PDA

View Full Version : taxes

jason
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
how many of you do your own taxes?

i did mine on my own last year using the free online turbo tax - its amazing how much you learn about the process using their software...

i had a much better grasp in 2008 as to what documentation i need to keep in order to write off deductions and thanks to doing it myself last year and since i kept all those receipts, i will probably get a lot more back than i normally would....

pirate4state
01-28-2009, 02:52 PM
i asked this last week sometime. i had a fancy poll included :p

i've done my own taxes & other people's taxes for a few years now.

it isn't really hard to do. it has helped having to file taxes for one estate here at work. now that one is a headache, but overall it is pretty simple, IMO. :nerd:

Emerson1
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
I don't!

44INAROW
01-28-2009, 02:58 PM
we'll pay "our guy" as we have for as long as I can remember - it's worth the fee to me ;)

I_Do_Care
01-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by jason
how many of you do your own taxes?

i did mine on my own last year using the free online turbo tax - its amazing how much you learn about the process using their software...

i had a much better grasp in 2008 as to what documentation i need to keep in order to write off deductions and thanks to doing it myself last year and since i kept all those receipts, i will probably get a lot more back than i normally would.... i used turbo tax too, easy and painless

crzyjournalist03
01-28-2009, 03:05 PM
I did my own up until this year. Since my wife is now self-employed, I don't want to mess with all of the stuff that goes into that with calculating work space, figuring out how much she needs to pay, etc. I could probably still do it myself, but I'd rather have someone who knows laws inside and out find us whatever discounts he can.