PDA

View Full Version : Baylor and Big 12

Bullaholic
01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Heard some folks talking the other day and they felt that Baylor should swap places with TCU in the Mountain West and TCU should be in the Big 12. What say ye?

Electus Unus
01-22-2009, 12:59 PM
It won't happen at all because there is more to a conference than just football. TCU is mainly good at football and football only while Baylor brings a much better athletic program to the big 12 as well as academics.

JasperDog94
01-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
It won't happen at all. TCU is mainly good at football and football only. Baylor brings a much better athletic program to the big 12 as well as academics. :iagree:

Bullaholic
01-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Electus Unus
It won't happen at all. TCU is mainly good at football and football only. Baylor brings a much better athletic program to the big 12 as well as academics.

I think TCU has been respectable in girl's basketball and baseball in the last few years and their academics are first rate. They also have one of the biggest endowments. :D

Electus Unus
01-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think TCU has been respectable in girl's basketball and baseball in the last few years and their academics are first rate. They also have one of the biggest endowments. :D Baylor has as of lately mens basketball, womens basketball, baseball, tennis, and track to name a few. TCU ranks 113th in the nation as far as universities go while Baylor is listed at 76 according to http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com

sahen
01-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Baylor is no where near the bottom of the Big 12 in athletic programs....and now we arent even bottom in football, if your gonna pick a team to switch with you should try a different school...

Bullaholic
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Baylor is no where near the bottom of the Big 12 in athletic programs....and now we arent even bottom in football, if your gonna pick a team to switch with you should try a different school...

I didn't have any strong feeling one way or the other, but I thought it might be interesting to see everyone's opinions on the board.

Phil C
01-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Baylor should start doing well in football. The only concern is will a bigger school come after their coach?

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
TCU is a first class university. This is coming from a college professor (me). I know their criminal justice and agriculture programs are both well respected nationwide.