PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Backstrap

Electus Unus
01-25-2009, 04:03 PM
What is the best way to prepare it? I'm using cream cheese, and jalapeņos on inside and will wrap it in bacon. Should I cut it down and pound it flat or just butterfly the back-strap?

gobbler grad
01-25-2009, 06:52 PM
who cares...when it's ready, just call...:D

44INAROW
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
What is the best way to prepare it? I'm using cream cheese, and jalapeņos on inside and will wrap it in bacon. Should I cut it down and pound it flat or just butterfly the back-strap?

I highly reccommend it...... it is delicious :) and PS - do them individually -

Originally posted by 44INAROW
Since food is the topic - I am going to try something new this weekend.

Grilled Venison Backstrap with Cream Chesse/Jalepeno/Bacon

Take tenderized backstrap (fresh is the best of course :)) and once it's all layed out, spread cream cheese (and jalepenos if you want) and then roll it up and wrap with bacon and then cut into strips and grill. I might do one without cutting into strips before grilling and see how that turns out - might be better grilling in strips though so the bacon crisps up right........... has anyone tried this before? Some guys at deer camp told my husband about this and we thought it sounded pretty good :)

Looking4number8
01-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Pound it our and you are right to use the Jal and cream cheese inside and Bacon ourside.

You can also do Chicken Breast the same way. I like the stuffed chicken better but both are awesome!!!

Electus Unus
01-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I wrapped the japs and cream cheese then I drizzled it with Worcestershire sauce on top and let it sit about 5 minutes to soak in. Then I salt and peppered and promptly wrapped in bacon. This was the best meal I have eaten this year thanks for all your advice so far. I wish I had doves breast to do the same with but chicken would be good. I would likely not put the bacon on the chicken just to get more of the chicken flavor.

44INAROW
01-25-2009, 08:43 PM
You're right - the dove breast would be good too......... we've been having venison in some manner for supper at least once a week at our house since the beginning of December. I love venison and back strap is by far my most favorite. Chicken fried backstrap with buttered red potatoes and corn has become a "traditioinal" meal at our house. I just wish I could "perfect" cream gravy like my mother's. I am working on it. ;) We've got a freezer full of venison to make sausage the weekend of the 7th. Figure we'll be making 5 or 6 batches just for us. I think we'll be making 16 batches in all with Mr44's brothers and sister. Quite a production but well worth it. Just in time, I ate the last link of dried sausage a couple of weeks ago and I am craving some........

swstangs001
01-26-2009, 01:13 AM
you should chicken fry it that makes it delicious, or just wrap it in bacon by itself that also works