PDA

View Full Version : NBA today

Bull's-eye
01-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Celtics defeat Dallas 124-100, Lakers 99-85 over the Spurs and the Rockets hang on to defeat the Pistons 108-105.

The Lakers are definitely the team to beat in the West. They have benefitted from playing a league high 26 games at home, compared to only 17 on the road. Two of those road games were against the Clippers, which is actually their home arena. Things will even out as their remaining schedule will include 24 games on the road.

Houston is getting healthy and has a very favorable upcoming schedule. In their next 10 games, only Dallas has a winning record. I don't see any team catching the Lakers, but getting that important #2 seed is still up for grabs.

Bull's-eye
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
What's up with the Mavericks? They defeat Utah & Philly, then get blown out by the Bucks. They go to Detroit and get a convincing 21 point win, but turn around and lose by 24 to the Celtics.

Sweetwater Red
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
What's up with the Mavericks? They defeat Utah & Philly, then get blown out by the Bucks. They go to Detroit and get a convincing 21 point win, but turn around and lose by 24 to the Celtics.

The Celtics are alot better than Utah, Philly and Detroit. You
could make an all star team from the players of those three teams and they
wouldn't beat the Celtics in a seven game series.

Bull's-eye
01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
The Celtics are alot better than Utah, Philly and Detroit. You
could make an all star team from the players of those three teams and they
wouldn't beat the Celtics in a seven game series.

The Bucks handed Dallas a 34 point loss and they aren't better than those teams. Dallas defeated Detroit on the road, a tough place to get a win. I'm just curious how a team gets blown out by a very bad team and then turns around and blows out a very good team on the road? I'm thinking Dallas has problems with teams having the bigger centers who play more inside. The centers for Utah & Detroit play more outside.