PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley and LaGrange

alanclay37
12-02-2001, 07:35 PM
Toughest game of the year for Wimberley, Im not talking trash but LaGrange needs to respect Wimberley, dont take them lightly.

papasmurf
12-02-2001, 07:52 PM
ive never seen any of this teams play but i think it will be a good match up this week. It will be close.

Good luck to both teams.

marion_man
12-03-2001, 09:58 AM
both these teams suck!

Gobbla2001
12-03-2001, 10:41 AM
I made a comment earlier, marion_man, that stated that we finally had a respectable Marion person on the board, referring to you, but I'm sorry, I must change my mind... I appologize for my stupidity...

The Number One Rule for a fan or player who posts on a message board:

AFTER your team is BLOWN out of the playoffs, never say the team that did it SUCKS, because it makes your team look even WORSE!!!

marion_man
12-03-2001, 11:12 AM
i apologize for my ignorance. i was just upset on how our season ended. props to Wimberley and LaGrange on their postseason run

Gobbla2001
12-03-2001, 11:29 AM
Oh, I see, well okay, I guess you're cool again....

TEXANS
12-03-2001, 11:46 AM
The Texans will have their hands full against La Grange this Sat.,6:00pm at the Alamodome!
If we come to play and not be awed by the dome and the Leopards playoff record(0 points allowed in 3 games)we can compete with them!Our defense is playing great ball and if we come out strong and gain some confidence on offense,we may even win!
Good luck Texans!!All the way to state!

marion_man
12-04-2001, 11:11 AM
Wimberley's defense is very solid. They flow to the ball well and punish ball carriers. The only problem is that I don't think they have enough weapons on offense to counter LaGrange's defense. I saw the Leopards play LaVernia in the Dome and they were straight swarmin to the ball. LaGrange by 14

toby070
12-04-2001, 11:57 AM
That may be a fair evaluation, Marion-man, but Mikey threw pretty well against Yoakum. Wimberely's receivers have improved, and they really do a good job of sneaking backs out too. They would rather run, and haven't thrown the ball a whole lot, but I think they throw a lot better than folks give them credit for. We'll find out, because I agree that they'll have a tough time scoring without throwing well.

Trainer_Chick
12-04-2001, 05:57 PM
Any predictions for the score of this game?

MCAT
12-04-2001, 06:49 PM
lagrange, 24 to 7?

gdornon11
12-04-2001, 07:22 PM
did anyone watch the bellville vs. la grange game? la grange cant handle big running backs. and their defense let up 31 points and plenty of yards. i wish bellville would have had the same playoff schedule as la grange. go wimberly and sinton

toby070
12-04-2001, 08:46 PM
I've never seen Mathis play, but by looking at Texas Football #'s, it looks like Collavo and Slaughter are very similar backs. Collavo ran for 80 something yards on 9 carries, pretty good average, but I don't know if he wassteady, or if he broke one good run that padded the stats. Looked by the number of carries that maybe they had to quit running him because turnovers gave LaGrange an early lead.

This one makes me nervous, but if Wimberley plays a perfect game, no turnovers, I could see them winning a 17-14 type of game. Can't wait until Saturday!!!!!

MCAT
12-04-2001, 11:25 PM
gdornon, yall would have been fine had your offense had more than 3 plays. (1)pass to harris (2)up the middle (3) pitch to harris. I think play calling hurt yall, along with turnovers.
Defensively, besides ruiz(sp), i think the qb hurt yall the most, i dont think yall saw a qb like that this year, with Tye Gunn, Jason Carter and the rest of the great qb's that district had last year being gone. But i dont think the defense was to blame for the game. And thats what i thought before that game.

[This message has been edited by MCAT (edited December 04, 2001).]

alanclay37
12-05-2001, 12:07 AM
After seeing LaGrange play, they dont have the speed that Wimberley does. They have 4 very quick backs but not very good break away speed. Also their defence isnt all that fast either. If they give SLaughter or Meeks just the smallest seem, there isnt one kid on there D. that can catch them. LaGrange has keep the BIG plays to a minimum. It is going to be tough for Wimberley but I know these kids and they have alot of fight in them and they will not lay down just because it is LaGrange.

