PDA

View Full Version : STAggie

Johnny Utah
01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Sounds like the rematch will not include any fans. Sorry to hear. Hope the players on both sides and coaches are okay.

STAggie
01-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Sounds like the rematch will not include any fans. Sorry to hear. Hope the players on both sides and coaches are okay.

Really? Confirmed? It is a horrible incident and glad my wife made me leave and we didn't stay around to talk to the players afterward. Not to knock on Giddings but they were some of the worst fans we have seen all year. Constantly talking and yelling at not only our players but our coaches and fans.

Johnny Utah
01-28-2009, 11:21 AM
I was just stating an opinion if it did occur, that would be the next step when both teams play again.

STAggie
01-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I truely hope not, but I know it would be the smartest move for the UIL to make if the rumors are true about last night.

BreckTxLonghorn
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Whoa what happened?

STAggie
01-28-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Whoa what happened?

To give you all I know right now. I am not sure how true any of this is as it was all told to me second hand but apperently a fight broke out after the Sealy-Giddings basketball game last night as the Sealy players were making their way to the bus to go home. As the Sealy coach was trying to break up said fight he was maced (not sure if accidentally or purposfully). Also, heard several Sealy players where then chased and threatened by police officers. Like I siad though, take all that with a grain of salt as I have had no actual confirmation what happened just that an incident did occur.

buff4life
01-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
To give you all I know right now. I am not sure how true any of this is as it was all told to me second hand but apperently a fight broke out after the Sealy-Giddings basketball game last night as the Sealy players were making their way to the bus to go home. As the Sealy coach was trying to break up said fight he was maced (not sure if accidentally or purposfully). Also, heard several Sealy players where then chased and threatened by police officers. Like I siad though, take all that with a grain of salt as I have had no actual confirmation what happened just that an incident did occur.

i got a story from a couple good sources (adults) who witnessed it...the same two players that got into a scuffle after the football game got into a fight after the game, the rumor about Giddings people waiting for them is false, there was a direct route to the Sealy bus from the gym and the fight happened a distance away from that...the Sealy players that had gone to the bus freshmen, jv and varsity came running back to the fight throwing rocks from the parking lot, although i'm sure it probably wasn't unprovoked, but the Sealy coaches and Giddings administrators were trying to calm the fight down but couldn't and the officers were forced to use the pepper spray before a riot was started and people and property got hurt...both sides were at fault maybe one more than other but it was an unfortunate incident

STAggie
01-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
i got a story from a couple good sources (adults) who witnessed it...the same two players that got into a scuffle after the football game got into a fight after the game, the rumor about Giddings people waiting for them is false, there was a direct route to the Sealy bus from the gym and the fight happened a distance away from that...the Sealy players that had gone to the bus freshmen, jv and varsity came running back to the fight throwing rocks from the parking lot, although i'm sure it probably wasn't unprovoked, but the Sealy coaches and Giddings administrators were trying to calm the fight down but couldn't and the officers were forced to use the pepper spray before a riot was started and people and property got hurt...both sides were at fault maybe one more than other but it was an unfortunate incident

Thanks for the update as all I have gotten was a couple second hand sources. The only comment about people waiting was something I noticed as I left the gym that several student were waiting around the exit. As far as a direct route I am not to sure about that. From where I was it looked like the bus was around the corner and little ways and it was kinda dark out in the parking lot area. Not trying to start trouble but just stating some observations I made to the wife last night after the game. As far as running back by Sealy players, I don't blame them. When you are on the road you are a family and have to look out for your own. Not condoning the rock throwing or fighting but if I knew a teammate was in a fight I would go and first make sure he wasn't being jumped and second to try and break it up and this goes double if we are in a town where we have had problems before.

With all that being said this is a very sad and unforunate event. I am hoping it is not one that causes any more problems and it can all be resolved in a manor that doesn't leed to more of the same stupid acts of violence.

957tiger
02-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Once again certain....overly aggressive player(s) are allowed to particpate even when it's well know that it's not if, it's when they will blow up. Some of the players have a history of being good athletes, but quick to fight and still get the coaches blessings. I would be willing to bet the player who is always in the middle of the fight, is the same person in trouble away from school. The problem at the football game was smack talking that got out of hand. A certain player ripped off his shirt and had to be restrained by several coaches and guess what?..yep back on the field for the next game. I heard he was involved again during the brawl in Giddings. I heard he was kicked off the team. Will he be back in time for the track season?

Johnny Utah
02-01-2009, 04:27 PM
IF you are talking about a Sealy kid, Sealy coaches, then no. They will do the right thing. Remember...they inherited those problems! Probably gave the player numerous chances to conform, like all should.

957tiger
02-01-2009, 08:33 PM
You are exactly right in regards to coaches giving kids numerous chances, as they should. After all these are 15-18 y/o boys. Some mature faster than others. Some take a little longer. As it has been said before, "a good coach teaches you about the game, a great coach teaches you about life".

Johnny Utah
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Well put Tiger.

RedStorm
02-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by STAggie
Really? Confirmed? It is a horrible incident and glad my wife made me leave and we didn't stay around to talk to the players afterward. Not to knock on Giddings but they were some of the worst fans we have seen all year. Constantly talking and yelling at not only our players but our coaches and fans.

Players and fans shouldn't let fans get to their head thats no excuse or reason for fighting.

RedStorm
02-02-2009, 08:18 PM
double post

DDBooger
02-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by RedStorm
Players and fans shouldn't let fans get to their head thats no excuse or reason for fighting. should players and fans be acting like that at a high school game? :thinking:

RedStorm
02-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Fans should be rowdy and yell at the other team...as i said its not personal its just a game.

DDBooger
02-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Fans should be rowdy and yell at the other team...as i said its not personal its just a game. yell at the other team or cheer for their team? This isn't the NBA it's high school. I don't know man, just hard to justify verbal abuse, now I'm not talking chanting "airball" but I'm sure people cross the line and perhaps this was the case

STAggie
02-03-2009, 09:20 AM
Fans should be rowdy and yell at the other team...as i said its not personal its just a game.

But a lot of the stuff being talked that night was personal. You have to remember these kids know each other and know about one another. It was out of control that night and I hope the Giddings and Sealy adminstration both work hard to not let an incident like this happen again. I also, hope the kids in Sealy keep their heads on straight and don't do anything stupid when Giddings comes to their house.