PDA

View Full Version : Going To Be Icy In NW Texas

Bullaholic
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Not -a- good weather for NW Texas over the next couple of days....

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/

GreenMonster
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
It's already starting to roll in on some area bridges and overpasses that catch the north wind just right. Be careful out there everyone, it's gonna get nasty by nightfall.

cshscougar08
01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Classes are cancelled at OU for the day! It's starting to get pretty slick up here. Thankfully I didn't eat it when I walked to my earlier class.

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Not -a- good weather for NW Texas over the next couple of days....

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/

NW Texas?:confused:

Do you mean the Panhandle?:thinking: :)

Bullaholic
01-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I mean the IMPORTANT part of Texas---the North Central Part---where men are men and the women are glad....:D

STANG RED
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
It's a little misty outside now, and the temp is only 35. Bet it's gonna get slick tonight and tomorrow.

GreenMonster
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Actually, very little of the Panhandle will catch ice, only the very easternmost counties near Oklahoma. More like northcentral Texas, but many that actually live here consider the area to be NW Texas. It is a really big, undefined area you know.

kepdawg
01-26-2009, 01:44 PM
That looks like Dallas to me.

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I mean the IMPORTANT part of Texas---the North Central Part---where men are men and the women are glad....:D

Well over here in West Texas...Where men are men and we
don't let the women wear shoes....:D... There's a slight mist and
it's just above freezing.

STANG RED
01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
From the reports I have been seeing, we should be on the extreme western edge of the ice, if we get any at all. Looks like DFW area will get hit for sure. Lots of bad drivers there under perfect conditions. I'm sure glad I'm not there to witness whats about to happen.:D

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Actually, very little of the Panhandle will catch ice, only the very easternmost counties near Oklahoma. More like northcentral Texas, but many that actually live here consider the area to be NW Texas. It is a really big, undefined area you know.

Is that area not referred to by something else? Like our area
is called the Big Country, Midland/Odessa the Permian Basin
and so on...

Bullaholic
01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
North of DFW may need to pay attention to road conditions for the next couple of days:

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/GIS/HCRS_main/viewer.htm

kaorder1999
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Ice Storm Warning now issued for areas of North East Texas...including DFW

RedWhiteBlue
01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Well over here in West Texas...Where men are men and we
don't let the women wear shoes....:D... There's a slight mist and
it's just above freezing.
You men don't like women wearing shoes- because they are kicking you in your arse all the dang time. I bet that is what you meant to say.....:kiss:

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
You men don't like women wearing shoes- because they are kicking you in your arse all the dang time. I bet that is what you meant to say.....:kiss:

Well being kicked in the butt by a woman wearing Stilettos(sp?) stings.:(

BwdLion73
01-26-2009, 03:37 PM
We are showing 30 degrees in Abilene and 61 in Brownwood. :eek:

SintonFan_inAustin
01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Ice Storm Warning now issued for areas of North East Texas...including DFW :mad: i cant drive in ice! I miss South Texas weather

ASUFrisbeeStud
01-26-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm in Dallas right now and it is cold and rainy and blows.

I hate it.

I want to be warm.

Twirling Time
01-27-2009, 07:33 AM
32º and dropping here. Nothing icing up yet, but give it a few hours.

PPSTATEBOUND
01-27-2009, 08:59 AM
28 in Pilot Pilot

kepdawg
01-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Right now it looks like schools along 377 west and north of 121 are closed.

waterboy
01-27-2009, 09:16 AM
50 degrees here with heavy mist. I doubt we'll get the ice they are predicting over here in East Texas. Usually the temperature doesn't drop enough for ice if it starts out at 50, because of the cloud cover acting as an insulator the temp probably won't drop enough. That's fine with me.:D Me no like freezing rain / black ice. If it were snow I'd be hoping for the temps to drop like a bowling ball off a skyscraper.:D Me love snow.:inlove:

cshscougar08
01-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Just woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow!!!! Doesn't look like much, but with classes cancelled for the day, rest assured there will be snowball fights later. :D

crzyjournalist03
01-27-2009, 11:57 AM
I got up this morning and came into work without even thinking about the weather. When I got in, my boss was shocked and said he'd told his wife this morning while watching TV "Well, I know Sean won't be there today for sure." Then my wife emails me when I get to work to make sure I'm alright.

Seems that the Dallas TV stations were making it out that Denton was already in bad shape. I didn't see any ice anywhere.

IHStangFan
01-27-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm in Copperas Cove/Killeen area at the moment...we're hovering just above freezing and it's been raining, misting/drizzling all day on and off. If we DO freeze, the roads will be slick.

GetRDoneStangs
01-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Most of the area public schools started at ten this morning and others are letting out early.

The ground and trees are covered in ice and the roads are better but still a few slick spots. It is supposed to get bad again this evening.

My company had most of us stay at home...don't get the company trucks out if not needed....so I guess I have been like the kids missing school!!!!

Except......I get paid for it and don't have to make it up!!!! :D :D :D

TarponFanInNorthTexas
01-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Still Mid-70s here in Houston.....yuck....when is it supposed to get here?

Ranger Mom
01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
It is 26 here, drizzly and icy patches. Loop around Midland is closed and I-20 is closed in spots.

I had to laugh when I looked at the Midland Web Cam....it's frozen solid.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/RangerMom1/cam.jpg

pirate4state
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
We are having a beautiful spring day in January! :) It's about 79 degrees outside & the sun is shining with a nice breeze.

Days like this I like to call track season days! hehe

GetRDoneStangs
01-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Sleete/Freezing rain has been coming down pretty steady for the last hour or so......the roads are looking "white"......it will be getting very dicy on the roads in our area the next few hours....:nerd: :confused: :nerd: :confused: :thinking:

I am glad I am home as well as the wife..no working till Friday at Hendricks in Abilene....

SintonFan
01-27-2009, 08:11 PM
It's 38 at home in SA. I hope my wifes new green house holds up.