PDA

View Full Version : Yao Broken Again?

IHStangFan
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Went out of the game tonight and didn't return after halftime. X-rays negative but he is day to day.

:mad:

JasperDog94
01-24-2009, 03:28 PM
No Yao. No McGrady. No Artest. Yet they still almost won.

They won't go far without Yao. They need to make sure that he's okay and not rush him back.

coach
01-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
No Yao. No McGrady. No Artest. Yet they still almost won.

They won't go far without Yao. They need to make sure that he's okay and not rush him back.

they will never be ok as long as mcgrady is in the lineup

Pmoney
01-24-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by coach
they will never be ok as long as mcgrady is in the lineup
well then they should be ok since he is injured right now...but seriously how can a team get better by removing one of their best players? I understand if the player is a team killer(a player that acts like he is the only great player and he is the only reason the team wins) which McGrady is not...so again How does a team get better by removing one of their best players?

Astrosdawg07
01-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
well then they should be ok since he is injured right now...but seriously how can a team get better by removing one of their best players? I understand if the player is a team killer(a player that acts like he is the only great player and he is the only reason the team wins) which McGrady is not...so again How does a team get better by removing one of their best players?

Offense just seems to flow better, they other guys are actually looking for their shot and not to get T-Mac the ball.

Pmoney
01-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Offense just seems to flow better, they other guys are actually looking for their shot and not to get T-Mac the ball.
but in clutch times when you need a great veteran player...who do you go to if you dont have t-mac...yao? not if you need to catch up and need 3s...Artest? Defensive minded player with avg offensive skills(at the NBA level)

JasperDog94
01-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
but in clutch times when you need a great veteran player...who do you go to if you dont have t-mac...yao? not if you need to catch up and need 3s...Artest? Defensive minded player with avg offensive skills(at the NBA level) While I'm not ready to say he is equal to T-Mac, have you seen Von Waffer play lately? He's hitting some clutch shots.

I agree about the offense flowing much better without McGrady. And with McGrady's bum knee he was a defensive liability.

Bull's-eye
01-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Yao will be held out tonight as a precautionary measure. He had suffered some swelling on his knee after colliding with another player. Since the Rockets are starting a back-to-back, they rather have him fully ready for Monday's game. Good news, T-Mac & Artest are scheduled to play tonight against the Pistons.