PDA

View Full Version : Puppies!!!

CHS_CG
01-30-2009, 02:22 AM
So Sadie has been gaining weight and about 3 weeks ago we figured she was probably pregnant.. and we were right.. found 6 puppies under the house with her today but one had died:( so I ended up under the house, getting her and the puppies moved to the dog house in the kennel so we could check on them without having to crawl under the house.. I left for work at about 2 and between that time and 6 when my mom got home SHE HAD ANOTHER ONE! So now we had a litter of 7 with one not making it so I have 6 cute as can be puppies! Checked on them when I got home from work and all are doing well..

I have somebody to take most of them, and trying to use Taylor to convince Grandma & Pawpaw to keep one hehe, so if anybody wants a puppy, it looks like I am going to have 2 left after everything is said and done with!

Looking4number8
01-31-2009, 09:15 AM
I sure don't want one, I have way too many dogs already (I am the family dumping ground for puppies), but what kind of dogs are they. I am sure the father is full blood fence jumper!

Trashman
01-31-2009, 10:03 AM
:D

CHS_CG
02-02-2009, 10:19 AM
To answer the PM's I was getting, they are supermut lol Sadie is a collie/chow mix, and the dad is def full blooded fence jumper... I think hes some kinda of terrier.

on a sad note:( The last one she had while we were gone was the runt.. and the only male puppy. I had noticed he was more "floppy" (for a lack of a better word) than the others when we would pick him up, and last night he was really bad, so I called my parents out to the kennel and we noticed he had a cleftpallet(sp) and it didnt look like he could open his mouth very well... he wasnt getting enough milk. So of course I called the vet and she told me 9/10 dogs with this condition cant create enough suction to get milk and the little bit of milk they do get can get into their nose since their mouth is deformed.. she said we could try to get him to eat without the other puppies but that he was mostly going to need to be put down:( So I went out there to get him and Sadie and bring them up to the porch.. and he had already died. So now thats 2 puppies that didnt make it and we are down to 5 girls. The rest are doing great, and Taylor has already named one Coco.

kaorder1999
02-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I love puppies!