3. Texarkana Liberty Eylau
4. Burkburnett
5. Andrews
6. La Vernia
7. Longview Spring Hill
8. Robinson
9. Celina
10. Levelland

Comments: Lots of talent and lots of very good teams but until Huntington gets taken down, they are on top. Needville has a well balanced team while TLE swings the bat and both Burkburnett and Andrews boast strong defenses. The next five are pick-em and any one could win it all.

LINK (http://www.austintgca.com/softball/polls.html)

pirate4state
01-28-2009, 04:15 PM
La Vernia returns a strong pitcher and some offense.

Hey - IHStangFan you need to investigate Needville for me. I'm thinking this group of girls are seniors & juniors. I wanna say they beat Sinton (LL) the summer before they were all freshman. :thinking:

Can't wait! :D

Reds fan
01-28-2009, 04:48 PM
Needville returns almost their entire cast from last years deep playoff run. They are a quick, speedy bunch that will drive all but the best defenses crazy. Needville pitcher is small in stature but big in heart and keeps batters off balance with a variety of offspeed pitches and great location. Look for them to make another strong run in the playoffs.

Good luck to all the young ladies, hope all have a great year and a safe one!

Phil C
01-28-2009, 05:45 PM
I like softball.

I. B. Watching
01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Who else should field strong teams?

trojan37
01-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm hoping West will be back in the swing of things this year. The majority of the girls from our state semi team from 2 years ago is still together. They were just freshmen and sophomores then. Hopefully they turn it up a notch this year and travel back to Austin.

Reds fan
01-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching

La Grange should be strong again along with Splendora, Bridge City, Sinton.....

pirate4state
01-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching

With the additions/changes to dist 25 & 26, region IV just got a little tougher.

You've got Bellville who always has strong pitching & offense. Giddings who the past few years has had bad draws in always tough Region III. La Grange who is 4 years (??) removed from winning state. West Columbia who is 3 years removed from winning state, but without Cami Newsome. Needville who is my early favorite for region IV winner and Sweeny, Wharton & Sealy who have all enjoyed playoff success.

Then you mix in all the usual suspects from region IV: Sinton ( :inlove: ), Marion, La Vernia, Yoakum, Cuero, Devine & Raymondville.

Gonna be lots of fun!! :cheerl: ;)

KngKongInDTrunk
01-29-2009, 11:23 AM
Anyone got any info on robinson?

eagles_victory
01-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
La Grange should be strong again along with Splendora, Bridge City, Sinton..... I heard Sintons all everything superstar wasnt playing so scratch them off the list. :D :doh:

Phil C
01-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I heard Sintons all everything superstar wasnt playing so scratch them off the list. :D :doh:

I wonder who eagles means.

pirate4state
01-29-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder who eagles means.
We have so many superstars, but the one he is talking about didn't play last year either and it didn't really change anything.

He has had a crush on one of our softball girls for the past 3 years.

IHStangFan
01-29-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
La Vernia returns a strong pitcher and some offense.

Hey - IHStangFan you need to investigate Needville for me. I'm thinking this group of girls are seniors & juniors. I wanna say they beat Sinton (LL) the summer before they were all freshman. :thinking:

Can't wait! :D I'll see what I can find out....my neighbor's daughters all played, think he's got one left in HS. I'm kinda curious myself...may check them out if I'm still around when the season starts.

Reds fan
01-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
With the additions/changes to dist 25 & 26, region IV just got a little tougher.

You've got Bellville who always has strong pitching & offense. Giddings who the past few years has had bad draws in always tough Region III. La Grange who is 4 years (??) removed from winning state. West Columbia who is 3 years removed from winning state, but without Cami Newsome. Needville who is my early favorite for region IV winner and Sweeny, Wharton & Sealy who have all enjoyed playoff success.

Then you mix in all the usual suspects from region IV: Sinton ( :inlove: ), Marion, La Vernia, Yoakum, Cuero, Devine & Raymondville.

Gonna be lots of fun!! :cheerl: ;)

Yes, it sure should be a lot of fun!

In D25, 5 teams will battle for the 3 playoff spots. La Grange brings the most to the table, not losing much to graduation at all. LG has good pitching, defense and offense. Giddings did lose some to graduation but return a solid core of players. Columbus brings a lot of defense to the field and Sealy brings a lot of offense. Smithville improves each year but is probably another year or so from the playoffs. Bellville still has the best pitching but needs some help from freshman and sophomore classes to pick up the offense.

In D26, Needville should have no problem nailing down the one seed. West Columbia, Wharton and Sweeny should battle it out for the other two spots. Pitching is the big question for Columbia as Sweeny is solid in the circle and Wharton always plays tough.