PDA

View Full Version : Romo wasn't built in a day!!!!

Farmersfan
01-21-2009, 03:58 PM
I couldn't locate the previous thread on this point so here goes a new one. It appears that the whole Tony Romo public persona of being a "Good Guy" or "Humble" is falling apart right in front of our eyes. Numberous stories have surfaced that many of the cowboys players are angry about Garrett not getting control of Romo in practice and in the training rooms. Apparently Romo felt he was a way bigger star than others thought he was and he resented Garrett or Wade Wilson telling him anything about how he played football. The story that came out on the radio today claims that T.O. was angry with Romo several months back because "He was open in the game and Romo was throwing to Witten". When T.O. spoke to Romo about it Romo responded with a "Yea everyone is always open" remark and dismissed it. The next day in film study they saw that T.O. was indeed open but Romo throw into triple coverage to Witten and T.O. yelled out "See, I was open!" and Romo just laughed and giggled at T.O. which infuriated him.
It's not a popular belief in Dallas but I have been saying for 2 years now that Romo is a head case with a superiority complex. He is half as skilled as most think he is. He was given a team full of very, very talented players and he had some good success at first. He then got the big head and his lack of leadership and maturity has helped sink this francise........ The true Tony Romo is coming out!!

Emerson1
01-21-2009, 03:59 PM
meh

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I couldn't locate the previous thread on this point so here goes a new one. It appears that the whole Tony Romo public persona of being a "Good Guy" or "Humble" is falling apart right in front of our eyes. Numberous stories have surfaced that many of the cowboys players are angry about Garrett not getting control of Romo in practice and in the training rooms. Apparently Romo felt he was a way bigger star than others thought he was and he resented Garrett or Wade Wilson telling him anything about how he played football. The story that came out on the radio today claims that T.O. was angry with Romo several months back because "He was open in the game and Romo was throwing to Witten". When T.O. spoke to Romo about it Romo responded with a "Yea everyone is always open" remark and dismissed it. The next day in film study they saw that T.O. was indeed open but Romo throw into triple coverage to Witten and T.O. yelled out "See, I was open!" and Romo just laughed and giggled at T.O. which infuriated him.
It's not a popular belief in Dallas but I have been saying for 2 years now that Romo is a head case with a superiority complex. He is half as skilled as most think he is. He was given a team full of very, very talented players and he had some good success at first. He then got the big head and his lack of leadership and maturity has helped sink this francise........ The true Tony Romo is coming out!! you're not the only one who has thought this about him or stated it here...but I warn you...be prepared to be bashed. There are a lot of Cowboys fans here and just as many Romomaniacs. It's funny how some will overlook certain shortcomings when someone is on THEIR team. I remember those same Cowboys fans detesting T.O. when he was w/ the 49er's and such...specially when he pulled the stunt on the star in Texas Stadium.....how soon some forget.

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 04:03 PM
It's not a popular belief in Dallas but I have been saying for 2 years now that Romo is a head case with a superiority complex. He is half as skilled as most think he is. He was given a team full of very, very talented players and he had some good success at first. He then got the big head and his lack of leadership and maturity has helped sink this francise........ The true Tony Romo is coming out!!

haha this is great. i just have one question...how many is numberous? :D

i'm sorry...i just couldn't help myself

I_Do_Care
01-21-2009, 04:04 PM
WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP :mad:

Pick6
01-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state

Farmersville ISD P4S...

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I tell u the legend of Romo continues to grow!!!

He now..by sources

Did not practice well, did not throw to people not named Witten, does not care about winning or losing, only wants to be in Cabo and living the celebrity life

YET still finished in top 10 in QB rating , threw for over 3K yards and 26 TDS.

Crap how good will he be when he " gets his act straight"

:D

We shall see how he reacts to all this..he has went from town favorite to people not thinking he can handle the position. I am real curious to see how he responds next year..because whether any of the is real or just perception, we all know perception is the reality now

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 04:39 PM
My question:

If he REALLY doesn't care about football like it's been made out lately, why wouldn't he just retire right now to stick it to the Cowboys and the fans for thinking he needs to act a certain way? Where would the Cowboys be then?

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Where would the Cowboys be then?

Calling Byron Leftwiche's agent.:thinking: :D

Farmersfan
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM

I stand corrected! But since we are in the correcting mood can I point out the punctuation problems with your post??????