LG
12-05-2001, 08:12 PM
You have no idea what your talking about. La Grange has plenty of speed on defense. They have some of the best defensive backs in the state. #3 can run anyone down. Like last year in the state championship game against Forney when DeBryan Blanton thought he was gone #3 ran him down from all the way across the field and left everyone on Forney's side suprised. La Grange may have not played good earlier in the year but now they are peeking. They have 3 shutouts in 3 playoff games. Now I know those teams weren't that good, but anyone who can acclompish that feat deserves recognition. Now I no wimberley is good and you have to be to get this far into the playoffs, but two guys can't win anyone the ball game as you get closer to the championship escpecially against a team as talented as La Grange and with the return of at least one of the starting tackles if not both of them La Grange will be back in full strength for the first time in the playoffs and be playing better than ever. But I'm not going to leave Wimberley out of the picture you never know what could happen. But everything is pointing to La Grange right now. Good Luck to both teams.
Prediction: La Grange 28 Wimberley 7 (they will be the first team to score on La Grange in the playoffs this year.) GO LEPS.

oldbuff78
12-05-2001, 08:18 PM
REGION 4 IS SO WEAK!!!!
WAIT TILL YOU TAKE ON THE REGION 3 CHAMP!!
LG HAS NO OFF. THAT WILL HURT THEM.

zztop
12-06-2001, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by oldbuff78:
REGION 4 IS SO WEAK!!!!
WAIT TILL YOU TAKE ON THE REGION 3 CHAMP!!
LG HAS NO OFF. THAT WILL HURT THEM.

Yawn!!!!

No offense??? hmm, let's see. something like 58,47, & 28 points in 3 playoff games for LaGrange. You're right, no offense.

And let's not forget defense wins championships: 0, 0, & 0 points given up in 3 playoff games.

[This message has been edited by zztop (edited December 06, 2001).]

J.E.C.-MP
12-06-2001, 09:30 AM
Collavo broke free one time down the middle and I believe was a 40+ yard run (Next play was a turnover. By the way Mathis turned the ball over 3 times in the first half. Twice inside La Grange's 25 and were still able to hold a 14-0 at halftime. I believe in total Mathis turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. Not taking away anything from La Grange. They played a darn good game. The game would have been close if Mathis would have scored once. La Grange's defense is good. You can't turn over the ball and expect to beat them. If Wimberley can play good early without any turnovers, they can beat La Grange.
Originally posted by toby070:
I've never seen Mathis play, but by looking at Texas Football #'s, it looks like Collavo and Slaughter are very similar backs. Collavo ran for 80 something yards on 9 carries, pretty good average, but I don't know if he wassteady, or if he broke one good run that padded the stats. Looked by the number of carries that maybe they had to quit running him because turnovers gave LaGrange an early lead.

This one makes me nervous, but if Wimberley plays a perfect game, no turnovers, I could see them winning a 17-14 type of game. Can't wait until Saturday!!!!!

[This message has been edited by J.E.C.-MP (edited December 06, 2001).]

zztop
12-06-2001, 10:13 AM
It just goes to show you that a team can win or die because of turnovers. Just ask Simms.

toby070
12-06-2001, 12:29 PM
JEC, I agree the start could be key. I'm guessing LaGrange is feeling pretty invincible right now, and rightly so, since they haven't given up ANY points so far in the playoffs. I wonder if an early Wimberley TD might plant a little doubt in them? Not saying it will, but I wonder.

Trainer_Chick
12-06-2001, 01:10 PM
Does playing in the Alamodome for the umpteenth time this year help LaGrange any over Wimberley?

zztop
12-06-2001, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by toby070:
JEC, I agree the start could be key. I'm guessing LaGrange is feeling pretty invincible right now, and rightly so, since they haven't given up ANY points so far in the playoffs. I wonder if an early Wimberley TD might plant a little doubt in them? Not saying it will, but I wonder.

I wouldnt say LG feels invincible. We have been the underdogs in all but the first playoff game. It's about peaking at the right time.
zz

zztop
12-06-2001, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Trainer_Chick:
Does playing in the Alamodome for the umpteenth time this year help LaGrange any over Wimberley?

We (LG) were thinking that last year when we played Forney at Texas Stadium for the championship game. Forney had played their qtr and semi finals there and LG won. It goes to show that whoever comes out to play that day will win the ball game.
I still can't believe Forney lost already though...considering their returning starters from last year.
zz

Husker98
12-06-2001, 04:26 PM
Forney would still be playing in D1 if they wouldn't have met up with Everman. Too bad those two couldn't meet in the state game.