PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder surgery

nobogey72
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
I had it done on Jan 15th. Just a scope job and was nothing serious. This is true--- I was putting on the 17th, hitting short chip shots on the 18th and 19th, hitting pretty much 3/4 wedges on the 24th, and hitting punch drivers and played 3 holes on the 25th. That's what I call a good surgeon. I had the same surgery on my other shoulder 12 years ago and I couldn't scratch my butt for 6 weeks. But, it didn't itch much back then so it wasn't too bad. I can already scratch my butt, and it has only been a little over a week. And, it itches alot these days so that is a good deal, because none of my family members or close friends would scratch it for me.:(

ccmom
01-27-2009, 11:47 AM
You crazy nut!! :D We really have missed your twisted mind around here. Glad you are recovering quickly!;)

RedWhiteBlue
01-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I had it done on Jan 15th. Just a scope job and was nothing serious. This is true--- I was putting on the 17th, hitting short chip shots on the 18th and 19th, hitting pretty much 3/4 wedges on the 24th, and hitting punch drivers and played 3 holes on the 25th. That's what I call a good surgeon. I had the same surgery on my other shoulder 12 years ago and I couldn't scratch my butt for 6 weeks. But, it didn't itch much back then so it wasn't too bad. I can already scratch my butt, and it has only been a little over a week. And, it itches alot these days so that is a good deal, because none of my family members or close friends would scratch it for me.:(
I know scratching your arse is a big deal to you older fellas- so I am glad you are back in full swing and scratch!!! Maybe you could get out there and show some of those kiddos on the Dawg golf team some pointers..... rumor is that they will need ALL the help they can get come district!!!:D :kiss: :devil:

DU_stud04
01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
who was your surgeon?

ronwx5x
01-27-2009, 12:23 PM

I had rotator cuff repair on my left shoulder in 2005 and hated even getting up each day for almost 2 years!. The surgeon did not use a scope so I have a 4"-6" scar to remind me. I don't care about the scar, but I need the right one done now and I will put it off untill I can no longer use the arm!!!

Maybe I just need a different surgeon. No kidding, that hurt for a very long time, so you are fortunate.

nobogey72
01-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
who was your surgeon?

Dr. Dale Funk

GetRDoneStangs
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Dr. Dale Funk

He Da Man...one of yhe best!

DU_stud04
01-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Dr. Dale Funk he's got some pretty cool stories. he's done my surgerys as well, never had a problem with his work.

slingshot
01-27-2009, 01:46 PM
...he is very good.