PDA

View Full Version : FAIRFIELD EAGLES?

seasick4
09-10-2003, 10:32 AM
HOW ARE THE EAGLES FROM FAIRFIELD DOING THIS YEAR? I KNOW THEY HAVE A GOOD BIT COMING BACK FROM LAST YEAR...JUST WONDERING, THANKS FOR THE INFO...

Matthew328
09-10-2003, 10:55 AM
So far so good...Fairfied is 2-0..they beat Rusk 23-20...and beat Lorena 14-7..this week they have Ferris...I look for Fairfield to be 3-0..

Bellville22
09-10-2003, 11:32 AM
I'm sure Fairfield will be in the mix again this year. Alot of people forget because of all the hype and ongoing discussion about the Bellville/Marlin game, but Fairfield was probably a few inches on a 4th down play away from sending the Bulls home the week before.

They had a tremendous defense that was very aggresive, and I believe they have quite a few returners.

playpepper
09-10-2003, 12:17 PM
Fairfield is a much better team than the 0-10 team from a couple of years ago. Having said that, they are not the team they were last year either. Fairfield has shown a tendency to struggle on offense thanks in part to a rebuilt offensive line. The pride of Fairfield is now on defense where they are stacked with athletes. I predict either 7-3 or 8-2 and an early exit from the playoffs( before round 3)

zeke
09-10-2003, 04:40 PM
<small>[ October 30, 2003, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: zeke ]</small>

Bellville22
09-10-2003, 06:03 PM
zeke: thanks for refreshing my memory, i had forgotten just how far up in my throat my heart was for pretty much the entire game. When I said y'all were a few inches, I was referring to the 4th down that Bellville converted by about the length of the football, which led to the only TD of the game.

Should be interesting if these teams meet again, but like I told the Marlin fans, that's a LONG way away, and things have to go right for both of us. If they do cross paths again, I'm sure it'll be another great game.

Best of luck to y'all, and look forward to seeing you down the road if the chips fall right.