PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request for another member's family member

pirate4state
01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Have another prayer request for Pick6's grandmother who has been battling Alzheimer's and has been living in a nursing home.

Details are sketchy, but yesterday she fell asleep in her wheelchair and fell out of it according to the staff. (The State is investigating)

She busted her forehead (18 staples), broke her nose, eyes swollen shut. After a cat scan found she had broken her neck at the base of her skull. :eek: :(

She was care flighted to Ft. Worth Harris where they await a neurosurgeon to determine whether or not surgery is needed.

Please keep pick6's family in your thoughts & prayers.

As soon as I get an update, I'll pass it on.

Thanks.

44INAROW
01-25-2009, 04:01 PM
I'll keep Pick6's grandmother and the family in my prayers.... thanks for sharing Rita

GetRDoneStangs
01-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Prayers from my family.....it is tragic to see our elderly suffer.

Please keep us updated

zebrablue2
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Prayers sent...

IHStangFan
01-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Prayers sent.

waterboy
01-26-2009, 09:36 AM
I just sent a prayer their way.

Phil C
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
I just sent a prayer their way.

Me too. Terrible news and I pray that everything turns out ok and that it was just a terrible accident and no foul play.

kaorder1999
01-26-2009, 09:43 AM
wow...prayers from me!

solocam
01-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Prayer sent

pirate4state
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Update from pick6 is not good. They have been unable to get an MRI done because his grandmother won't keep still, bless her heart.

I can't imagine what she must be going through or the family. She is hurt, badly and she has Alzheimer's and doesn't know who anyone is. :( She must be terrified.

Please continue to keep her & their family in your prayers. Pray for a good day so she can be cooperative and so that she can recognize & know her family is nearby.

Bone Pile
01-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Have another prayer request for Pick6's grandmother who has been battling Alzheimer's and has been living in a nursing home.

Details are sketchy, but yesterday she fell asleep in her wheelchair and fell out of it according to the staff. (The State is investigating)

She busted her forehead (18 staples), broke her nose, eyes swollen shut. After a cat scan found she had broken her neck at the base of her skull. :eek: :(

She was care flighted to Ft. Worth Harris where they await a neurosurgeon to determine whether or not surgery is needed.

Please keep pick6's family in your thoughts & prayers.

As soon as I get an update, I'll pass it on.

I hope and pray that all starts to get better in a hurry. Not knowing anybody has to be horrifying for her. Prayers from Bone Pile and family.

Thanks.

Bone Pile
01-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Bunches of prayers fron Bone Pile and family.

Pick6
01-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I want to thank everyone for your prayers.

We are no where near being out of the woods. The doctors still haven't been able to get the x-rays that they need to see how they need to proceed with my grandmothers neck. Today they are going to try an x-ray where the doctor manipulates her head to get images as it's moving.

My grandmother will slightly open her eyes when we talk to her. We're not sure if she understands us or if she is just responding to the noise of our voices. The doctors told us yesterday that she has also had a stroke.

For the last few years my mother has had to be a mom to her mom. My mother isn't in the best of health and she won't leave the hospital. She has sleep on the floor in the ICU waiting room every night since Saturday night. My siblings and I are taking turns staying with mom at the hospital to make sure she's ok.

Please continue prayers for my family.

44INAROW
01-27-2009, 09:57 AM
aww that's a sad situation Pick6 - will keep the family in my prayers. I hope the doctors are able to get a good xray reading today and make a diagnosis........

pirate4state
01-27-2009, 10:26 AM
Hopefully the doctors will be successful today.

ICU stays suck. Visiting hours every 4 hours for only 30 minutes and just waiting around for any word from doctors who poke their head in for maybe 5 minutes.

Keep us posted. Hope today is a better day.

Pick6
01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
We had a bad start yesterday, but as the day went on things got better. They got all the x-rays and now have a plan. The doc's think the break will heal with out surgery. She is eating ice chips and pudding. Her breathing is more consistant also. She was moved out of ICU this morning. We can now understand what she is saying when she talks. The best thing that happened last night was that she looked around the room and called us all by name and said that she loved us.

This wouldn't of been possible with out all of your prayers. Please continue to pray for her that she makes a full recovery.