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I stand corrected! But since we are in the correcting mood can I point out the punctuation problems with your post?????? knock yourself out

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Calling Byron Leftwiche's agent.:thinking: :D LOL!!!! With what seems to be their current recruiting criteria...my guess would be....Ryan Leaf? :D

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 04:47 PM
knock yourself out

I was just talking to a co-worker. He told me that he tried to
"splain" something. I said you "splain" something?:confused:

He busted up laughing and said I've been watching to much
George Lopez.:D

My point p4s is some people know how to take a joke when you
are correcting them.:thinking:

pirate4state
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I was just talking to a co-worker. He told me that he tried to
"splain" something. I said you "splain" something?:confused:

He busted up laughing and said I've been watching to much
George Lopez.:D

My point p4s is some people know how to take a joke.:thinking:

I'll just send you a PM :(

Farmersfan
01-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster

He now..by sources

Did not practice well, did not throw to people not named Witten, does not care about winning or losing, only wants to be in Cabo and living the celebrity life

We shall see how he reacts to all this..he has went from town favorite to people not thinking he can handle the position. I am real curious to see how he responds next year..because whether any of the is real or just perception, we all know perception is the reality now

Perhaps some of us expect our QB(hero) to be a complete QB before we just hand over the francise to him. There is a reason why Romo sat for 4 years to start his career. Was it because Romo was not ready or was it because the talent on the team would not have let Romo have success? We can argue either way. I have said many times that we don't have another option at this point but we need to keep looking. With the over-emphasis on his acheivments they have taken themselves out of the market and that kills me on Sunday afternoon when I watch our francise QB throw stupid interceptions that get returned for TD's in the last 2 minutes of the game................

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
LOL!!!! With what seems to be their current recruiting criteria...my guess would be....Ryan Leaf? :D

been there, done that...

Sweetwater Red
01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
LOL!!!! With what seems to be their current recruiting criteria...my guess would be....Ryan Leaf? :D

I bet he'd be a real calming influence in the locker room. :rolleyes:

I bet T.O. would love finally having a teammate that he could actuallly
beat up.:D

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Perhaps some of us expect our QB(hero) to be a complete QB before we just hand over the francise to him. There is a reason why Romo sat for 4 years to start his career. Was it because Romo was not ready or was it because the talent on the team would not have let Romo have success? We can argue either way. I have said many times that we don't have another option at this point but we need to keep looking. With the over-emphasis on his acheivments they have taken themselves out of the market and that kills me on Sunday afternoon when I watch our francise QB throw stupid interceptions that get returned for TD's in the last 2 minutes of the game................ Well said....and from a Cowboys fan no less. I'm impressed w/ your honesty to yourself and your team. :clap: I applaud you. Most fans don't have that in em. Take for example the Houston Texans...who I'm trying hard to become a fan of since I live here. The city, franchise, local sports media, etc. couldn't WAIT to run David Carr outa town on a rail. Tops in sacks, running scared each and every week, stupid mistakes. I seem to be the only one in Houston that thought it had more to do w/ the O-Line and the protection....or lack there of that Carr had to work with. Funny...the Texans STILL seem to be weak there at times. And ya know what else....Carr played in what....4 games this year for the Giants....and had the top QB rating in the league? My point here is sometimes fans are just not honest with themselves, their teams, and perception overtakes reality.........

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Well said....and from a Cowboys fan no less. I'm impressed w/ your honesty to yourself and your team. :clap: I applaud you. Most fans don't have that in em. Take for example the Houston Texans...who I'm trying hard to become a fan of since I live here. The city, franchise, local sports media, etc. couldn't WAIT to run David Carr outa town on a rail. Tops in sacks, running scared each and every week, stupid mistakes. I seem to be the only one in Houston that thought it had more to do w/ the O-Line and the protection....or lack there of that Carr had to work with. Funny...the Texans STILL seem to be weak there at times. And ya know what else....Carr played in what....4 games this year for the Giants....and had the top QB rating in the league? My point here is sometimes fans are just not honest with themselves, their teams, and perception overtakes reality.........

