PDA

View Full Version : La Grange-Bellville Boys BB

hookandladder
01-27-2009, 10:28 PM
La Grange donkey stomps Bellville - 67-48.
Dominated from start to finish, District race wide open.

Reason for the donkey stomping, word around school Bellville said they would beat LG by 20.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-27-2009, 10:29 PM
was this thier 1st meeting in district?

hookandladder
01-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
was this thier 1st meeting in district?

YES.

RedStorm
01-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
La Grange donkey stomps Bellville - 67-48.
Dominated from start to finish, District race wide open.

Reason for the donkey stomping, word around school Bellville said they would beat LG by 20.

Never heard that ^ i even heard a coach or two say they were worried about La Grange.

MJMbrahmas10
01-28-2009, 12:32 AM
i go to bellville and play for jv and never heard that...jv got a win and so did freshman(donkey stomp)

MJMbrahmas10
01-28-2009, 12:37 AM
also heard that sealy and giddings got into another fight between the players who played football, pepper spray was used

pirate4state
01-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
also heard that sealy and giddings got into another fight between the players who played football, pepper spray was used man, does anyone in this district like each other?

Johnny Utah
01-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Tell me your kidding about the fight and the use of pepper spray. I know the Sealy asst. bball coach very well.

BOCEPHUS
01-28-2009, 06:24 AM
nah, heard it wuz salt spray.

hookandladder
01-28-2009, 07:14 AM
i go to bellville and play for jv and never heard that...jv got a win and so did freshman(donkey stomp)

Who would admitt to saying it and going out and getting beat by 20 points,just rumor around school. La Grange played one of their best games last night other than shooting 50 % FT's. Will have to admitt Bellville's half quarter trap played right into our hands, did not understand with all our sucess breaking their trap with easy layups they kept using the trap. La Grange has a very weak half quart offense however when pressed they do a good job of finding the open player. Live and learn we will find out next time.

I. B. Watching
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
man, does anyone in this district like each other?
lol, I was wondering the same thing

hookandladder
01-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by I. B. Watching
lol, I was wondering the same thing

This District as it is now has a well known history of some pretty good rivalry games, La Grange-Smithville, La Grange- Bellville, La Grange-Giddings, La Grange- Columbus you get the point. I think each town respect's each tradition however when you take it to the field it's a whole new ballgame, now the fighting like last night in Giddings is the extreme. I look forward for my son to compete in this District, I hope the district stay's like it is for the next 5 years for sure. Battle of HWY 77, Pasture of Pain, C-Town.Looking Forward To Some Good Years. Serious Tailgating Parties.

STAggie
01-28-2009, 08:08 AM
also heard that sealy and giddings got into another fight between the players who played football, pepper spray was used

Not sure about this. I was at the game but did leave right after the varsity game, so if it happened it must have been when the Sealy kids were going out to their bus. I don't doubt it the way the crowd was taunting the players and the close proximity of the court to the stands, makes it real easy to find out who was doing the talking.

Anyway, congrats to La Grange. This win makes D25 open for the taking for almost every team. Who will step up and claim the title?

hookandladder
01-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by STAggie
Not sure about this. I was at the game but did leave right after the varsity game, so if it happened it must have been when the Sealy kids were going out to their bus. I don't doubt it the way the crowd was taunting the players and the close proximity of the court to the stands, makes it real easy to find out who was doing the talking.

Anyway, congrats to La Grange. This win makes D25 open for the taking for almost every team. Who will step up and claim the title?

Who won Giddings or Sealy.

STAggie
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Who won Giddings or Sealy.

Giddings by 2. We couldn't defend a puppy last night. Also, not that it would have changed anything but how in the second half does one team have 14 fouls and the other 4?

Update on the fight. So far the only word I have heard is yes there was a fight after the game and from what I have heard, not sure how good of a source so don't quote, but Sealy's coach was maced while trying to break up the incident. Thinking back to last night I was wondering why several of the Giddings students who were at the game were waiting around right outside of the doors.

Bull's-eye
01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Congratulations LG, looking forward to the re-match.

duckhunter
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
congrats LG

I. B. Watching
01-28-2009, 01:49 PM
This District as it is now has a well known history of some pretty good rivalry games, La Grange-Smithville, La Grange- Bellville, La Grange-Giddings, La Grange- Columbus you get the point. I think each town respect's each tradition however when you take it to the field it's a whole new ballgame, now the fighting like last night in Giddings is the extreme. I look forward for my son to compete in this District, I hope the district stay's like it is for the next 5 years for sure. Battle of HWY 77, Pasture of Pain, C-Town.Looking Forward To Some Good Years. Serious Tailgating Parties.
Thanks for a great explaination. Over the year's we've had a few heated rivalries in the Dallas area. I love intense rivalries, as long as things stay clean.

