PDA

View Full Version : If You have Kids either young or teens

eagles_victory
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
What are the shows, movies, and music you hate to admit to it but you listen or watch because of your kids and kind of like it?

GreenMonster
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
What are the shows, movies, and music you hate to admit to it but you listen or watch because of your kids and kind of like it? Phineas and Ferb. Those guys do some wacky stuff in that cartoon.

crzyjournalist03
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
My 8-month old loves Barney. As a kid, I hated admitting that I knew about the show because my younger sister watched it all the time.

Now though, I don't think it's any big deal. I understand that there are different shows tailored to different age groups, and if watching Barney will keep my little girl entertained for 30 minutes, that's an extra 30 minutes of rest I can get during the day.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2009, 02:11 PM
I have a grandchild (two actually) and have now memorized the entire Spongebob theme!!

pancho villa
01-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Southpark and King of the Hill

Ranger Mom
01-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Southpark and King of the Hill

I can't seem to get past the language in South Park to enjoy it!! There is just something about cartoons cussing that still embarrasses me to this day!!:p

pancho villa
01-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I can't seem to get past the language in South Park to enjoy it!! There is just something about cartoons cussing that still embarrasses me to this day!!:p

I didn't let my son watch until he was 16 now I watch it.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I didn't let my son watch until he was 16 now I watch it.

My husband used to rent it for the kids on video...I never would.

Our cable company added some new channels a couple of months ago, and the Comedy channel was one of them...that was the first time I had ever really seen it.

pancho villa
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
My husband used to rent it for the kids on video...I never would.

Our cable company added some new channels a couple of months ago, and the Comedy channel was one of them...that was the first time I had ever really seen it.

I hate that channel my son DVR's all the Southparks and it messes up my recordings sometimes.

Ranger Mom
01-30-2009, 02:25 PM
I hate that channel my son DVR's all the Southparks and it messes up my recordings sometimes.

I just got TIVO right before Christmas and I hate when a "season pass" interferes with something else I wanted to record.

Last year we got TIVO and high speed internet....I am finally beginning to catch up.

Funny thing though....we have had the NFL network since it came out.....little bitty rinky dink cable company and all those Time Warner customers have to do without!!! I don't get it!:)

pancho villa
01-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I just got TIVO right before Christmas and I hate when a "season pass" interferes with something else I wanted to record.

Last year we got TIVO and high speed internet....I am finally beginning to catch up.

Funny thing though....we have had the NFL network since it came out.....little bitty rinky dink cable company and all those Time Warner customers have to do without!!! I don't get it!:)

I love my DVR get to watch all them guilty pleasure shows.
Survivor, Judge Judy, Judge Alex, CSI, The Mentalist.

44INAROW
01-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I love my DVR get to watch all them guilty pleasure shows.
Survivor, Judge Judy, Judge Alex, CSI, The Mentalist.

ditto here Pancho.. that's what I call them too - my guilty pleasures.. I've been recording Judge Judy for years - she's "da bomb" Husband started watching The Mentalist and he likes it..

and in answer to the original question - I have to admit I like the "teeny bopper" shows - ' 10 Things I hate about you, What a girl wants' type shows :nerd:

Ranger Mom
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
ditto here Pancho.. that's what I call them too - my guilty pleasures.. I've been recording Judge Judy for years - she's "da bomb" Husband started watching The Mentalist and he likes it..

I have only had it barely over a month, but I have already gotten spoiled to having pause time and being able to skip over the commercials.

I almost hate to watch the TV in my room because I can't fast forward!!

Macarthur
01-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I've always thought Looney Toons were the best ever, but I have to say, I think Spongebob is the best cartoon ever.

Funny, Funny, Funny. And there's a ton of adult humor there, too. Absolute genius.

waterboy
01-30-2009, 02:38 PM
My 11-year old daughter loved the Teletubbies when she was little and my 8-year old daughter loved Barnie when she was little. I couldn't watch much of either in one sitting, but I would watch them some. Now, they both watch Spongebob Squarepants...........which I will watch, but don't really get into. They also watch some of those shows on the Disney Channel such as: "That's So Raven" and the shows with Zach and Cody, neither of which I'm fond of.

As for movies, we have a wide selection. Probably have about 50 movies that are either animated features, cartoons, or family. I usually go out and buy every new release that is of the genre. I went and bought "Open Season 2" last night, which we will watch together this weekend. We don't go to the movies.....because we have just as much fun watching them at home on the big screen with surround sound and mammoth subwoofers:2thumbsup ..........that, and it's just too much hassle.:D

pancho villa
01-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW

and in answer to the original question - I have to admit I like the "teeny bopper" shows - ' 10 Things I hate about you, What a girl wants' type shows :nerd:

My wife and I watch Judge Judy together late when nothing else is on. It makes me feel good about having a job and credit. She is one tough cookie.

Trashman
01-30-2009, 03:28 PM

:ditto: :ditto:
I spend a lot of time watching sponge bob and back at the barn yard with my girls. I am actually starting to like them.:D

Silverback 04
01-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Hanna Montana

poisoned10
02-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Phineas and Ferb, Hanna Montanah and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody are some shows that I watch quite often. I actually enjoy Phineas and Ferb a lot. Unfortunately, I have to listen to Hannah Montanah/Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers, although they have a couple of songs that really aren't that bad.

Trashman
02-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Just introduced my girls to looney tunes, and they are hooked.:D

bobcat4life
02-01-2009, 03:04 PM
Parental Control on MTV

LH Panther Mom
02-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I have a grandchild (two actually) and have now memorized the entire Spongebob theme!!
I hate to admit that lhpd knows all the words to it, also! :D :doh:

michaelp23
02-01-2009, 10:35 PM
If the TV is on during the day we usually leave it on the Noggin channel for my one year old. The embarassing thing is that I find myself watching it while he doesn't even pay any attention to it a lot of times. Let me tell you, that Pinky Dinky Doo tells some great stories! :blush:

Emerson1
02-01-2009, 10:37 PM
EV finds himself watching Hannah Montana "accidentally" all the time.

injuredinmelee
02-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Jimmy Nuetron

eagles_victory
02-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
EV finds himself watching Hannah Montana "accidentally" all the time. Im actually all about iCarly. I never watch Hannah Montana but iCarly i watch most days.

IHStangFan
02-02-2009, 12:02 AM
My 1 year old daughter loves Imagination Movers and The Mickey Mouse Club House thingy......she also really seems to get into war documentaries on the History and Discovery Channels believe it or not, LOL. Maybe it's all of the noise ...not sure.

piratebg
02-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Spongebob
Jimmy Neutron
Fairly Odd Parents
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
All things Pixar