PDA

View Full Version : Parr Arrested Again!

SpursFan
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
I have not been on here in a while! Not sure if this has been posted yet. My daughter came home from school today with this news. I did a GOOGLE search and found this:

La Vega football standout Parr arrested again

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

By Erin Quinn

Tribune-Herald staff writer

Less than two months after prosecutors dropped aggravated robbery charges against him, 17-year-old La Vega High School football standout Christopher Parr was arrested again Tuesday on burglary of a habitation charges.

Police said an iPod was among the items taken during the reported burglary and that shortly afterward, Parr tried to sell an iPod to La Vega High athletic director and head football coach Willie Williams.

Waco police arrested Parr on Tuesday at La Vega High and took him to the McLennan County Jail, where the Bellmead teen remained late in the evening, held in lieu of $15,000 bond on one second-degree felony burglary charge, a jail spokesperson said.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit filed by Waco police Detective Paul Hacker, Parr broke into an apartment at the Oak Tree Apartments, 800 Rambler Drive, in the early morning hours of Dec. 17 and stole several pairs of shoes, jewelry, an iPod Touch and an Xbox game console.

A witness identified Parr in a photo lineup as the person seen trying to enter the apartment through the window, the affidavit states.

Williams gave police a written statement acknowledging that Parr tried to sell him an iPod around the time of the burglary, the affidavit said. However, the affidavit does not say whether that iPod was the one taken from the apartment.

Williams declined to comment on the issue Tuesday.

In November, the McLennan County district attorney’s office decided not to prosecute aggravated robbery charges against Parr after he passed a polygraph test. Parr was arrested by Bellmead police in August in the armed robbery of a 19-year-old man of his shoes and hat in the 5200 block of Concord Road in Bellmead. He was released from jail on bond about a month later, after county juvenile prosecutors agreed his bond should be lowered from $75,000 to $25,000.

Parr’s attorney, Jason Darling, said Tuesday that his client recently told him his previous arrest had been “eye-opening” for him and that he knew he needed to make good decisions to realize his dreams of going to the University of Notre Dame on a football scholarship.

“I really believe his story that he didn’t commit that robbery,” said Darling, of the Moody, Crow & Darling law office in Waco. “He was very adamant from Day One that he didn’t have the gun” that was said to have been used in the robbery.

Parr attended the La Vega Independent School District’s alternative school after bonding out of jail.

He returned to play football in just four games for La Vega but still rushed for 656 yards and 10 touchdowns, helping the Pirates reach the 3A Division I state championship game, three days before the break-in.

Parr’s season debut came Nov. 22 when he ran for 158 yards and three first-quarter touchdowns in La Vega’s 56-8 victory over Tyler Chapel Hill. He had his best game in the state semifinal against Cuero when he gained 256 rushing yards and four touchdowns to help the Pirates reach the state final.

As a sophomore in 2007, Parr rushed for 1,762 yards and 18 touchdowns and added 18 receptions for 304 yards to help La Vega travel four rounds into the 3A Division II playoffs.

A prospect page featuring Parr on the college football recruiting Web site rivals.com lists the 5-foot-9, 181-pound running back as having medium interest in Alabama, California, Florida, Florida State, Texas and Texas A&M universities, though no scholarship offers are indicated on the page.

Emerson1
01-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Welcome to a long time ago

JR2004
01-21-2009, 07:35 PM
THIS IS THE FIRST I HAVE HEARD OF THIS.

SWMustang
01-21-2009, 07:55 PM
that is quite unfortunate. I hope he gets his life turned around.

gobbler grad
01-21-2009, 08:04 PM
no comment...:thinking:

greenpride
01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
........kid had a paved road to a better life and continues to throw it away........next chapter to come, I'm sure, next year some time in the playoffs...............