KL3
01-28-2009, 02:09 PM

You left out two of the biggest, Bellville/Sealy and Bellville/Columbus. Columbus wants to beat Bellville more than any other school, that I know for sure.

hookandladder
01-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by KL3
You left out two of the biggest, Bellville/Sealy and Bellville/Columbus. Columbus wants to beat Bellville more than any other school, that I know for sure.

I just mention a few and yes other school have very good rivalry's also. I would say LG also takes great pride in beating Bellville also, Bellville has great tradition and has had success. So it comes with the teritory, my sons 8th grade football team beat Bellville this year which was great after they put it on us the last year.

scotty
01-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Saw several eight-grade football games last season and if the district stays as it is there could be some outstanding teams in this district. La Grange has a quarterback who is special and the Vinklarik kid was all over the field on both offense and defense. Sealy has a great bunch and Columbus has some outstanding players. Especially one of the running backs. Bellville is always loaded and Smithville put up a real fight against Sealy's bunch. I believe the Sealy eight grade team (the top bunch) is undefeated in football in junior high. They won in a Katy youth league and we all know about football in the Katy area. I know that junior high teams sometimes just don't live up the their billing but with so much talent in those grades someone should come up with a great team. We'll see.

KL3
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah Bellville's 8th grade played much better as 7th graders. This years Bellville 7th grade A went 8-0 and beat teams by an average score of 35-4 and didn't give up more than 8 points in a single game.

hookandladder
01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by scotty
Saw several eight-grade football games last season and if the district stays as it is there could be some outstanding teams in this district. La Grange has a quarterback who is special and the Vinklarik kid was all over the field on both offense and defense. Sealy has a great bunch and Columbus has some outstanding players. Especially one of the running backs. Bellville is always loaded and Smithville put up a real fight against Sealy's bunch. I believe the Sealy eight grade team (the top bunch) is undefeated in football in junior high. They won in a Katy youth league and we all know about football in the Katy area. I know that junior high teams sometimes just don't live up the their billing but with so much talent in those grades someone should come up with a great team. We'll see.

Sealy's RB and QB on 8th grade were pretty special, will hate to see the QB in high school if they run the spread offense. The teams in District were all pretty even with Giddings being the weakest. Columbus RB will be special also in high school, he ran the 200 last year with a time around 22 seconds just smoked everyone. Good years ahead. LG kids name spelled Vinklarek, you were pretty close not easy name to spell.

scotty
01-29-2009, 08:55 AM
The Sealy quarterback has a great athletic background. His mom is a Seals and her dad and all of her uncles went on to star at Prairie View University before integration. There were five of them. Even today, members of the Seals family hold many of the Prairie View athletic records. The Austin County Hawks, the Black school located in Sealy, won the first state football championship that was won by an Austin County high school. That was in 1957 and not only did they win state in football but track as well. The quarterback’s uncle, his mom’s dad, was a very promising football and track athlete in Sealy. He had rushed for more than 1000 yards in his sophomore season and qualified for the state track meet that same year in the 100-meter dash. However, the night after the track qualification, he lost his life in an auto accident cutting his promising career short. Eric Dickerson is a very close relative of the Seals family.
The quarterback’s dad is a huge man and very athletic. He has a son that played for Brookshire Royal and was a super athlete. He high jumped something over seven feet, and starred in all sports.
Another one of the kid’s great-uncles is Ray Seals the head football coach at Madison High School in Houston and he was just named High School Football Coach of the year by the NFL. He coached Vince Young when he was in high school before starring at Texas. Another uncle was Head Football Coach and Athletic Director in Bellville some years back and is now semi-retired but continues to coach cross-country in Bellville.
Only time will tell if this kid can live up to any of his heritage, but he does have a fine athletic bloodline.
I also know this post is supposed to be about basketball, but it’s cold outside this morning and I want to let it warm a bit before going out to feed the cattle. And maybe someone other than me has some interest in such stuff.

