PDA

View Full Version : Needville -vs- #10 Sweeny (Boys Basketball)

IHStangFan
01-23-2009, 08:04 PM
I will be attending this game and will come back here and post my thoughts.

areacode337
01-23-2009, 09:49 PM
I am not at the game but heard it was 32-19 Sweeny at halftime.

No details.

areacode337
01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
50-34 with 2:25 left...Sweeny

IHStangFan
01-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Sweeny 56
Needville 39
Final

Till the middle of the 2nd period the game was very intense and very close. Sweeny came out very physical as did Needville. Sweeny had some very good athletes and one GREAT shooter in #4. It appeared that near the middle/end of the 2nd period that Needville started to get tired and their bench was not deep at all in comparison to Sweeny's. From then on Sweeny went on a run. Needville couldn't get a shot to drop and Sweeny couldn't miss. Needville looked very sound fundamentally however. One thing I did not understand though was that...everytime Needville would go inside to Porras (40) or # 32...they'd either make it or get fouled...yet they kept trying to shoot jumpers and taking shots from outside the arch when just didn't fall all night long. Tonight from what I saw Porras #40 is the bread and butter for the Jays...he is tall (probably 6'5" or better) quick, can rebound, has the strength to go to the hole inside...just a solid basketball player. For Sweeny...they have got a shooter in #4 that is dangerous!! I was impressed w/ him.

Good game by both teams!! Really enjoyed it.

We'll get em next time Jays!!

areacode337
01-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the update IHStang...#4 is the Coach's Son..a really pure shooter from anywhere on the floor. I know Poras as well and he is a very good athlete.

Congratulations to Sweeny

IHStangFan
01-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by areacode337
Thanks for the update IHStang...#4 is the Coach's Son..a really pure shooter from anywhere on the floor. I know Poras as well and he is a very good athlete.

Congratulations to Sweeny No problem 337. The district race at the top is definitely going to be interesting from here on out. It would APPEAR Sweeny, Stafford and Needville are at the top of D26 at this time.

Next week we've got Stafford.....another tough test for the Jays.

44INAROW
01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Good luck to the Jays next week........ I saw Stafford play a couple of times in the past few years and they were really good. I assume they are good this year too. Good Luck ;)

IHStangFan
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Good luck to the Jays next week........ I saw Stafford play a couple of times in the past few years and they were really good. I assume they are good this year too. Good Luck ;) Thanks! And as much as I'm embarrassed to admit this...we STILL have that shirt for you. I had forgotten about it and found it had been put away in the top of the closet. I SWEAR I will get it in the mail asap. :blush: