PDA

View Full Version : District 2 3A Basketball!

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Big game tonight when Graham visits the Wylie Bulldogs especially for the boys. The team who wins tonight will have the inside edge on placing first in the district and recieving the first round bye. It's always nice to get the bye but this year it would be huge, because of the ranked teams in region 1 and the way the bracket will set up if you finish second the path to the regional tournament is an absolute gaunlet! It almost looks like finishing third would be better than finishing second. These two teams always play each other tough and tonight should be no different. I'm sure the Brownwood fans will have an interest on who wins tonight. Right now it looks like a three team fight for the title, but the winner of tonights game will have an edge going into the second half of district play.

RedWhiteBlue
01-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Go Steers!!!:clap: :cheerl:

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Go Steers!!!:clap: :cheerl: Do you guys have Junior High games also tonight. Just wandering because it could affect the crowd. I think the Wylie Jr. High has games also.

RedWhiteBlue
01-29-2009, 12:17 PM
No. No word yet on when the JH will make up their games from Monday. Make sure you attend the freshman boy's game... I hear that #24 is a 'hoss'!!:D

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 12:30 PM
No. No word yet on when the JH will make up their games from Monday. Make sure you attend the freshman boy's game... I hear that #24 is a 'hoss'!!:D What time does it start?

RedWhiteBlue
01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
What time does it start?
6:00 pm.

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 12:38 PM
6:00 pm. Well seeing as my daughter will being cheering at that game, I will probably make an appearance:D

Looking4number8
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Big game tonight when Graham visits the Wylie Bulldogs especially for the boys. The team who wins tonight will have the inside edge on placing first in the district and recieving the first round bye. It's always nice to get the bye but this year it would be huge, because of the ranked teams in region 1 and the way the bracket will set up if you finish second the path to the regional tournament is an absolute gaunlet! It almost looks like finishing third would be better than finishing second. These two teams always play each other tough and tonight should be no different. I'm sure the Brownwood fans will have an interest on who wins tonight. Right now it looks like a three team fight for the title, but the winner of tonights game will have an edge going into the second half of district play.

I think all three teams will have a shot at first. Wylie has already beat Brownwood and Brownwood has already beat Graham. Graham needs to win this to stay close. If Graham is able to pull out the win, it would make for a 3 way tie for first (as long as Bwd takes care of business with Sweetwater tonight).

Wylie definitely seems to be the team to beat but we will see how things all work out. Gonna be a race that is worth watching!

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I think all three teams will have a shot at first. Wylie has already beat Brownwood and Brownwood has already beat Graham. Graham needs to win this to stay close. If Graham is able to pull out the win, it would make for a 3 way tie for first (as long as Bwd takes care of business with Sweetwater tonight).

Wylie definitely seems to be the team to beat but we will see how things all work out. Gonna be a race that is worth watching! Taking care of business at home is the key. Wylie beat Brownwood @ Wylie and they have Graham at home tonight. They have to travel to both Graham and Brownwood the second half. Your right though, this should go right down to the end.

TinyTim
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
This will be a good game and unfortunately the Wylie Sports Broadcast on the Wylie Home page will not begin until tomorrow night's game. All games will be broadcast live on the web after tonight.

So I'm told.

TinyTim
01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Prediction:

Wylie 63
Graham 46

RedWhiteBlue
01-29-2009, 01:53 PM
Well seeing as my daughter will being cheering at that game, I will probably make an appearance:D
Ohhh noooo, can't have any cutesy girls in short skirts while our boys are trying to concentrate!!!!!:eek:

Texasfootball2
01-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Ohhh noooo, can't have any cutesy girls in short skirts while our boys are trying to concentrate!!!!!:eek: Oh we shall:D Thats just part of the 'ole home court advantage here at Wylie!:)

WHS02
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Wylie Girls won 62 to 31 or something along those lines
Wylie Boys are up 53-27 with a minute left in the third

GO DAWGS!!!

IHStangFan
01-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
Wylie Girls won 62 to 31 or something along those lines
Wylie Boys are up 53-27 with a minute left in the third

GO DAWGS!!! wow...pretty convincing showings. What does this district look like top to bottom? Leaders? etc.

WHS02
01-29-2009, 09:43 PM
as for the girls it looks like wylie will win district with ease. with probably breckenridge and graham girls going at it for 2nd

as for the boys i being from wylie say we will win district but i was at the game when we played brownwood and they are very good. we just had some stuff go our way towards the end and we were at home. when we go to brownwood we hopefully can pull it out. GO DAWGS!!!

IHStangFan
01-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by WHS02
as for the girls it looks like wylie will win district with ease. with probably breckenridge and graham girls going at it for 2nd

as for the boys i being from wylie say we will win district but i was at the game when we played brownwood and they are very good. we just had some stuff go our way towards the end and we were at home. when we go to brownwood we hopefully can pull it out. GO DAWGS!!! thanks for the info. :) I always like to hear how other districts and teams are shaping up and panning out.

WHS02
01-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Wylie boys won 66-42

TinyTim
01-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by TinyTim
Prediction:

Wylie 63
Graham 46

Final Score Last Night:

Wylie

TinyTim
01-30-2009, 09:39 AM
Final Score Last Night:

Wylie

Wylie 62

Graham 44

That's pretty good. But I been watchin these guys a long time and it is easy to predict what they can do.

Snydertigersrul
03-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Wylie 62

Graham 44

That's pretty good. But I been watchin these guys a long time and it is easy to predict what they can do.

BUT WHICH TEAM IS STILL PLAYING?

:D