PDA

View Full Version : Madison 96 Ranchview 52

JR2004
01-24-2009, 02:25 AM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/schoolinfo.htm?propertyId=1&infoType=boxScore&schoolId=954&sportId=6&eventId=171551

Carr. Ranchview 9 6 20 17 --52
Madison 22 22 25 27 --96

Individual Scoring
CRVW: Barry McCary 20, Sam Roberts 7, Ryeshawn Green 7, Jordan Washington 5, Blake Mullenix 5, Victor Itchie 3, Ben Uno 2, Darius Harris 2, Jared Jones 1.

MAD: Timothy Flentroy 21, Tevin Harris 14, Nicholas Moore 12, Dominique Smith 11, Dontae Medford 10, Elton Garrett 9, Stanley Bell 6, Josh Leffall 4, James Higgins 4, Simeon Brinkley 2, Keenon Armstrong 2, Desmond Flentroy 1.

JR2004
01-24-2009, 02:28 AM
Tonight was also it for the first round of district play in 11-3A. It was nice that we got to rest all the starters for the final 12 minutes of the game. Our point guard scored just one point (averages 15 per game), but only took two shots tonight and played just 14 minutes total. I believe he had 8 or 9 assists though which is around his season average of 8 per game.

Unless Ranchview beats Velt the 2nd time around, they're probably finishing in 3rd place as they have already lost to Velt the first time around at home 56-48. I believe the 3rd place team is of some interest to Paris as they are a likely playoff opponent for them.

The Wolves also have a really good forward named Barry McCary. That kid is so explosive and gets off the floor quickly. He's a lot of fun to watch. He caught a nice oop towards the end of the game on a 2 on 1 that even got our fans excited!

catgut
01-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Madison seems to have it all together. I'm looking forward to seeing the Madison/Argyle winner in Commerce. That's always a fun trip for me even when we were in 4A.

JR2004
01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by catgut
Madison seems to have it all together. I'm looking forward to seeing the Madison/Argyle winner in Commerce. That's always a fun trip for me even when we were in 4A.

I don't know if we can beat Argyle or not. I think we're playing pretty good right now, but they have a team that's been together for awhile. Dickerson is one heckuva player for them. I really don't know if we'll be able to make it to Commerce or not. We'll have to play a great game to get past them.

I bet you're glad y'all were able to drop down to 3A. Region II in 4A is the the most brutal region for basketball in the state in any classification. It's amazing how many really, really good teams there are in that region alone year after year after year.

catgut
01-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
I don't know if we can beat Argyle or not. I think we're playing pretty good right now, but they have a team that's been together for awhile. Dickerson is one heckuva player for them. I really don't know if we'll be able to make it to Commerce or not. We'll have to play a great game to get past them.

I bet you're glad y'all were able to drop down to 3A. Region II in 4A is the the most brutal region for basketball in the state in any classification. It's amazing how many really, really good teams there are in that region alone year after year after year.

Yes our 4A Region was tough. But we don't have near the team this year that we had the past couple of years. It's different being in 3A because we were always playing schools with over twice the enrollment we had. We went from like the third smallest in 4A to one of the larger 3A's. We did okay in basketball and baseball but 4A killed us in football.

injuredinmelee
01-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Need to make a trip to see Madison. Are they beatable? I know everyone is realilisticly(sp) but if they are playing at 90% of potential can anyone in 3A touch them?

SintonFan_inAustin
01-24-2009, 10:11 PM
i'll be in Dallas tommorrow for the week, actually the hotel is in Addison and notice Madison plays on Tuesday at FW Carter-Riverside and thinking of seeing the #1 rank team in the state.

JR2004
01-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i'll be in Dallas tommorrow for the week, actually the hotel is in Addison and notice Madison plays on Tuesday at FW Carter-Riverside and thinking of seeing the #1 rank team in the state.

You won't be too far from me. I live just up the road from Addison. One of your fellow Sinton residents was here not too long ago!

If you're still here on Friday we play Velt at Cobb (It's a fieldhouse right by Fair Park and just down the street from the high school.). That'll be a pretty interesting game as the Mustangs will have several new transfers that have been recently added to their varsity.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-24-2009, 10:48 PM
i'll be leaving friday around 4 so i cant make it to that game, but i should be able to make it to the game on Tuesday, hows the traffic from Addison to FW C-R?

JR2004
01-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
i'll be leaving friday around 4 so i cant make it to that game, but i should be able to make it to the game on Tuesday, hows the traffic from Addison to FW C-R?

Good question...This is the first time they've been in our district (They dropped from 4A) so I'm not sure just how the traffic is going to look to there. We played their football team at one of the FWISD fields so I'll have to look up what route is best to take to get to their high school since it's a different location.

JR2004
01-25-2009, 12:04 AM
Looks like it's about 40 miles. It's about the same as making the trip to Castleberry.

SintonFan_inAustin
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Looks like it's about 40 miles. It's about the same as making the trip to Castleberry. tks, i think i can still make it. pm if you'll be going.