STAggie
01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by scotty
The Sealy quarterback has a great athletic background. His mom is a Seals and her dad and all of her uncles went on to star at Prairie View University before integration. There were five of them. Even today, members of the Seals family hold many of the Prairie View athletic records. The Austin County Hawks, the Black school located in Sealy, won the first state football championship that was won by an Austin County high school. That was in 1957 and not only did they win state in football but track as well. The quarterback’s uncle, his mom’s dad, was a very promising football and track athlete in Sealy. He had rushed for more than 1000 yards in his sophomore season and qualified for the state track meet that same year in the 100-meter dash. However, the night after the track qualification, he lost his life in an auto accident cutting his promising career short. Eric Dickerson is a very close relative of the Seals family.
The quarterback’s dad is a huge man and very athletic. He has a son that played for Brookshire Royal and was a super athlete. He high jumped something over seven feet, and starred in all sports.
Another one of the kid’s great-uncles is Ray Seals the head football coach at Madison High School in Houston and he was just named High School Football Coach of the year by the NFL. He coached Vince Young when he was in high school before starring at Texas. Another uncle was Head Football Coach and Athletic Director in Bellville some years back and is now semi-retired but continues to coach cross-country in Bellville.
Only time will tell if this kid can live up to any of his heritage, but he does have a fine athletic bloodline.
I also know this post is supposed to be about basketball, but it’s cold outside this morning and I want to let it warm a bit before going out to feed the cattle. And maybe someone other than me has some interest in such stuff.

Great post. He comes from a great family and his dad is a great guy. He went to school with my dad and still to this day I can not pass by him without talking for at least 10 mins about sports and life in general. Also, their other son walked onto the football team at UofH this past year. From what I hear he is just as good at basketball if not better, haven't had a chance to see him on the court yet.

BULLRUSH
01-29-2009, 02:14 PM
Giddings by 2. We couldn't defend a puppy last night. Also, not that it would have changed anything but how in the second half does one team have 14 fouls and the other 4?

Update on the fight. So far the only word I have heard is yes there was a fight after the game and from what I have heard, not sure how good of a source so don't quote, but Sealy's coach was maced while trying to break up the incident. Thinking back to last night I was wondering why several of the Giddings students who were at the game were waiting around right outside of the doors.

Tell me you are wrong about the coach getting sprayed. He is one the best men that I know. Very classy, very enrgetic coach.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Also, not that it would have changed anything but how in the second half does one team have 14 fouls and the other 4?

Seeing that we are talking about hear-say, Was told at one time in the game Bellville had 11 fouls to La Granges 1.:thinking:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Never heard anyone say this in Bellville, Cant wait for the rematch, this time we get to pick the crew. This Donkey stomp stuff is good locker room pin up stuff, we used it in football this past season.

hookandladder
01-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Never heard anyone say this in Bellville, Cant wait for the rematch, this time we get to pick the crew. This Donkey stomp stuff is good locker room pin up stuff, we used it in football this past season.

Just like the supposely 20 point victory for Bellville was pin up stuff for LG, the half quart trap was the difference in the game. Bellville refused to get out of the trap and LG made easy lay up after easy lay up.I am sure LG will be ready for the rematch as well however right now Bellville is the last team on their mine. Smithville will be tough to beat allow with trips to Sealy and Giddings. The referees had no effect to this game, had LG made 70% of their FT's it could have been a 30 point win.As stated before this District race is wide open. Good Luck to all.

duke55
01-29-2009, 09:56 PM

what number are you?

hookandladder
01-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Just like the supposely 20 point victory for Bellville was pin up stuff for LG, the half court trap was the difference in the game. Bellville refused to get out of the trap and LG made easy lay up after easy lay up.I am sure LG will be ready for the rematch as well however right now Bellville is the last team on their mine. Smithville will be tough to beat allow with trips to Sealy and Giddings. The referees had no effect to this game, had LG made 70% of their FT's it could have been a 30 point win.As stated before this District race is wide open. Good Luck to all.

duke55
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
it doesnt matter..nobody is going to make it farther than 2 rounds into the playoffs out of this district.. but i guess yall can talk about the season :wave:

hookandladder
01-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by duke55
it doesnt matter..nobody is going to make it farther than 2 rounds into the playoffs out of this district.. but i guess yall can talk about the season :wave:

I agree with you, unless someone get a good bracket.

Bull's-eye
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
the half quart trap was the difference in the game.

Wouldn't that be a "pint" trap? :confused: Oh, you must be talking about a half court trap. :doh:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Just like the supposely 20 point victory for Bellville was pin up stuff for LG, the half quart trap

The differance in your pin-up stuff was hear-say, the donkey stomp pin up stuff was posted, not someone making stuff up, Thats how its done at LCRA?