PDA

View Full Version : Game Analysis from the Burnet Game

mwisnews
12-06-2003, 09:25 PM
Man, what an excellcent game. Burnet defense won the game today and should be commended on their game. I actually went down on the field and Joe Salvidar said that that they made a lot of mistakes, but still pulled it out. Kyle Field is pretty nice and the field is in good shape. That Shipley's conditioning, the defense stayed together.

I know Burnet pulled out, but they shot themselves in foot a couple of times. The McGee fumble and the option pitch that was a fumble. They got next week to work on it, but like I said this was good practice for next week. I knew that Jasper would run the same plays like I said many times before and when it came down to passing they couldn't do it.

Jasper you were well prepared. No one thought except the players that this game would be close. You played your hearts out and you will be in the playoffs next year.

Burnet as Shipley said that championships team find a way to win. They need to contain that Gainesville running back and make them throw. Good Job and it was exciting like last year's Sinton game and almost as down to the wire like the Judson game. See you next week at Texas Stadium.

marktaras
12-06-2003, 09:44 PM
I agree with your analysis, Burnet shot themselves in their offensive foot. Also, the muffed fake field goal to end the half from what, the 1 yard line? Game ball and trophy goes to the defense.

St. Ivender
12-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Jasper did a heck of a job hanging in there with Burnet. This was my first time seeing either team this season. McGee had all day to throw but couldn't (or didn't) find anyone open. Shipley is the heart and soul of that team. He never comes off the field.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: St. Ivender ]</small>

marktaras
12-06-2003, 09:55 PM
This was the best defensive game I've seen all year.

This was the best defensive game I've seen all year. Jasper was tough and came to play. Both teams got some breaks, but, Burnet's "D" just would'nt cave.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
mwisnews:
I knew that Jasper would run the same plays like I said many times before and when it came down to passing they couldn't do it.

Jasper you were well prepared. No one thought except the players that this game would be close. You played your hearts out and you will be in the playoffs next year.
Your ignorance bleeds through your words. Of course Jasper didn't pass the ball. We didn't want to be beat by 40 points, which is what would of happen if we tried passing the ball and allowing the clock to stop. Jasper executed a very well crafted game plan. WITH THOSE PLAYS YOU KNEW THEY WOULD RUN.

The second thing..of course we will make the playoffs next year. I would say that of all the teams in 3A right now I would expect Jasper to be ranked among the top 2 or 3 in the preseason. IMO.

Good luck again to Burnet in their quest.

mwisnews
12-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Don't screw with me Art teacher. I know and Burnet knows Jasper could win against anytime any day. But when it comes to passing they couldn't do it at all. Plus putting that freshman wasn't good for him just throw him out there in win. I was there he just threw floaters and probably most of them should of been intercepted. Also, Jasper was prepared so this gave Burnet practice for a tight game. I am not saying that Jasper sucks, but when it came down to crunch time they just buckled. The kickoff fumble didn't hurt them because of the missed field goal, but second time's a charm with that interception. Without those mistakes Jasper was prepared and would of probably beat Burnet.

They did well what worked for 3 and half quarters until Burnet clamped down. Then when Jasper tried passing it failed miserably.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 11:02 PM
I am not art teacher. That quote was my art teacher's.

However, Jasper didn't need to nor did they want to pass the ball..you just can't seem to get that through your thick skull so I won't bother you with it anymore. Hope to see your analysis next year of how easy it is to beat Jasper again all the way to the semis and beyond.

Sinton94
12-06-2003, 11:04 PM
What was the final score?

pakrat
12-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Varsity
Member # 3014

posted December 06, 2003 09:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't screw with me Art teacher. I know and Burnet knows they can run on anytime. But when it comes to passing they couldn't do it at all. Plus putting that freshman wasn't good for him just throw him out there in win. I was there he just threw floaters and probably most of them should of been intercepted. Also, Jasper was prepared so this gave Burnet practice for a tight game. I am not saying that Jasper sucks, but when it came down to crunch time they just buckled. The kickoff fumble didn't hurt them because of the missed field goal, but second time's a charm with that interception. So Jasper did a good job today.

