PDA

View Full Version : Over 80 applications received in search for new Sweetwater AD/HC

GetRDoneStangs
01-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Over 80 applications received in search for new SHS football coach
Written by Ron Howell
Thursday, 29 January 2009

Applications for the job of Sweetwater High School head football coach/AD continue to be received at the Sweetwater ISD administration office, superintendent Terry Pittman said today.
Pittman said a total of 82 written applications have been received following the resignation of Kent Jackson earlier this month. Of that total, only one is a member of the current staff.
Several of those who have submitted applica-tions have head coaching experience at the Class 4A and 5A level or have served as assistants at that level, said Pittman. Applications will be ta-ken through Friday, Feb. 6. After that date, in-terviews are planned Feb. 9-13 and again the fol-lowing week, when the finalists will be named. According to Pittman, the school board plans to name a new coach by Feb. 20. “I don’t see any reason for not sticking to that deadline,” he said.
Jackson, the head football coach and AD at Sweetwater the past eight years, left this month to accept a similar position at Frisco Heritage, where he began work Jan. 20. Jackson’s record at Sweetwater was 78-26, which included play-off appearances all eight years.
Sweetwater was 10-3 this past season when it was second to Wylie in rugged District 2-3A and advanced to the third round of the playoffs.
Brownwood, a member of the district, is ex-pected to name its new football coach at today’s meeting of the board of trustees, according to a report in the Abilene Reporter-News. Coppell coach Bob Shipley and Brady coach Glen Jones are the two finalists for the job formerly held by Steve Freeman, who resigned after a 3-7 record this past season.

Will be fun to see the updated list......

Sweetwater AD/HC (http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/132587/122/)

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Over 80 applications received in search for new SHS football coach
Written by Ron Howell
Thursday, 29 January 2009

Applications for the job of Sweetwater High School head football coach/AD continue to be received at the Sweetwater ISD administration office, superintendent Terry Pittman said today.
Pittman said a total of 82 written applications have been received following the resignation of Kent Jackson earlier this month. Of that total, only one is a member of the current staff.
Several of those who have submitted applica-tions have head coaching experience at the Class 4A and 5A level or have served as assistants at that level, said Pittman. Applications will be ta-ken through Friday, Feb. 6. After that date, in-terviews are planned Feb. 9-13 and again the fol-lowing week, when the finalists will be named. According to Pittman, the school board plans to name a new coach by Feb. 20. “I don’t see any reason for not sticking to that deadline,” he said.
Jackson, the head football coach and AD at Sweetwater the past eight years, left this month to accept a similar position at Frisco Heritage, where he began work Jan. 20. Jackson’s record at Sweetwater was 78-26, which included play-off appearances all eight years.
Sweetwater was 10-3 this past season when it was second to Wylie in rugged District 2-3A and advanced to the third round of the playoffs.
Brownwood, a member of the district, is ex-pected to name its new football coach at today’s meeting of the board of trustees, according to a report in the Abilene Reporter-News. Coppell coach Bob Shipley and Brady coach Glen Jones are the two finalists for the job formerly held by Steve Freeman, who resigned after a 3-7 record this past season.

Will be fun to see the updated list......

Sweetwater AD/HC (http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/132587/122/)

Good luck to all the Snyder coaches and poster that applied.

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Good luck to all the Snyder coaches and poster that applied.

You know the board is slow when I get absolutly no response to this

GetRDoneStangs
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
You know the board is slow when I get absolutly no response to this

They are quiet because it is now official.....

They didn't get the Brownwood job!!!!:weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

WylieBulldog92
01-30-2009, 01:21 AM
I thin-k that Swee-twater has plent-y of appl-i-c-a-n-t-s.

Sweetwater Red
01-30-2009, 12:02 PM
80 plus applicants huh?

Anyone know how to submit one of those freedom of information
act thingies?:D

If so will you send it to this address...:devil:

207 Musgrove
Attn: Superintendent
Sweetwater, Texas 79556

STANG RED
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by WylieBulldog92
I thin-k that Swee-twater has plent-y of appl-i-c-a-n-t-s.

