PDA

View Full Version : 1-06-03 Corey Fullbright Update

JMEN84
01-06-2003, 02:16 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that Coach Larry Smith (Everman Coach) is in my Sunday Class and we got a good update from him on Corey this past Sunday. Corey was moved Friday from San Antonio via abulance (what a long drive) and taken to Baylor Rehabilitation Hospital in Dallas. He told us that Corey was good spirits and that he was breathing on his own. He also said to coach Smith, watch this, and then shrugged his shoulders bringing tears to a grown man. He left Corey with still a great deal of concern but yet though prayers to come a whole lot of hope. Only by the grace of God will good progress continue to happen, I truley believe that.

Thanks to all, and keep on praying.
Everman Alum 1984 & Bulldog Backer :)

vet93
01-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Great! Considering the circumstances that is great news. With this type of injury...not having to need the respirator is huge. Also, being able to shrug his shoulder gives some hope for a partial recovery. We should all continue to keep Corey in our prayers!!!

Chris Hart
01-06-2003, 02:55 PM
JMEN84 that is great news! I am glad to hear that Corey is in good spirits, and is now closer to home, and his family and friends. It is amazing that he can already shrug his shoulders, I too truly believe God is answering prayer for Corey. I believe God also has some more miracles in store for Corey. I am praying that one day he will walk again, and I believe he will. But if that isn't God's will, I know he has something special for Corey. God bless you Corey.

spaniard
01-06-2003, 04:30 PM
as chris said before, God is working through the doctors hands with corey. he has been on our prayer list at church since the game, and will continue to be on it. chris said a lot of what i was going to say. take care and God Bless!!!

sinfan75
01-06-2003, 05:06 PM
That's great news.Be prayin for continued progress!

rholl
01-06-2003, 05:18 PM
Always on the lookout for good news JMEN...you make the game Friday night?

Rabbit'93
01-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Great news...Continued prayers and support. To the Burnet people here, I commend your city on your efforts for this young man. I emailed your mayor and city council and expressed my utmost respect for your fine town. May God Bless you good folks as well.

JMEN84
01-07-2003, 11:00 AM
I too would like those email address's if it's not to much trouble. They whole community of Burnet should commended. Thanks a ton....

Everman Alum 84

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-07-2003, 11:05 AM
That is great news! A partial recovery for Corey will still be considered a miracle considering the fact that doctors were thinking he was going to be a Quadrapalegic. (not sure I spelled that correctly)

Also, i'd like to go and visit Corey and maybe give him something on behalf of the Port Isabel Tarpons and it's fans (since I live in the DFW area) I'll make some calls down to Port Isabel and see if I can come up with some donations, team autographed football, or something. I will let you all know once I know for sure.

JMEN84
01-07-2003, 01:31 PM
Tarpon Fan, I think that would be very thoughtful. You know even if the financial aid begins to trickle, the moral support will I know go further than you can ever imagine. Thanks to all that have taken the time to mail a card, email a posting, or a simple little prayer. I know they will make a difference in his outlook on things.

Thanks again,
Everman Alum 84 :)

Everman01Grad.
01-07-2003, 01:59 PM
I would just like to say that i think it is great that such a competitive community could come together in support for someone they might have never met or know of.I commend everyone that comes to this website and manymore.And for the Burnet fans, u guys have been wonderful.If only there were more people in the world like ur fans.
GOD BLESS To EVERYONE

JasperDog94
01-07-2003, 04:26 PM
It's always great to hear good and promising news. Just remember, God is in control. :)

greendog fan
01-07-2003, 05:42 PM
JMEN84:
I too would like those email address's if it's not to much trouble. They whole community of Burnet should commended. Thanks a ton....

Everman Alum 84Try this , cityofburnet.com Everyone needs to come to Burnet for the fund raiser we are having on the 18th. Alot of great stuff will be auction of that nignt, For more info go to www.cityofburnet.com (http://www.cityofburnet.com)

JMEN84
01-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Thanks Greendog Fan. This will help me pass along our apppreciation to this Great Town....