They did well what worked for 3 and half quarters until Burnet clamped down. Then when Jasper tried passing it failed miserably.

[ December 06, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]

msnews, you have been critical on every post I have seen. Do you ever have anything good to say about any team except Burnet. I believe you have exposed yourself as a Burnet fan and possibly a Burnet grad. Some of what you say doesn't make sense, but you don't claim to be an Aggie anyway. :D What do you mean about "throwing the freshman out there in win"? I was there too. I saw the freshman complete the only pass he threw. He got injured late in 2nd qtr or early in 3rd and never returned to the game. Yes, Jasper was very predictable in the plays they ran. But guess what? They were ahead 14-7 half way through the 4th qtr. The mark of a really good team is when everybody knows what you are going to do,and you do it anyway with success. That means you are faster, stronger, have better technique, etc. Yes, Burnet won. I thought they would win by a large margin, maybe 30 points like some of the ratings indicated. Not so. Speed and good defense
gave your Burnet boys all they could handle. I was surprised by Jasper because they were not supposed to be as good as last yr, and Burnet was supposed to be better than last yr. Maybe you better send that game ball to whoever put that 250 lb fullback of Jasper's on the sideline.

GreatBigBurnetFan
12-06-2003, 11:09 PM
21-14 Burnet.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

sinton66
12-06-2003, 11:12 PM
Burnet 21, Jasper 14. Burnet managed a score with 17 seconds left in the game.

MonkeyJoe
12-06-2003, 11:13 PM
Does anyone have the stats of this game...?

marktaras
12-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Hupernikomen:

However, Jasper didn't need to nor did they want to pass the ball..you just can't seem to get that through your thick skull so I won't bother you with it anymore. Hope to see your analysis next year of how easy it is to beat Jasper again all the way to the semis and beyond.What do you mean they didn't need to or want to pass the ball? Of course they did! They just simply couldn't, and, their running game just wasn't enough.

Hupernikomen
12-06-2003, 11:23 PM
marktaras:

Hupernikomen:

However, Jasper didn't need to nor did they want to pass the ball..you just can't seem to get that through your thick skull so I won't bother you with it anymore. Hope to see your analysis next year of how easy it is to beat Jasper again all the way to the semis and beyond.What do you mean they didn't need to or want to pass the ball? Of course they did! They just simply couldn't, and, their running game just wasn't enough.I mean throwing the ball stops the clock with incompletion. The only prayer we had in winning the game was chewing up the clock, which is exactly what we did. Mistakes beat us as much as anything else. Critical penalties stall more than one drive. The better team won no doubt but I think it is ridiculous that this guy gets on here week in and week and rags on Jasper. He starts this thread with another underhanded attempt to jab at Jasper. Heck if anybody's defense deserves praise here it is Jasper's for holding the might Burnet offense in check. Something no one has done this year.

Go get em Burnet you deserve it.

marktaras
12-06-2003, 11:33 PM
Yes, Jasper's defense is the best that Burnet has seen all year. The pass coverage was a blanket and the rush was unrelenting. This was Burnet's lowest score and their smallest margin of victory.

lotus67
12-06-2003, 11:41 PM
#6Chris Levens was not held in check. :D

pakrat
12-06-2003, 11:53 PM
If Shipley is as fast as they say he is, then Jasper has 3 guys just as fast. He did out finesse them on that last TD catch, barely catching the corner of the end zone. From my angle I couldn't say for sure he was in bounds, but he must have barely crossed the pylon in the corner of the end zone. I thought Jasper had intercepted the only long pass I can remember
Burnet's qb throwing to Shipley. He had 3 defenders on him and one stepped in front and I thought he was coming down with the ball, but Shipley had it. I don't believe Burnet tried the long pass again. Must have decided the risk of an interception was too great. Jasper had Burnet's qb dancing on several occasions, with all receivers covered. Burnet found success on the short passes. That may be their strength against a team with speed.