Is this a cyber studder or what???:confused:

LH Panther Mom
01-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

BwdLions
01-30-2009, 03:41 PM
Does anyone have the updated list with the names of all applicants?

Lion_Addict
01-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Does anyone have the updated list with the names of all applicants?

1. Lion_Addict
2. Looking4#8
3. Don't matter
4. Don't matter
5. ...................
6. ...................
etc.
etc.
etc.

:D

BEAST
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Sweetwater fans,

Any word on a favorite yet? Who are the locals wanting?

BEAST

Sweetwater Red
01-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
Sweetwater fans,

Any word on a favorite yet? Who are the locals wanting?

BEAST

Coach Barnes was the guy Sweetwater hired as the OC before
the start of last season. He's currently the interim AD/HC. He's
applied for the job and I've heard the kids really like playing for
him. If that's the case that's who I'd like to have. Somebody the
kids like playing for...now there's a qualification that you can't
find on a resume.:thinking:

Looking4number8
01-30-2009, 05:14 PM
80 plus applicants huh?

Sad to think that there are 80 grown men in Texas that think Sweetwater is a "move up"... and I thought my life sucked>>> :eek: :eek:

nobogey72
01-30-2009, 05:22 PM
I heard that Black_Magic applied, and also Brad McCoy. :D :D

Does anyone know who all KJ is taking to Frisco with him???

Sweetwater Red
01-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
Sad to think that there are 80 grown men in Texas that think Sweetwater is a "move up"... and I thought my life sucked>>> :eek: :eek:

If I had the time, I would look up your many posts that talk about
what a great place Sweetwater is and how we really support or
team. You noticed this when you used to have business in Sweetwater. :devil:

Btw, do you know where I can find...as you called them..."bottle caps"?:thinking:

Looking4number8
01-30-2009, 05:47 PM
If I had the time, I would look up your many posts that talk about
what a great place Sweetwater is and how we really support or
team. You noticed this when you used to have business in Sweetwater. :devil:

Btw, do you know where I can find...as you called them..."bottle caps"?:thinking:

Are you talking about the breaded sliced Jal, you got at Hooters. My company carries them and we have a sales rep that does pretty good business in Sweetwater. If you have any buddies that own or manage a restaurant (that buys from PFG), ask them to get you a case. Only problem is if you have to buy a full caes it is 6 - 2 1/2 lb bags. It should run you around $50. You might get a friend to split a case with you. If you come to Bwd, I have a friend that will sell you just one bag... Just let me know

Sweetwater Red
01-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Are you talking about the breaded sliced Jal, you got at Hooters. My company carries them and we have a sales rep that does pretty good business in Sweetwater. If you have any buddies that own or manage a restaurant (that buys from PFG), ask them to get you a case. Only problem is if you have to buy a full caes it is 6 - 2 1/2 lb bags. It should run you around $50. You might get a friend to split a case with you. If you come to Bwd, I have a friend that will sell you just one bag... Just let me know

Will do. Thanks.

Stownhorse
01-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Coach Barnes was the guy Sweetwater hired as the OC before
the start of last season. He's currently the interim AD/HC. He's
applied for the job and I've heard the kids really like playing for
him. If that's the case that's who I'd like to have. Somebody the
kids like playing for...now there's a qualification that you can't
find on a resume.:thinking:

True but any of the successful coaches on the list will be liked by the kids. I cant imagine a coach being successful but the kids hate him....

Phantom Stang
01-30-2009, 10:44 PM
80 plus applicants huh?

If so will you send it to this address...:devil:

207 Musgrove
Attn: Superintendent
Sweetwater, Texas 79556
It's a damn shame when a man can't apply for a job to better himself, without the whole world having to know about it!!:mad:
But on the other hand...

Inquiring minds DO want to know, so please post a list as soon as you find one and I promise I will do the same!:devil:

Stangster
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM

It does.

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2009, 01:52 PM

A little bird told me the list is up to 97 grown men with the dead
line being noon tomorrow.

