PDA

View Full Version : Sit down I don't think so!

dunn78
09-22-2002, 06:48 PM
I went to a the burnet game this friday and the event staff people were telling the student section to sit down. What is that? That is a bunch of crap. I cant believe that something like this went on. I almost got kicked out of the game because I refused to sit down. IT IS A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME! What is going to be next in burnet? Excuse me sir you cant yell. Give me some opionions on this.

Ranger Mom
09-22-2002, 07:09 PM
I know our student section doesn't sit down the entire game, it's kinda a tradition. I do know that one of player's mother changed her reserve seating this year, because some of people sitting around her complained she was "too loud."
Come on people, who wants to go to a quiet football game?? In my opinion, the louder the better. I complain because our fans aren't fired up enough to suit me!!

surfspike
09-22-2002, 08:55 PM
fans being fired up are an essential part to a teams desire to win as well as having a good time. if its too loud, stay home and read a book thats my opinion

slpybear the bullfan
09-22-2002, 09:34 PM
I hear lot's of older folks complaining about our student section standing up the whole game.

Personally, I love it. I have seen too many games where the stands are a snooze fest.

Stand on up kids... It won't be the first time in your lives you will rebel.

Heh heh... ahhhh yes...

slpybear

BullsFan
09-22-2002, 10:37 PM
I love the fact that our kids don't sit down the entire game. Like slpybear, I remember when there wasn't much to cheer about in Bridgeport. Frankly, I wish the adults were standing more, not the kids standing less.

(I'm on my feet everytime we have a good play--which is pretty much most of the time so far this season. Too bad for the people sitting behind me...)

sinton66
09-22-2002, 10:39 PM
I usually stand down by the fence anyway, gets too crowded in the stands.

spaniard
09-22-2002, 10:50 PM
hey dunn, which event staff person was it? those ladies are psycho sometimes, and need to lighten up a lot. loud fans keep the momentum of the game going, especially here in burnet.

------------------
<><

Ranger Mom
09-22-2002, 10:57 PM
66, you sound like my husband. He runs the chains every once in a while at the home games, so this year they gave him a pass. He usually stands on the visitor sidelines, whether he's doing chains or not, it is interesting to hear what he hears on those sidelines. I think another reason he likes it down there, is that he doesn't have to sit by me. http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/frown.gif I sit with all my "buds" and we are a pretty rowdy crew. But that's okay, that leaves an extra seat for all of my paraphanalia - megaphone, noise makers, pom poms, blankets, jackets, hot chocolate thermos, etc.....You get the picture!! http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ranger Mom (edited September 22, 2002).]

ladydawg03
09-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Dunn, my reply and opinion on this is that if they dont like sitting behind us, MOVE!!!!! They can get there early and get a better seat. There is no reason to make someone leave a game b/c they refuse to sit down. Thats like making someone leave b/c they're too quiet.. There is one thing i don't understand though. All of those students stand up and yell the whole game but they can't stand or yell at the pep rally to save their life. Whats up with that? doesn't make any sense to me!

spaniard
09-22-2002, 11:13 PM
thats how it was when i was there. i see it hasnt changed a bit.

------------------
<><

District303aPastPlayer
09-23-2002, 02:11 AM
I tell you what, i live in San Antonio. I went to Sinton where the student section was a gossip section. I would say about 10-40 students stood or payed attention. Now that I live here in SA, I go to the Douglas MacArthur Brahma football games. Can we say school spirit. They have even gone so far as to make Front Row Fanatic and Bleacher Babe shirts. The guys are the FRF and the girls the BB. They dress in all blue. Last week, we had one of hte guys go dressed as Pooh Bear. Dont ask why, he just did. The MAC student section is a respected part of the stands. You have to be real dedicated to sit there. I have begun to sit there, and it is a real joy to me.

The Student Section at MAC games is sometimes louder than the band, and their band is HUGE. I would say about 200 kids are there yelling. Then we get chants going, and the ENTIRE stadium gets into it.

It is good to see that everyone responds well at Mac, sorry it doesnt happen at all stadiums. . .

Just my thoughts . .. -Aaron

slpybear the bullfan
09-23-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by BullsFan:
Like slpybear, I remember when there wasn't much to cheer about in Bridgeport. Frankly, I wish the adults were standing more, not the kids standing less.

Amen BullsFan!!! Geez, if seeing Krebs soar out and pull in the ball that PD threw where only #7 could catch it.... and then see #7 tack on that RAC yardage like only he can.... if that don't make you stand up, what would? Free Beer?!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

slpybear

bigdawg06
09-23-2002, 10:14 PM
i agree ladydog...people need to get into the pep rally like the game, but wait i forgot we can't stand up! Whatever....that has all changed dunn and i would like to see people make us sit down now after they have made everyone made!?????Why even have event staff???

audasmom7
09-24-2002, 08:56 AM
Do any of you people want to become Ranger Fans?? LOL Rangermom is great! she and her bud's are really good fans, I dont seem so loud with them around.Alot of the time our guys have to turn around for support.. now that pisses me off, My older son made a comment about how loud the fans were, I told him that all the new guys on varsity have great moms. You know who you are. MEAN IT
(dont tell anyone I was being nice)

[This message has been edited by audasmom7 (edited September 24, 2002).]

2bulldawgs
09-24-2002, 07:27 PM
I think it's wrong that they are telling us we have to sit down!! It's a FREAKIN students section anyway. What are old people doing sitting there?? I dont think we should have to listen to what they say anyway. If everyone stands up, they can't throw us all out!!!