PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Practice times

jockcity33
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
How many schools out there have to wait until track practice is over before baseball practice can start everyday?

What time does baseball practice usually start?

Dieselsmoke
01-29-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by jockcity33
How many schools out there have to wait until track practice is over before baseball practice can start everyday?

What time does baseball practice usually start?
Baseball practice with the coaches starts tomorrow statewide. Now they can only "practice" during their athletic period. Friday our school will practice after school until dark.

jockcity33
01-29-2009, 11:28 AM
yes I know when practice can start as far as after school practice goes. I am asking once the season gets going what time do you get to start practice?

Rocket Dad
01-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Our boys start at the same time as track- 4:00, if a player does both, he goes to track on Wednesdays, baseball practice the other days. I think there are 6 or 7 that do both baseball and track.

pancho villa
01-29-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't want any standaround wimps on my track team.

GreenMonster
01-29-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I don't want any standaround wimps on my track team. In direct contrast, I insist that all of the underclassmen on my baseball team run track. Track builds athletes. If I'm serious about winning then I need athletes, therefore they run. See Pancho, it is very easy for track and baseball to co-exist. I even wait for track to end so those coaches can go on home before I start practice.

pancho villa
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
In direct contrast, I insist that all of the underclassmen on my baseball team run track. Track builds athletes. If I'm serious about winning then I need athletes, therefore they run. See Pancho, it is very easy for track and baseball to co-exist. I even wait for track to end so those coaches can go on home before I start practice.

You are the man. Except our standaround team has no athletes.

Electus Unus
01-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Some schools make it where they practice track for about an hour then go to baseball practice shortly after.

jockcity33
01-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
In direct contrast, I insist that all of the underclassmen on my baseball team run track. Track builds athletes. If I'm serious about winning then I need athletes, therefore they run. See Pancho, it is very easy for track and baseball to co-exist. I even wait for track to end so those coaches can go on home before I start practice.

That is the same for my team, except I encourage all of my baseball players to run track even the Sr.'s. If they chose not to run track then while the track team is running the baseball players that do not run track are running on the baseball field, or sometimes I send them on a road trip that is about 2.5 miles.

pancho villa
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by jockcity33
That is the same for my team, except I encourage all of my baseball players to run track even the Sr.'s. If they chose not to run track then while the track team is running the baseball players that do not run track are running on the baseball field, or sometimes I send them on a road trip that is about 2.5 miles.

We don't want those NA's on our team!

Daddy D 11
01-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
Some schools make it where they practice track for about an hour then go to baseball practice shortly after.

That's what LH does.

c-town_balla
01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Cameron as well

cookiemonster
01-29-2009, 03:32 PM
The two things that have to be there if you are going to have a great program are speed and power. So all sports need to ensure that those things are accomplished even if it takes some time from their particular activity.