PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl this Sunday!

Phil C
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
The main thing is their defense will make the plays to win it. I would love to be wrong though because this will make them the first team to have six super bowl wins and the city will rub other people's face in the dirt like they did in the sixties. There is something about northern cities that don't have humility. Remember Green Bay when they called themselves Titletown and the Steelers with that one for the thumb nonsense in the seventies.
How unlike the Cowboys and their fans and the City who when they win always display class and humility. And it even gets better as you go farther south like when San Antonio won the WNBA. And UT in Austin always has humility and class.

When Pittsburgh wins look for rioting and looting to take place in that City even though I would love to be wrong.

LH_Tuff
01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
You should be right. But, I just have had this feeling that the Cardinals are destiny's child this year. :)

Trashman
01-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by LH_Tuff
You should be right. But, I just have had this feeling that the Cardinals are destiny's child this year. :)

I have had the same feeling for the last few days. Here's to hoping that they don't run out of gas before the end of the trip.:D

PHS Wildcats
01-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I've been uneasy about this game since Monday:(

turbostud
01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Steelers have a few injuries on offense that could be a determining factor.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Steelers roll...

Is Big Ben gonna be a HOF quarterback before all is said and done?

ILS1
01-31-2009, 09:46 AM
It feels like deja vu all over again. This time last year NO ONE gave the lowly Giants a chance against the ALL MIGHTY UNDEFEATED Patriots. But the Giants were the Lil' Engine that could and they did defeat those Pats.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 09:47 AM
Go Cardinals.... cause I love to hate the Steelers!

Trashman
01-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Go Cardinals.... cause I love to hate the Steelers!

Amen brother L4N8! ;)

Rabid Cougar
01-31-2009, 10:27 AM
TIM TEBOW will not allow his team( THE COWBOYS) to be surpassed in the number of SB wins by the Steelers

KingRob
01-31-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't really care who wins, but I keep thinking the Steelers are gonna pull out a win. Can't decide if I'm going to stay home, or walk down to the pub. The game show starts at midnight over here, and usually ends around 4 am. Making Monday an "Admin" day!

PHS Wildcats
01-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
It feels like deja vu all over again. This time last year NO ONE gave the lowly Giants a chance against the ALL MIGHTY UNDEFEATED Patriots. But the Giants were the Lil' Engine that could and they did defeat those Pats.

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

What are you talking about. Most of the experts on espn. nfl network are picking the Cards. They are acting like the Steelers are the 9-7 team.

Rabid Cougar
01-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by KingRob
I don't really care who wins, but I keep thinking the Steelers are gonna pull out a win. Can't decide if I'm going to stay home, or walk down to the pub. The game show starts at midnight over here, and usually ends around 4 am. Making Monday an "Admin" day!

I watched the "catch" and the last minutes of the "Game" at breakfast last year in Iraq.

STANG RED
02-01-2009, 02:42 AM
The Cards will make a good showing early, but the Steelers D will own the second half and they'll pull away. Hope I'm wrong, but the dominant D almost always wins the big ones. No reason to think this one wont follow suit. Steelers by 18 at least.

forum_guy
02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
idk i have been getting the feeling that people are over rating the steelers offense and as of lately the cardinals front 7 has been playing pretty dang good..i could see the steelers having problems blocking up front...should be a great game but i personally think the steelers offense is nothing to be afraid of...big ben is going to have to avoid sacks all game if he slings lucky passes out again like against the ravens a couple could be picked off...should be great either way..

bobcat4life
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I am going to agree with Will Ferrel- it will be 2-0 Steelers in double overtime haha jk:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil C
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Pittsburgh tell your police to get out the riot gear. There is going to be much destruction in the coming celebration.

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Pittsburgh tell your police to get out the riot gear. There is going to be much destruction in the coming celebration.
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. :p

DDBooger
02-01-2009, 09:53 PM
This really turned out to b a good game, Fitz is the Tebow of pro football :D

gobbler grad
02-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Cardinal defense may stop the Steeler celebration...:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2009, 10:02 PM
It's hard to tell, but the right foot doesn't look like it touched the ground. :thinking:

gobbler grad
02-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
Cardinal defense may stop the Steeler celebration...:thinking:

and then they may not...:(

that was a heck of of a catch, dragging both feet and holding on to the ball...with 3 guys on him...:eek:

gobbler grad
02-01-2009, 10:07 PM
if the Cards can't score, looks like Santonio Holmes will be the MVP...:thinking:

9 catches for 131 yds. and a TD

and the Steelers win their 6th Superbowl...:thinking:

Phil C
02-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Another correct super bowl prediction by the Sinton GodFather as usual. :clap:

Phil C
02-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Remember what I said about the rioting. And this was just a small part of it. More details will probably come later.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090202/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_super_bowl_pittsburgh_reax