ones I remember... and they seem too make sense

It does make more sense

coach
01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
makes a lot of sense you play the entire season on a sunday then we want to play on a Saturday

eagles_victory
01-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by coach
makes a lot of sense you play the entire season on a sunday then we want to play on a Saturday You play wild card and divisional rounds on Saturday the Cowboys played the Ravens on Saturday.

coach
01-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
You play wild card and divisional rounds on Saturday the Cowboys played the Ravens on Saturday.

i guess i should have said most of the season

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by coach
makes a lot of sense you play the entire season on a sunday then we want to play on a Saturday

It's not perfect, I can see some other problems with it too. However for the average fan, right now I think it would be better. I would love to be getting ready for the Super Bowl right now

eagles_victory
01-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
It's not perfect, I can see some other problems with it too. However for the average fan, right now I think it would be better. I would love to be getting ready for the Super Bowl right now Too much tradition with the game being on Sunday for it to change I think.

turbostud
01-31-2009, 11:45 AM
It gives the NFL one more day to make money. The longer they prolong playing the game the better. More advertising, media talk, and so on. Kind of like the UIL making divisions in football. More games = more money.

gobbler grad
01-31-2009, 12:15 PM
Saturday would be much better...:thinking:

injuredinmelee
01-31-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Too much tradition with the game being on Sunday for it to change I think.
I understand what you mean but I hate tradition being used as a reason for anything.

swstangs001
01-31-2009, 02:09 PM
if it was on saturday it wouldnt be on my birthday this year and i couldnt bug my parents about how they ruined my bday by not getting me tickets to the super bowl

Looking4number8
02-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Ok, today I believe even more the game should have been played on Saturday. I only drank 3 or 4 beers from the time I started cooking up until half-time. Drank tea after that. I am just worn out from a full day of cooking, cleaning and cheering! (Damn, kind of make me sound like a woman!)