PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Giddings Posters

STAggie
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
What is a good place to eat tonight when I come to your town?
Directions to and from place to gym are especially appreciated. Meeting a friend for the game and we were going to get diner. Thanks in advance. Also, good luck to you guys tonight and lets hope for a great game.

Buffgal
01-27-2009, 12:01 PM
High school is located on Hwy 77 north of Giddings. High school is under construction so entrance to gym is tricky. Enter parking lot just past football stadium. Park in the area near the concession stand, northwest side of the stadium. Follow the sidewalk north to the back door of the gym. (Entire front of the school facing Hwy77 is blocked with construction)

Depends on what you want to eat....

El Charro (good mexican)--Hwy 290 east of Hwy 77 on the north side. near B & W Grocery Store

Hunans Chinese (located in Walmart center) Hwy 290 east of Hwy 77, south side. Very good, serve a lot of food at night.

Monzi's-downtown Giddings, Hwy 290 east next to Edward Jones/City meat market area. Paper said they were closing so you might want to check on availability. Beautiful restored building, very good food. More upscale. Cloth napkins,tablecloths

New mexican/seafood/steaks (haven't tried it yet, just opened last week) Hwy 290 east of town just past Walmart complex on south side

Seafoods & Donuts---odd name but very good grilled or fried fish/shrimp, fresh veggies/rice Hwy 290 east of Hwy 77 on south side next to Round Top State Bank. No atmosphere but good food

Circle W Bar--Hwy 290 East of Hwy 77 on north side. Steaks, hamburgers, fried fish etc. Bar and smoke included.

Whataburger, Subway, sonic, Taco Stands---all mostly located on Hwy 290 east of hwy 77 toward Walmart area.

****If you have a little more time, great place just outside of town on Hwy 21 (about a 15 minute drive from the high school) Elm Creek Inn, chicken fried steak, steak, shrimp, good salad bar. Antique atmosphere, country store. Very good place to eat.

STAggie
01-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Thanks alot. How far out of the way is Elm Creek Inn if I am coming from Sealy? Are there any backroads or anything I can take to make the trip shorter. Once again thanks a lot.

Buffgal
01-27-2009, 02:47 PM
yes, quite a few backroads but I'll only confuse you and get you lost.

From 290, go north on hwy 77. Turn left @ light (FM 2440) Citgo station on the left. Continue on FM 2440 until it T's into Hwy 21. Turn right on Hwy 21. Go a few miles (sorry don't really have an accurate mileage number for you), maybe 5 ?? and Elm Creek is on the right. It is right beside the highway and looks like a frame house. There is a sign but road is curvey and you come up on it pretty quick. If you get to Hwy 77, you passed it.

512 253 6775 Elm Creek Inn Phone #

Order the Onion Rings.