PDA

View Full Version : The Best Teams In 3-A Basketball This Season

lilt1706
01-26-2009, 01:48 AM
What school do you think is the best

catgut
01-26-2009, 08:11 AM
Until proven different, I'll have to say Dallas Madison is the best. They've beaten some very good teams this year by convincing margins.

navscanmaster
01-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Dallas Madison is my favorite to win state. If they are going to have an off night shooting, though, they had better get it out of the way before the playoffs. There are plenty of teams that are capable of sneaking up on anybody.

Navasota, being my homer school, is not the best, but they have some excellent shooters and big bodies to bang around in the paint. They are doing as well as they are without Dexter Pratt, who was the District MVP last year. If he were here, the depth would be that much better, and I would seriously be looking at them to make another run toward state. Maybe we will beat HJ this year, just maybe.:thinking:

AggiesAreWe
01-26-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Dallas Madison is my favorite to win state. If they are going to have an off night shooting, though, they had better get it out of the way before the playoffs. There are plenty of teams that are capable of sneaking up on anybody.

Navasota, being my homer school, is not the best, but they have some excellent shooters and big bodies to bang around in the paint. They are doing as well as they are without Dexter Pratt, who was the District MVP last year. If he were here, the depth would be that much better, and I would seriously be looking at them to make another run toward state. Maybe we will beat HJ this year, just maybe.:thinking:

Don't worry, if you guys don't beat HJ, my Silsbee Tigers will take care of them like we did last year in the regional finals.

mistanice
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM
in Girls? I would say Diboll but I don't want to jinx them.

Honestly I think Robinson Rockettes are prolly the team to watch out for. Diboll's lone loss is to them.

Rabid Cougar
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Gatesville.... Huge inside with very good guard play.

JR2004
01-27-2009, 04:14 AM
I think you have to mention Argyle as being among the best teams in the state. Dickerson is one heckuva player for them. EV would be proud of Dickerson's "Relentless Penetration". :)

SintonFan_inAustin
01-27-2009, 11:09 AM
hope to see Dallas Madison tonight if the weather isnt that bad, maybe reschedule for tommorrow will be good also.

lilt1706
01-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I think it will be one of these teams
Silsbee, Dallas Madison, Argyle, Cleveland, Hardin-Jefferson

c-town_balla
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
any team that cameron takes to OT (navasota) isnt the best in the state

navscanmaster
01-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Dallas Madison is my favorite to win state.

Navasota, being my homer school, is not the best...

Originally posted by c-town_balla any team that cameron takes to OT (navasota) isnt the best in the state

So I am guessing we are in agreement?:thinking:

navscanmaster
01-27-2009, 11:17 PM
I forgot to add that I don't know anything about Cameron, but the Rattler boys and girls seem to be doing pretty well this year. The boys have two losses and the girls have five, but they are both over 20 wins. I wouldn't pick either to go to state, but I am sure as hell rooting for them!!!

HEMOTOXIC
01-27-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by c-town_balla
any team that cameron takes to OT (navasota) isnt the best in the state

Are you kidding me? You are judging one game, a game that was played in Cameron, to decide if a team is good? The forum is based on the best TEAMS in 3A....not TEAM. Yes, you have an opionion, but to say that simply because Cameron took a team into overtime on their home court, doesnt make the opposing team a bad team. The key is that Navasota beat Cameron by 10 in overtime.

BTW, It happends all the time. The top rated team falls to the lonely bottom dwellers. Navasota is 19-2 with two loses to 4A Waco High by 1 in OT and 4A Hutto. Im not saying that Navasota is the best team or even one of the best teams in the state because I have seen the Rattlers play and I know that they will need to improve in order to get to Austin. However, the Rattler quad will be a team to watch out for come playoffs.

Good Luck to All,

Go Snakes!

eagles_victory
01-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Gatesville.... Huge inside with very good guard play. Unless they got a lot better from last year they dont deserve to be in this discussion.

MamaBull
01-28-2009, 10:59 AM
burk.=amazing