mwisnews
12-06-2003, 11:56 PM
My analysis are correct on what I saw. I knew what plays they were going to run. They did RB Handoff, direct snap, and QB option. Burnet couldn't pick this up until the late 4th quarter. I also knew that Jasper's mistakes of fumbles and throwing the ball long would hurt them down the road. Not against Mexia, Waco Conally, or Manor, but Burnet. They were sucessful running it until they figured a way to stop it. Ty Kuhn was responisble for the running back and Linehan or Shipley were responisble for pitchman. When that closed down, Jasper couldn't pass. FOR THE LAST TIME JASPER DOENS'T SUCK THEY WILL NEVER SUCK. THEY WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFF GAMES NEXT YEAR. Now, if they were going down the field for eighty yards they should thrown short and for the two games I saw, the long balls weren't really working. In the end, Jasper's mistakes came back and bit them hard and that is why they lost. If THEY NEVER TURNED IT OVER, then Jasper would be playing Gainesville next year. I know Jasper will be good next year. I KNOW MY FOOTBALL AND THIS IS WHAT I SAW AS PART OF A FAN.
So I know what I saw.

<small>[ December 06, 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

mwisnews
12-06-2003, 11:57 PM
On the other hand Jasper you did a good job chewing the clock and keeping Burnet off the field.

bd0707
12-07-2003, 12:03 AM
Great game from two great teams! Jasper you guyz are some pretty bad azz Dawgz, you really gave me the eebie geebies there for a while. Intensity like the green Dawgs haven't seen all year! Speed,buddy ya'll had it everywhere. This game will turn out be exactly what Burnet needed before going to face Gainesville,a wake up call. I probably would have more criticism of Burnet's game today than I would of Jasper's. But we will just say a win is a win,whew! My only real critque of Jasper's game today would be their play selection after Burnet tied it up. With two minutes or so left on the clock Jasper stepped out of their game plan(long time consuming drives)and seemed to in desperation go for the win, by going to the air. Personally, I think they should have stuck to their game plan and see how it would have turned out in overtime. Wow! that would have been scarry! Great game! Great football!

JHS_c/o_06'
12-07-2003, 12:31 AM
BD0707,

Your right, i hope it was a wake up call. We got a wake up call last year against Burnet, but to our demise, the wakeup call sent us into off-season. And i just hope that Burnet realizes that even though they are #1 in the polls and have a great team...that they are not invensible. Today yall were about 17 seconds away from off season. I hope that you use this, and go into the state game prepared, and walk away the champs. Good luck in "the big one" Burnet.

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 04:02 AM
Will Coach Shipley be able to hire mwisnews by next game???

Hupernikomen
12-07-2003, 09:36 AM
mwisnews:
On the other hand Jasper you did a good job chewing the clock and keeping Burnet off the field.Ah a little love for the J Dogs finally.

You have been critical of us long enough. You act as if you are the golden key to understand of our offense. You and everyone else in the state knows what Jasper runs, but there was only 1 team that could stop it and so they keep on playing.

What bothers me is you hide behind your identiy and now that you guys have beaten us it becomes clear that all along you are a burnet fan. At least that is how I see it. A first you just happen to be in huntsville for a few games and now you are down on the field talking to burnet's coach. How bout letting us know what your alligences really are next time before you start ripping in to our team.

