PDA

View Full Version : Track Meets

44INAROW
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
How many schools are coming to your track meet? What do you think is a "good" number? We've changed dates and it seems there is more interest than in the past few years. I think we're up to 18 schools (don't hold me to that - that is just what I heard) figure average of 3 teams from each school (give or take) that's 54 teams, so far. Gonna have to make alot of burgers and sausage wraps :)

What do you'll serve at your track meets?

*Just trying to get some talk going - I am B O R E D :p :D

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 10:54 AM
We are having a small meet at our place right before district. Yumm sausage wraps.

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
When are the Gobbler Relays?

Sinton changed their date also, back to Saturday, when track meets are SUPPOSE to happen!!! :nerd: :D

44INAROW
01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Gobbler Relays - March 7th (Saturday)

heard a few names mentioned - Smithson Valley and Sweeny for example - I might investigate this further :p I do know Gobbler Relays is the same day as Yoakum's track meet.. will be alot of yellow dogs running up and down the highway in DeWitt County that day ;)

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Pirate Relays are the following week. Our track meets used to be pretty big, not so much in recent years.

As far as concession items: fajita tacos, sausage wraps, frito pie, nachos, etc...

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
We are coming down to Corpus for regionals this year. Tell me where I need to eat. And where is the BEST Mexican food in the area!

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Since I'm mexican when I go out to eat at mexican restaurants I tend to stay away from all the food I can cook myself and just order fajitas, so I'm limited in the advice I can give you. haha.

BUT, my favorite place in corpus is Acapulco's on Airline. They have great food, even better prices and the service is always top notch! I have tried some of their mexican food and it is really good. Acapulco's reviews (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60927-d510805-Reviews-Acapulco_Restaurant-Corpus_Christi_Texas.html) Not as many, but trust me...it's great. Parking sucks, but there is a plaza across the street where you could park a bus & dodge busy traffic. Think of it as a warm-up. haha ;)

I've heard people go on & on about Kiko's, but I've never been there. Kiko's reviews (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60927-d490603-Reviews-Kiko_s_Mexican_Food_Restaurant-Corpus_Christi_Texas.html)

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm hungry now! Thanks, let know some other places you like.

44INAROW
01-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Since I'm mexican when I go out to eat at mexican restaurants I tend to stay away from all the food I can cook myself and just order fajitas, so I'm limited in the advice I can give you. haha.

BUT, my favorite place in corpus is Acapulco's on Airline. They have great food, even better prices and the service is always top notch! I have tried some of their mexican food and it is really good. Acapulco's reviews (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60927-d510805-Reviews-Acapulco_Restaurant-Corpus_Christi_Texas.html) Not as many, but trust me...it's great. Parking sucks, but there is a plaza across the street where you could park a bus & dodge busy traffic. Think of it as a warm-up. haha ;)

I've heard people go on & on about Kiko's, but I've never been there. Kiko's reviews (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60927-d490603-Reviews-Kiko_s_Mexican_Food_Restaurant-Corpus_Christi_Texas.html)

sounds good Rita - where on Airline - towards Ocean Shoreline or more towards SPID? I'll tell lil44 about it (not that HE'D appreciate good mexican food - he thinks Taco Bell is "da bomb" ggrrr)- he's close to Airline on Shoreline - Years ago, we ate at Kiko's but we ending up drinking WAY TOO MUCH so I have no memory of the food :doh:
I just looked at the map - Acapulco's is really close to Johnny - he plays golf at Oso Beach all the time and it looks close to there....

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 11:39 AM
We are staying at the Best Western on 300 N shoreline is this close?

44INAROW
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
We are staying at the Best Western on 300 N shoreline is this close?
not too bad - you'd have to drive south on Ocean/Shoreline a ways and turn onto Airline but it wouldn't be "major" Water STreet Oyster Bar is directly across the street (from the back) of the hotel. There are several places walking distance to eat as well. The kids should love it - walking distance to the water and T Heads. Really pretty right there!

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
sorry work called

I see you guys found it. It's closer to SPID, just off McArdle. Traffic in & around that area is the pits because of the mall and other non sense.

It really is worth the trouble, I promise.

When booTsy used to go to school at TAMUCC, he loved that place. It's great for college students because the prices are SO reasonable and the service is great.

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by pancho villa
We are staying at the Best Western on 300 N shoreline is this close? Not really, but it isn't too far and the drive is great scenary! The kids will love it! Lorey (44inarow) is right, this is a great hotel as far as proximity to T-heads and other really nice restaurants/bars...oh wait :p

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
not too bad - you'd have to drive south on Ocean/Shoreline a ways and turn onto Airline but it wouldn't be "major" Water STreet Oyster Bar is directly across the street (from the back) of the hotel. There are several places walking distance to eat as well. The kids should love it - walking distance to the water and T Heads. Really pretty right there!

Looks like we got a good place to stay. Anything beats the Budget Inn in Kingsville Texas. What a $*&%hole.

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm glad it's been moved to Corpus. That drive to Kingsville is b-o-r-i-n-g :D

We'll have to set up a M&G :nerd:

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 12:12 PM

That would be great. I'll even bring mini Pancho

44INAROW
01-23-2009, 12:25 PM

I didn't realize Regionals was moved to Flour Bluff (CC) until today.. cool beans.. sister in law lives less than 5 mins from there.......... If I work it right, can eat at Kiko's, Acapulco and Water Street Oyster Bar :) I just remembered this, my brother in law found a place about a block from the Selena Auditorium (is that what it's called - the place under the bridge) called the Railroad Cafe or something like that - (I'll find out for sure) and he said it's great food.

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I didn't realize Regionals was moved to Flour Bluff (CC) until today.. cool beans.. sister in law lives less than 5 mins from there.......... If I work it right, can eat at Kiko's, Acapulco and Water Street Oyster Bar :) I just remembered this, my brother in law found a place about a block from the Selena Auditorium (is that what it's called - the place under the bridge) called the Railroad Cafe or something like that - (I'll find out for sure) and he said it's great food. I thought it was TAMUCC? Either way...it beats Kingsville! ;)

I forgot to tell Pancho he can take the kids to the Selena shrine LMAO

pancho villa
01-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I thought it was TAMUCC? Either way...it beats Kingsville! ;)

I forgot to tell Pancho he can take the kids to the Selena shrine LMAO

Biddy biddy bam ba!