PDA

View Full Version : Posting for a West-Orange Stark Fan

ej2525
02-04-2004, 04:41 PM
A poster (NewStang) asked from a Bridge City web site to post this for them...

I registered w/ the site almost three days ago, but still haven't been "approved" for membership

If anyone is a poster there, would they post this for me as a message from a WO-S fan (screen name - NewStang):

As a WO-S fan, I just want to say that we're all very excited about playing against some new teams, many of which we've heard about for a long time. The only current 3A teams we really have a history with are Jasper and Bridge City, who are both long-time opponents of ours. We've also played Newton a number of times, the last time being in 1998, I believe.
Despite what a lot of people here obviously expect, we don't think 3A will be a cakewalk. There are a lot of great programs in this class. We do feel that we'll be in the mix when the playoffs roll around. For those who don't know much about us, we've been stuck in the nine-team 20-4A district for the past two years and haven't been to the playoffs since our 15-1 state finals run in 2000, despite finishing 8-2 in the last two years. Last year, our two losses were by a combined six points.
For those who want to check us out, our message board can be found at www.wo-s.com. (http://www.wo-s.com.) Stop by and welcome us to 3A - or talk some trash

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Let me be the first to welcome you to the board NewStang. If you stick around long enough, you'll realize that there's some great folks on here with lots of good things to say. Of course we'll talk a little smack when the season rolls around, but most of us keep it in perspective. Welcome and good luck to you guys this year.

j_dog
02-04-2004, 05:14 PM
JasperDog94:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Let me be the first to welcome you to the board NewStang. If you stick around long enough, you'll realize that there's some great folks on here with lots of good things to say. Of course we'll talk a little smack when the season rolls around, but most of us keep it in perspective. Welcome and good luck to you guys this year.I second that! I just visited the WOS site and saw some familiar names like GoStangs! :)

I am looking forward to an exciting year. I hear that we are playing you guys in the first game of the year? :)

Bandera YaYa
02-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Yes, welcome!! Always glad to see new posters join our fun!!

BHKrystal06
02-04-2004, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the DownLow! We love new people, don't we guys?? :D :p

Wildcat81
02-04-2004, 05:38 PM
Yes we do

Old No. 7
02-04-2004, 06:09 PM
JasperDog94:
Now that's what I'm talkin' about. Let me be the first to welcome you to the board NewStang. If you stick around long enough, you'll realize that there's some great folks on here with lots of good things to say. Of course we'll talk a little smack when the season rolls around, but most of us keep it in perspective. Welcome and good luck to you guys this year.I'll second that too. It was too good not to. :D Welcome NewStang. I'm looking forward to this season and I can't wait to talk a little smack with my good friend, coach Randy Ragsdale.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 06:17 PM
Welcome NewStang. I hope you find this site as enjoyable as we all do here. It's the greatest board in Texas, bar none.
I follow Calallen football, so I've heard about yall.

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

JasperDog94
02-04-2004, 06:38 PM
SintonFan:
I follow Calallen football...Now that's a team that's had a tough time getting to the next level. I truely feel for them. They've lost in the Semi-finals how many times to LaMarque?

98Eagle
02-04-2004, 07:20 PM
We've also played Newton a number of times, the last time being in 1998, I believe.
Welcome, NewStang. The last time we played was in '98 a 10-0 victory by WOS. That was our only loss that year as we went on to win the 3A Div. II title. I see we play yall in predistrict again this year, hopefully the competition will help us to bring home a 2A title.

