PDA

View Full Version : Big Game tonight! #8 Silsbee @ #11 Hardin-Jefferson

AggiesAreWe
01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
This is for sole possesion of first place in 21-3A and the inside track for the district title and a first round bye. These two teams have played 7 times in the last 2 years, HJ leading 4-3. They also have met in the Region 3 final the last 2 years, with HJ winning in OT 83-79 in '07, and Silsbee winning last year, 62-50.

This will be another good one!

Bearkat
01-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Let's see, the Tigers vs the Hawks in Sour Lake. Give me the Tigers by 8.

AggiesAreWe
01-31-2009, 01:24 AM
#8 Silsbee takes down #11 Hardin-Jefferson tonight, 65-55, @ HJ.
The Tigers led by as much as 14 in the first half, then extended their lead to as much as 20 in the second half, then held on for the 10 point win. This gives Silsbee sole possesion of first in 21-3A and the inside track to the district title. Silsbee will host HJ in the next go round.

JR2004
01-31-2009, 04:22 AM
Congratulations to Silsbee. That's big to go in there and come out with a 10 point victory.

I want to pose a question to you AAW... Let's make an assumption that y'all win the district...What are some of the possibilities are far as match-ups that might materialize in the playoffs on your half of the bracket?

AggiesAreWe
01-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Congratulations to Silsbee. That's big to go in there and come out with a 10 point victory.

I want to pose a question to you AAW... Let's make an assumption that y'all win the district...What are some of the possibilities are far as match-ups that might materialize in the playoffs on your half of the bracket?

Silsbee would face the runner up of district 24-3A in the second round. That district gets a first round bye. If they win that one, they would face the third place 21-3A(WOS) or the runner up of 22-3A(Coldspring) in the third round. In the regional semis, their most likely opponents would be either Bullard, Mexia, or Lufkin Hudson.

The top half of the Region 3 bracket looks to be more difficult to get through. I believe with Silsbee getting the district championship, it should provide them with an easier route to the Regional final.