PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's fascination with the Cowboys...

Maroon87
01-23-2009, 09:52 AM
...really beats all I've ever seen. Are they aware the Super Bowl is a week away? Tabloid TV at it's finest...

Emerson1
01-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Imagine in a few year if the Cowboys drafted Tim Tebow :eek: :eek:

Pick6
01-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Who has a bigger fascination with the Cowboys, ESPN or G$$

ILS1
01-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
...really beats all I've ever seen. Are they aware the Super Bowl is a week away? Tabloid TV at it's finest...

Not as much as they are on the Yankees jocks!!!!

:D :D :D :D

I_Do_Care
01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Pick6
Who has a bigger fascination with the Cowboys, ESPN or G$$
:thumbsup:

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I think USC trumps the Cowboys as far as ESPN goes

Emerson1
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think USC trumps the Cowboys as far as ESPN goes
In sucking up yes. But there is at least 1 Cowboys story every SportsCenter

pirate4state
01-23-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
In sucking up yes. But there is at least 1 Cowboys story every SportsCenter cause we're cool like that LOL

It's funny or I'm just tired...

rholl
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I have a theory about that!! jerry understands bad press is better than no press at all. Only one team can win the Super Bowl every year...but Jerry can manipulate things all the time to keep Cowboys on the front page. Ie Hard knocks, TO, Jason Garrett vs Wade....and things like that over and over. He's selling tickets to a brand new stadium and keeping them in the news is the best way to keep them on peoples minds....If he happens to win a Super Bowl in the process..thats an added bonus. The cutting TO story...bringing Pacman back next year..anything to make a story!

Emerson1
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by rholl
I have a theory about that!! jerry understands bad press is better than no press at all. Only one team can win the Super Bowl every year...but Jerry can manipulate things all the time to keep Cowboys on the front page. Ie Hard knocks, TO, Jason Garrett vs Wade....and things like that over and over. He's selling tickets to a brand new stadium and keeping them in the news is the best way to keep them on peoples minds....If he happens to win a Super Bowl in the process..thats an added bonus. The cutting TO story...bringing Pacman back next year..anything to make a story!
and it's all pointed towards people like you.

rholl
01-23-2009, 01:42 PM
and it's all pointed towards people like you.

doubtful...I've never bought a ticket to a game there.

Emerson1
01-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Not really. I don't sit around waiting for something bad to happen. The real fans are going to watch no matter what. "jerry understands bad press is better than no press at all"

and who likes to see the cowboys in bad press? You.

Diocletian
01-24-2009, 10:37 AM
The only one that gets ripped more than the 'boys is the President.

And that's because they are almost equally important in the this country.

They are both symbols of America, with everyone choosing a side whether to love or hate them.

Maroon87
01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Diocletian
The only one that gets ripped more than the 'boys is the President.

Not the current president...according to the news he apparently rolls out of bed each day and craps the golden goose.