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 09:05 PM
JasperDog94:

SintonFan:
I follow Calallen football...Now that's a team that's had a tough time getting to the next level. I truly feel for them. They've lost in the Semi-finals how many times to LaMarque?.
At least three or four times. Or maybe it's five? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sauer/angry-smiley-027.gif At least that's what it seems like. I was originally from Calallen, correction, it was Annaville. Phil Danaher gets the most out of those boys. And has earned the respect as being one of the greatest coaches in the Coastal Bend (and the state, IMHO)

SintonFan
02-04-2004, 09:14 PM
98Eagle:

We've also played Newton a number of times, the last time being in 1998, I believe.
Welcome, NewStang. The last time we played was in '98 a 10-0 victory by WOS. That was our only loss that year as we went on to win the 3A Div. II title. I see we play yall in predistrict again this year, hopefully the competition will help us to bring home a 2A title..
Was that the same year Libery won state in division one? Or was that 1999?

District303aPastPlayer
02-05-2004, 12:44 AM
SintonFan:

JasperDog94:

SintonFan:
I follow Calallen football...Now that's a team that's had a tough time getting to the next level. I truly feel for them. They've lost in the Semi-finals how many times to LaMarque?.
At least three or four times. Or maybe it's five? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sauer/angry-smiley-027.gif At least that's what it seems like. I was originally from Calallen, correction, it was Annaville. Phil Danaher gets the most out of those boys. And has earned the respect as being one of the greatest coaches in the Coastal Bend (and the state, IMHO)Six times... and they lost them all in a row.. with one of the worst being at Bobcat Stadium at Texas State University. On 6(?) rushes, the LaMarque Running back had 275 yards. I attended the game... and Wow... what a game.. BTW, I heard Davis asked Danaher to play a preseson game a couple of years ago, he declined (also what i heard)... Danaher also holds the state record for most consecutive 10 win seasons with 12, i believe...

SintonFan
02-05-2004, 01:47 AM
District303aPastPlayer:

SintonFan:

JasperDog94:

SintonFan:
At least three or four times. Or maybe it's five? http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sauer/angry-smiley-027.gif At least that's what it seems like. I was originally from Calallen, correction, it was Annaville. Phil Danaher gets the most out of those boys. And has earned the respect as being one of the greatest coaches in the Coastal Bend (and the state, IMHO).
Six times... and they lost them all in a row.. with one of the worst being at Bobcat Stadium at Texas State University. On 6(?) rushes, the LaMarque Running back had 275 yards. I attended the game... and Wow... what a game.. BTW, I heard Davis asked Danaher to play a preseson game a couple of years ago, he declined (also what i heard)... Danaher also holds the state record for most consecutive 10 win seasons with 12, i believe....
They never did beat them did they? Last year the Wildcats lost to Bay City, and the year before Kerville Tivy, and the year before that a San Antonio School. I swear the CalCats lost to WOS the year before that. I thought I listened to 'that game' on the radio. It sucked because I heard the last part of the game on the way to and from "Roberts Drive-In". I remember that game now. I was out of cigs. I heard most of the end on the way and Calallen's bold attempt to win it! They came so close!! Don't get me wrong but I seem to remember something like that for the WOS game. WOS had to produce a game winning drive late in the fourth quarter to secure the win before I ran out of smokes. It was a great game.
Before 1999 or 2000 it gets a little fuzzy. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/grinser/grinning-smiley-006.gif
Danaher is a great coach. No doubt.
Also kinda smart for not playing those Pirates two years ago, huh? wink
Let's look to the future with these Pirates. They're gonna be pretty good, huh?

WOS92
02-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Calallen lost to WO-S in the state finals in 2000. It was one of the best games I've ever seen!

Phil C
02-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Welcome aboard to the WO-S posters and others that will be joining us. We are glad to have you here.

Gasilla
02-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Actually 92, I think you mean the State Semi-finals. It was a great game. :)

Cat22
02-06-2004, 04:23 PM
Gasilla:
Actually 92, I think you mean the State Semi-finals. It was a great game. :) Welcome aboard Gasilla. Glad to see you finally got on.

Gasilla
02-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Hey Cat, what's up?

ej2525
02-06-2004, 04:59 PM
AAhhhh.... you guys made it aboard finally!! (Ragin Cajun from the other board)

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: ej2525 ]</small>