PDA

View Full Version : Region IV Moving Out of Kingsville

ol country boy
01-26-2009, 08:10 PM
Region IV Basketball & Track will no longer be held in Kingsville. This has been known for a while now but never saw it on here so I figured I would post it.

Region IV Basketball

Girls:
Friday Night-->TAMUCC
Saturday-->American Bank Center

Boys:
American Bank Center (All Weekend)

Track: Corpus Christi-->Site to be determined

Do not know about Tennis or Golf but I think they moved as well.

Johnny Utah
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Golf and tennis have been in Corpus for a few years. Golf...boys at Oso Beach, girls at Gabe Lozano.

44INAROW
01-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ol country boy
Region IV Basketball & Track will no longer be held in Kingsville.

Do not know about Tennis or Golf but I think they moved as well.

Regional Golf has been in CC (Oso Beach for boys and Gabe Lozano for girls) since 2006. In 2006 - they were completely "redoing" Oso Beach course and the back 9 holes were literally a mud-pit but even with that obstacle, it was better than Kingsville :) Regional Tennis has been in CC since 2006 too I think - seems I remember the Tennis team coming to watch the boys on their last few holes in 2006. I read somewhere that the track meet is at Flour Bluff but I've also heard at TAMUCC so I am not sure which is right. Either way, I am looking forward to the track meet.

ferilhog11
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Regional Golf has been in CC (Oso Beach for boys and Gabe Lozano for girls) since 2006. In 2006 - they were completely "redoing" Oso Beach course and the back 9 holes were literally a mud-pit but even with that obstacle, it was better than Kingsville :) Regional Tennis has been in CC since 2006 too I think - seems I remember the Tennis team coming to watch the boys on their last few holes in 2006. I read somewhere that the track meet is at Flour Bluff but I've also heard at TAMUCC so I am not sure which is right. Either way, I am looking forward to the track meet.

Your right about the tennis. We stopped playing in Kingsville in 05. 06 we started playing in CC because I remember watching the golf team for a couple of holes.

BOCEPHUS
01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
GLAD TO HEAR IT.

IS 45 MINUTES TO THE STATE MEET, AND 5 HOURS TO THE REGIONAL MEET AS IT IS RIGHT NOW.

DID NOT MIND WHE IT WAS 5 HOURS TO AUSTIN, HEY U WAS THERE,, BUT WITH REGIONALS NOW TAKING TOP 3, ANYWAY JJST ALONG WAYS TO TAKE THAT MANY KIDS

Phil C
01-27-2009, 09:14 AM
This gives the West Oso Basketball teams a big home court advantage.

BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

Johnny Utah
01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Phil C, they had the advantage in Kingsville my friend, same with Aransas Pass. Playing in a bigger areana gives no one an advantage, especially as wide open as the American Bank Court is. JMO...Regional tourney will still go through Oso though.

pirate4state
01-27-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
GLAD TO HEAR IT.

IS 45 MINUTES TO THE STATE MEET, AND 5 HOURS TO THE REGIONAL MEET AS IT IS RIGHT NOW.

DID NOT MIND WHE IT WAS 5 HOURS TO AUSTIN, HEY U WAS THERE,, BUT WITH REGIONALS NOW TAKING TOP 3, ANYWAY JJST ALONG WAYS TO TAKE THAT MANY KIDS

huh? it's 5 hours from Giddings to Corpus??

44INAROW
01-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I guess they stop in Cuero and eat some "authentic Tex Mex" food :p :p

Phil C
01-27-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Phil C, they had the advantage in Kingsville my friend, same with Aransas Pass. Playing in a bigger areana gives no one an advantage, especially as wide open as the American Bank Court is. JMO...Regional tourney will still go through Oso though.

Johnny you don't understand. They are CORPUS CHRISTI WEST OSO not Kingsville West Oso.

pirate4state
01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Johnny you don't understand. They are CORPUS CHRISTI WEST OSO not Kingsville West Oso.

HAHAHAHAHA

C'mon Johnny...get with the program!

:D :D :D

Johnny Utah
01-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Phil C, honest question for you...How many times has Oso won the region in Corpus Christi? How many times have they won the region in Kingsville? How many times have you seen them play basketball? Waiting on your response...

BOCEPHUS
01-27-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

NO. 5 HOURS ON A YELLOW BUS TO KINGSVILLE THOUGH

pancho villa
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Track in Flour Bluff

Phil C
01-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Phil C, honest question for you...How many times has Oso won the region in Corpus Christi? How many times have they won the region in Kingsville? How many times have you seen them play basketball? Waiting on your response...

1. The region has never been played in Corpus Chrisit that
I know of.
2. I think they have won it once in Kingsville but that was where
it was at. If it had been in CC it might have been more.
3. I have seen them play several times. I have also seen them
play volleyball, football. softball and baseball and even seen
them run track in Sinton.

The school is localed in Corpus Christi not Kingsville.

BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!

pirate4state
01-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
Track in Flour Bluff

Well hell that's almost as far as Kingsville!

Johnny Utah
01-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Phil C, West Oso has won the Regional Tournament held in Kingsville multiple times, 5 in the last 12 years. I would say that is a HOME COURT ADVANTAGE, unlike playing at a new venue in Corpus Christi. I know where the school is, we are talking about home court advantage in the regional tourney....NEVERMIND!

injuredinmelee
01-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Phil C, West Oso has won the Regional Tournament held in Kingsville multiple times, 5 in the last 12 years. I would say that is a HOME COURT ADVANTAGE, unlike playing at a new venue in Corpus Christi. I know where the school is, we are talking about home court advantage in the regional tourney....NEVERMIND!

dont try to have the battle with an unarmed person...