How many applied for the Brownwood job again?:thinking: :D

kepdawg
02-05-2009, 01:54 PM
A little bird told me the list is up to 97 grown men with the dead
line being noon tomorrow.

How many applied for the Brownwood job again?:thinking: :D

A lot more people think they have a shot at a lower level job like Sweetwater. ;)

kaorder1999
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
believe me...there are far more than 97 coaches out there that would love to have this job!

RedWhiteBlue
02-05-2009, 01:58 PM
I don't mean this as a slam- really I don't... but, I do hope Sweetwater goes up on their pay for the person that gets this job!!!:D

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
A lot more people think they have a shot at a lower level job like Sweetwater. ;)

:tongue: ;)

kepdawg
02-05-2009, 02:09 PM
:tongue: ;)

We both know I'm joking. There are only 2-3 dozens jobs I would want ahead of Sweetwater statewide.

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2009, 02:24 PM
We both know I'm joking. There are only 2-3 dozens jobs I would want ahead of Sweetwater statewide.

2 or 3 dozens 5A/4A jobs?:thinking: :D

kepdawg
02-05-2009, 02:26 PM
2 or 3 dozens 5A/4A jobs?:thinking: :D

All classes. The 2-3 dozen number was just a guess. It might need to be a little higher.

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2009, 02:41 PM
All classes. The 2-3 dozen number was just a guess. It might need to be a little higher.

But, have you not heard about us getting new concession stands
and restrooms before the start of next season?:confused:

kepdawg
02-05-2009, 02:53 PM
But, have you not heard about us getting new concession stands
and restrooms before the start of next season?:confused:

Haha! Your stadium is not the way you want to sell your program to me!

Sweetwater Red
02-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Haha! Your stadium is not the way you want to sell your program to me!

Full time secretary and no assigned classes to teach???:thinking:

ccraker
02-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Lots and lots of names.

I know of one coach who will interview, but I was told off the record and haven't been able to get it confirmed yet. So, I will keep that to myself.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/coach_3352___article.html/head_assistant.html

GetRDoneStangs
02-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ccraker
Lots and lots of names.

I know of one coach who will interview, but I was told off the record and haven't been able to get it confirmed yet. So, I will keep that to myself.

http://varsity.oaoa.com/articles/coach_3352___article.html/head_assistant.html

That is a lot of names indeed......could be some "others" that did not "apply"....???:thinking: :thinking: .....

Not saying I know anything, but that does keep it from being public.....I bet we will get a good one!!

The article did mention that they could not reach SISD Supt. Mr. Terry Pittman.....he has had a busy week

Taking calls and internet request on the job......

Awarding the $1 million upgrade to Mustang Bowl........

And not making the news....his father passed away this week and he will be buried on Saturday.

My prayers out to the Pittman family.

STANG RED
02-06-2009, 10:16 PM
I noticed Patrick Goodman on the list. I wonder if he is the same Patrick Goodman that play for the Mustangs back in the early 80s? In fact there were several of those Goodman boys that played in the 80s. All were very good athletes and good kids, if memory serves.

Sweetwater Red
02-07-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I noticed Patrick Goodman on the list. I wonder if he is the same Patrick Goodman that play for the Mustangs back in the early 80s? In fact there were several of those Goodman boys that played in the 80s. All were very good athletes and good kids, if memory serves.

Yes, it is THAT Patrick Goodman. I heard he has been coaching in the
Metroplex(???).

WTF-82
02-08-2009, 01:23 AM
I noticed that 3 former Loboes applied for this job. Hanna,Roark and Cherry all were former Loboes. Hanna is the son of Larry Hanna who took Iraan to a state tiltle win and Loboes to a state semifinal. Cherry is a great one also applied for the Central job and was a finalist, a relative of his told me he would like to get back closer to home west texas he is coaching down south.

cr180t
02-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Is the Bryant the head coach at Canyon?

Phantom Stang
02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by cr180t
Is the Bryant the head coach at Canyon?
That's what I'm guessing But remember that I'm not at all close to this situation, and have no way of knowing for sure.

cr180t
02-08-2009, 02:32 PM
That is what I thought as well