PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Mail

ILS1
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Who has it? I've had it forever!! I have loved it for it's fast,easy and reliable use. It has been my primary web based e-mail choice now for about 10 years. But the past 6 months I have been totally frustrated with it. It takes an eon to load now. Trying to compose or reply to an e-mail it more than like locks or the page crashes on me. I know alot of you are gonna say it's my computer. But I have no issues with other web base e-mails like Hotmail or AOL. Is it just me or does anyone else been having this same problem? I'm really considering using another one of mine other web based e-mail accounts!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
It's very rare that I have a problem with yahoo mail. It's not your computer - it's you. :p

ILS1
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's very rare that I have a problem with yahoo mail. It's not your computer - it's you. :p

Dang it, I would've NEVER figured it was me?? How's it going Deb?

:D :D :D

Old Green
01-29-2009, 09:13 AM
I've had Yahoo mail for about 10 years now. No problems.

Farmersfan
01-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ILS1
Who has it? I've had it forever!! I have loved it for it's fast,easy and reliable use. It has been my primary web based e-mail choice now for about 10 years. But the past 6 months I have been totally frustrated with it. It takes an eon to load now. Trying to compose or reply to an e-mail it more than like locks or the page crashes on me. I know alot of you are gonna say it's my computer. But I have no issues with other web base e-mails like Hotmail or AOL. Is it just me or does anyone else been having this same problem? I'm really considering using another one of mine other web based e-mail accounts!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I used Yahoo mail for a long, long time also and just recently switched to Outlook. Sooooooooo much better.

jason
01-29-2009, 09:21 AM
try getting into your account on a different computer other than your own - if it works fine then you know its your computer...if it crashes then its your account...

they teach that in pc troubleshooting 101.......

ILS1
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by jason
try getting into your account on a different computer other than your own - if it works fine then you know its your computer...if it crashes then its your account...

they teach that in pc troubleshooting 101.......

I just realized and tried something. They have Yahoo Classic and the New Yahoo mail. I currently have the New Yahoo mail which I downloaded a few months back. I switched back to the Yahoo Classic and low and behold, it worked like a charm!! Not sure if the New Yahoo is a beta program or not? It has alot more features than Classic but it's not as fast in loading. Jason, since you seem to be the PC guru. If I found out it was my computer, what would you have recommended??

Farmersfan
01-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I just realized and tried something. They have Yahoo Classic and the New Yahoo mail. I currently have the New Yahoo mail which I downloaded a few months back. I switched back to the Yahoo Classic and low and behold, it worked like a charm!! Not sure if the New Yahoo is a beta program or not? It has alot more features than Classic but it's not as fast in loading. Jason, since you seem to be the PC guru. If I found out it was my computer, what would you have recommended??

BOAT ANCHOR!!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
01-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Dang it, I would've NEVER figured it was me?? How's it going Deb?

Going good! (Other than job search...have I mentioned I HATE looking for jobs? :( )

ILS1
01-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Going good! (Other than job search...have I mentioned I HATE looking for jobs? :( )

You too!!! I didn't know you were looking as well!!! Dang, sorry to hear that!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

jason
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Jason, since you seem to be the PC guru. If I found out it was my computer, what would you have recommended??

:D :D :D sending it to me to fix for $35/hour w/ 3 hour minimum.....

ILS1
01-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by jason
sending it to me to fix for $35/hour w/ 3 hour minimum.....

It would've taken you 3 hours!!! It took me 10 minutes to figure it out!!!

:D :D :D :D

jason
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
It would've taken you 3 hours!!! It took me 10 minutes to figure it out!!!

:D :D :D :D

it might have only taken me 10 minutes too - but i would still charge for 3 hours...