Hupernikomen
12-07-2003, 09:39 AM
bd0707:
Great game from two great teams! Jasper you guyz are some pretty bad azz Dawgz, you really gave me the eebie geebies there for a while. Intensity like the green Dawgs haven't seen all year! Speed,buddy ya'll had it everywhere. This game will turn out be exactly what Burnet needed before going to face Gainesville,a wake up call. I probably would have more criticism of Burnet's game today than I would of Jasper's. But we will just say a win is a win,whew! My only real critque of Jasper's game today would be their play selection after Burnet tied it up. With two minutes or so left on the clock Jasper stepped out of their game plan(long time consuming drives)and seemed to in desperation go for the win, by going to the air. Personally, I think they should have stuck to their game plan and see how it would have turned out in overtime. Wow! that would have been scarry! Great game! Great football!I agree I was pretty upset when we threw the ball on first down on that last drive right after making a 50 yard run that the holding call brought back most of the gain. I was hoping for overtime at that point too because I felt like we might have a little success holding Burnet in the Red Zone.

bulldogmom2
12-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Sorry, but personally I don't think that Coach Shipley needs a 3adownlow fan to help him coach his boys. I think he has a good enough staff to get him through one more game.
To Jasper fans..... Your boys gave us a run for their money, and they were awesome. I think instead of critizing all the plays that might not of turned out the way expected, we ought to just say congradulations. I think everyone can sit and say "what ifs", and "should haves", but until your down on that field, nobody really knows whats going on. I would hate to be in their shoes with thousands of fans going crazy from both sides.
But Jasper you played one H%^^% of a game. You've made if farther than alot of other teams, and I'm sure you represent you district proudly.... Congradulations on a Awesome game..... I hope we meet again.... :D :) :) wink

HotDawg89
12-07-2003, 10:18 AM
That game was awesome! I love the close games...but after the heart failure I almost experienced yesterday, I'm going to beg our boys for a blow out next week! (Yeah, I know that is kinda unlikely...)I don't think I can handle it that close again!

Jasper did an amazing job! Their game plan was SMART. Hats off to their coaching staff for doing an amazing amount of homework on Burnet, and hats off to the team for executing the game plan so effectively.

Burnet fans were expecting a blowout- cause that is pretty much all we have seen all year- and the rumor was that Jasper wasn't as strong as they were last year... I don't know who started that rumor, cause those boys were tough. That was the most competition our boys have seen all year.

Jasper has some amazing athletes. Speed all over the place- and they play clean. Great team guys- it is no wonder your team advances every year well into the playoffs.

Great game. The best.

oldengray1
12-07-2003, 10:18 AM
I will gladly admit that fter last years Jasper game I was dissapointed in the jasper players attitude and the fans from Jasper. This year Jasper's team made a fan out of me and many other Burnet fans. They showed resilience, mental toughness and never gave up. Burnet had to force thier breaks, Jasper gave no freebies. So add me and many Burnet fans to the list of Jasper fans and good luck to you in the future.

BHS#1
12-07-2003, 10:24 AM
pakrat:
If Shipley is as fast as they say he is, then Jasper has 3 guys just as fast. He did out finesse them on that last TD catch, barely catching the corner of the end zone. From my angle I couldn't say for sure he was in bounds, but he must have barely crossed the pylon in the corner of the end zone. I thought Jasper had intercepted the only long pass I can remember
Burnet's qb throwing to Shipley. He had 3 defenders on him and one stepped in front and I thought he was coming down with the ball, but Shipley had it. I don't believe Burnet tried the long pass again. Must have decided the risk of an interception was too great. Jasper had Burnet's qb dancing on several occasions, with all receivers covered. Burnet found success on the short passes. That may be their strength against a team with speed.your defenders were realy fast thats why the corners were 10yds deep in front of shipley and the saftey was 20yds and the ocasional 3rd Guy covering shipley was about 15 yds deep. so coach shipley did the smart thing and had everybody run hitches and slants and other short routes.
you know jasper had trouble covering the short routes because the had there coverage 15-20yds deep :) :) :)

PAINTBALL
12-07-2003, 10:31 AM
The key to this type of defense is the ability to put a rush on McGee and stop the run with only three lineman with 8 in pass coverage. For the most part Jasper did a wonderful job. What a game. I don't know if Gainesville has the talent on their defensive line to do the same thing. Hats off to those three awesome players from Jasper. I knew who they were last night, but I've slept since then and forgot. Their names should be listed because in my opinion they had the best game of anyone else on the field. eek!
eek!