PDA

View Full Version : Who believes the McCoy rumor

Looking4number8
01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
I personaly dont think McCoy will be joining Shipley in Brownwood (although I would love to be wrong)

I am curious as to what everyone else thinks.

Electus Unus
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Is it just me or does Case get a lot of attention because of his brother? I have seen some clips of him and he doesn't look very impressive to me. As for Jaxon, he looks every bit as impressive as Jordan did in my opinion. Does someone care to fill me in on the rumors which led to this poll?

Lion_Addict
01-26-2009, 07:39 PM
No..............McCoy will not be in Brownwood. :thinking: :thinking: I don't think. :thinking: :thinking: Well.......maybe.
:thinking: :thinking: OK, just got the word. It's 100% certain.......

injuredinmelee
01-26-2009, 07:42 PM
all i know is I am tired of hearing rumors or any news on it for that matter. Just name a coach, let him hire his assistants and then my G.A.S. meter will be back on.

solocam
01-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Not going to happen

Emerson1
01-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Do either of their kids play defense?

LH Panther Mom
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Don't think so :devil:

Trashman
01-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Seen that rumor on here, BL.com and old coach. Don't think it will happen, but we can always hope!:inlove:

Bubba-Joe
01-26-2009, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Don't think so :devil:

Now see a lot of folks would have just passed over this question, but a true football fan gets you LHPM

and

Thats funny right there, I don't care who you is, do either of thier kids play defense ???

BMOC
01-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Does someone care to fill me in on the rumors which led to this poll?

Same here, what is the rumor?

LionKing
01-27-2009, 10:31 AM
I heard that both McCoy and Shipley had openly talked about coaching together somewhere, some thought it was gonna be at Coppell, and when Shipley applied for the Brownwood job, some of the rumor mongers jumped on it and said this is where they're gonna unite since Case and Jaxon are close friends and near graduating and probably their last chance to play together in high school. That's the story I've gotten.

nobogey72
01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
I heard today, that Shipley and McCoy both are going to be coaching at Early. :D :D

Have ya'll missed me????;) ;)

Lion_Addict
01-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
I heard today, that Shipley and McCoy both are going to be coaching at Early. :D :D

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

Very much as a matter of fact!!! Getcha old a$$ back to yappin man!! :2thumbsup

RedWhiteBlue
01-27-2009, 11:21 AM
I think I read a little sarcasm in that.... but Casey did play a little on defense this year. I do not know about Jaxon.

RedWhiteBlue
01-27-2009, 11:22 AM

Like I have missed having that stomach virus!!! J/K:inlove:

STANG RED
01-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Cant see it happening. Makes no sense to me. But they might make a great team. Then again, 2 alfa males in the pack could be a big problem.

westcoast54
01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't see why he would want to leave Graham. With all the renovations they've done seems like it would be a great place to be.

ccmom
01-27-2009, 11:40 AM

Of course we have missed you. RWB and I have been trying to keep the BS going without ya, but you know how sweet we are and it's really been taking a toll on us!:D

Lion_Addict
01-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
RWB and I have been trying to keep the BS going without ya, but you know how sweet we are and it's really been taking a toll on us!:D

:rolleyes: ***COUGH*** ***COUGH*** ......... :p

pirate4state
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
:rolleyes: ***COUGH*** ***COUGH*** ......... :p turn & cough time? :D

Lion_Addict
01-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
turn & cough time? :D

OUCH!!! Thanks for bringing back all those horrible memories. Doc had the damned coldest, narliest fingers!!! :eek:

VWG
01-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Let's see.... McCoy leave and take a big pay cut, and work under Shipley as probably OC.
Wouldn't make sense at all for a coach to do that. I don't care how close of friends they are. Let's say they are paying the HC/AD around $85k... how much does the #1 asst. make?????

Looking4number8
01-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by VWG
how much does the #1 asst. make?????

In Brownwood? About six bucks an hour....:devil:

Lion_Addict
01-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Look at all them HATERS that "Don't Care"........gotta love it! :2thumbsup

Looking4number8
01-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Look at all them HATERS that "Don't Care"........gotta love it! :2thumbsup

I was just thinking the same thing! They will care next fall and early winter!

Sweetwater Red
01-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Looking4number8
I was just thinking the same thing! They will care next fall and early winter!

Brownwood won't be playing footbal in December. Sweetwater,
Wylie and Graham will be though.:devil:

Lion_Addict
01-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Brownwood won't be playing footbal in December. Sweetwater,
Wylie and Graham will be though.:devil:

:rolleyes: Oh Red, you poor soul. Drop the bottle man! It's way too early for that stuff :devil: :p

injuredinmelee
01-28-2009, 12:52 PM
:rolleyes: Oh Red, you poor soul. Drop the bottle man! It's way too early for that stuff :devil: :p
at least you bwooders are consistent in your delusions.

RMAC
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
I wonder if the younger McCoy/Shipley boys are fishing buddies. If they are and this coaching move happens...better hope Brent Musberger doesn't get wind of this story.

IHStangFan
01-28-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
all i know is I am tired of hearing rumors or any news on it for that matter. Just name a coach, let him hire his assistants and then my G.A.S. meter will be back on. LOL...well said! I have grown to really like a lot of the BW posters around here...but what I haven't grown to like is all of the seemingly unwarranted hoopla that surrounds the Lions' football team. First there was all of the "we're moving down from 4A, we're gonna be unstoppable".....well that didn't pan out....then the coaching thing....now this....does it ever end?

Lots of love for my BW buddies.....not so much love for all of the way blown outa proportion propaganda that surrounds your team in the offseason.

Looking4number8
01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
= First there was all of the "we're moving down from 4A, we're gonna be unstoppable".....well that didn't pan out....then the coaching thing....now this....does it ever end?

Lots of love for my BW buddies.....not so much love for all of the way blown outa proportion propaganda that surrounds your team in the offseason.

Well we did move to 3A and that was great

and we were unstoppable... only problem was, we could not stop anybody else either..

Just kidding around with ya but seriously I think this whole coaching thing has taken a life of its on simply because of who has applied. Shipley (and the McCoy rumor) have made the the the 'blown outa proportion propaganda" that it has become. If we would have simple hired from within, it would have been a no-story. But if the Shipley/McCoy thing was more than just a rumor, it would not only be big new on the downlow, it would be big news all over. It just happens to be in Brownwood though