PDA

View Full Version : Eating testicles is hazardous to your health

turbostud
01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,483504,00.html)

The chinese eat cats and I saw on TV the other night they also eat donkey. Said it was real lean. About the most exotic thing I have eaten is Buffalo which is also very lean and fried frog legs.

Budman007
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I was in a restaurant in Japan last year that served horse meat exclusively. It was packed and once we discovered they only served horse, we left and went to a beef restaurant next door that was totally empty. I have been traveling to Japan for over 15 years now and I still don't understand those folks???

44INAROW
01-27-2009, 05:19 PM
I have a comment but I think I'll just leave it alone :D

SintonFan
01-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Fish have testicles?

mac77
01-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Come on. We try and teach our children to not be so ethnocentric and understand others. Think about some of the things we eat. Biscuits and gravy? Aren't they the same thing?

Biscuits-Flour, Milk, Oil of some type, leavening.

Gravy-Flour, Milk, and Oil of some type.

People in Iceland eat fermented shark thats poisonous if it isn't allowed to rot some. YUCK!

We eat what we need to survive and it becomes part of our culture!

SintonFan
01-27-2009, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Biscuits and gravy=fish nuts? Sorry, don't think there's a valid connection there, partner.
Sorry, I had to laugh at your namesake making that comment.:)

Old Dog
01-28-2009, 01:01 AM
Looks like some of you need to go by the library and take a look see at some animal science textbooks! All male critters have somewhat the same equipment, but fish and fowl have indoor plumbing while we are used to seeing outdoor plumbing............

At the turkey feed lots the Tom's testicles are removed surgically while young bulls going on feed are castrated. This allows for a greater and faster weight gain.

My apologies if these details offend anyone, but sometimes I feel that folks really don't want to know where or how grocery goods come to be a the local food store.

trojan37
01-28-2009, 11:29 AM
None of you have never eaten bull nuts? Come on, I thought we were all Texans on here.:D

mac77
01-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Biscuits and gravy=fish nuts? Sorry, don't think there's a valid connection there, partner.

The effort was to try and illustrate that not all societies eat the same thing. I've lived overseas and once you realize that not everyone is an American, the better the experience is. I get to try and teach generations of young Americans to not be ethnocentric and to embrace other cultures. It's hard when so many don't understand why there isn't a McDonalds on every corner in Italy or Korea or Australia. And that includes their parents! You know "When in Rome!"

SintonFan
01-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Looks like some of you need to go by the library and take a look see at some animal science textbooks! All male critters have somewhat the same equipment, but fish and fowl have indoor plumbing while we are used to seeing outdoor plumbing............

At the turkey feed lots the Tom's testicles are removed surgically while young bulls going on feed are castrated. This allows for a greater and faster weight gain.

My apologies if these details offend anyone, but sometimes I feel that folks really don't want to know where or how grocery goods come to be a the local food store.
Didn't offend me. I knew the answer to my question but had to ask after seeing lots trucks having testicular growths on their backside. Many of them seen around the Central Texas region.:D :p

Old Dog
01-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Once had a highway contractor feed us "Turkey Fries' and "Mountain Oysters" at the completion of a road project. Personally both were "okay", but I would not go far out of my way to have either again. The accompanyng fried catfish was much better.................

As for the testicles hanging on the back of trucks, my Mrs. sure gets riled up when she sees one of them, just "can't understand how those boys can do that...just plain crude"! Of course I would never goad her on about it............right?

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Goat nuts are better than bull nuts. Smaller and more tender.

S_Tex_3A_Fan
01-29-2009, 09:09 AM
We also live in an area where tripas, menudo, lingua, barbacoa, and sweet breads are consumed frequently. So what is the difference with the people from other countries eating horse, donkey, or cat. Like the other post said when in Rome.