I don't think that 12 pass attempts is anywhere near enough of a sample size to say that Carr is a good QB...remember what he did last year in Carolina? Couldn't keep the job over an undrafted rookie.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
I don't think that 12 pass attempts is anywhere near enough of a sample size to say that Carr is a good QB...remember what he did last year in Carolina? Couldn't keep the job over an undrafted rookie. I believe you missed my point......which was perception can outweigh reality. I still say Carr's OL was the main contributing factor to his shortcomings. Maybe not in the end....but if you were sacked as many times as he was....after awhile it's got to have some sort of effect on how you play the position....KNOWING there's a good chance you're going to get drilled w/ each snap of the football.

JasperDog94
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Well said....and from a Cowboys fan no less. I'm impressed w/ your honesty to yourself and your team. :clap: I applaud you. I had to laugh when I read this. Of course you applaud someone that agrees with you.;) :p

But have you ever applauded someone that didn't agree with you?:thinking:

Pick6
01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
our francise QB throw stupid interceptions that get returned for TD's in the last 2 minutes of the game................

How did Carolina's franchise QB do in his last game? All QB's are going to have bad games. Remember Romo has only been a starter for 2 1/2 years also. How many other QB's have the numbers that Romo has after only 2 1/2 years starting?

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I believe you missed my point......which was perception can outweigh reality. I still say Carr's OL was the main contributing factor to his shortcomings. Maybe not in the end....but if you were sacked as many times as he was....after awhile it's got to have some sort of effect on how you play the position....KNOWING there's a good chance you're going to get drilled w/ each snap of the football.

ok...you can blame the O-line and I'll buy that, but those who wanted to run Carr off were probably right too. Regardless of whether he was bad or the O-line made him bad, he's permanently messed up now.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
I had to laugh when I read this. Of course you applaud someone that agrees with you.;) :p

But have you ever applauded someone that didn't agree with you?:thinking: depends on the issues and if they can substantiate their argument. So...it really has nothing to do w/ agreeing or not agreeing....but more so...not being an blind homer, and approaching it from an objective point of view. Hope that answers your question.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
ok...you can blame the O-line and I'll buy that, but those who wanted to run Carr off were probably right too. Regardless of whether he was bad or the O-line made him bad, he's permanently messed up now. oh theres no doubt there. He'll be "gunshy" for the rest of his career. That's like a puppy that is beaten repeatedly....eventually anytime anyone MOVES in the poor dogs direction it will cower.

JR2004
01-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Who knows, perhaps Romo is satisfied with getting paid. I know Aikman was on the radio here yesterday with Irvin and he said that Romo doesn't fully grasp what it means to be the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys. When the guy who was the signal caller of three Super Bowl Champions in Dallas sounds less than enthused about Romo and the decisions he makes on and off the field it makes me take notice.

JasperDog94
01-21-2009, 05:36 PM
The truth is nobody here really knows how much time Romo spends in film study and how he acts with his teammates. All we know is what we hear through the media. Sorry, but I don't trust ESPN or any of their ilk when it comes to the Cowboys because they are looking for a story to get better ratings.

I will admit that Romo's numbers in December have been lackluster. If he doesn't improve his numbers later in the year, after teams have had more film to study and adjust, then he will earn the reputation as someone who just could not get the job done. I, for one, am not ready to throw in the towel just yet because I remember who we had between Romo and Aikman and it wasn't pretty.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 05:39 PM
The truth is nobody here really knows how much time Romo spends in film study and how he acts with his teammates. All we know is what we hear through the media. Sorry, but I don't trust ESPN or any of their ilk when it comes to the Cowboys because they are looking for a story to get better ratings.

I will admit that Romo's numbers in December have been lackluster. If he doesn't improve his numbers later in the year, after teams have had more film to study and adjust, then he will earn the reputation as someone who just could not get the job done. I, for one, am not ready to throw in the towel just yet because I remember who we had between Romo and Aikman and it wasn't pretty. Quincy!!! Think I saw him baggin groceries last week at the local Super S. :D

Emerson1
01-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Manning will never win the big game...

JasperDog94
01-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Quincy!!! Think I saw him baggin groceries last week at the local Super S. :D :ack!: :ack!:

JasperDog94
01-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Manning will never win the big game... nope...never...

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 05:48 PM
:ack!: :ack!: yeah, he fumbled one of my grocery bags....stuff went everywhere. :D

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 06:06 PM
nope...never...

Just as an interesting point of reference:

Peyton Manning's first three seasons (At these stats, Manning had played six more games than Romo has right now):

85 Touchdowns, 58 INT, 6 fumbles (3 lost)

Romo's first three seasons (or 2 1/2 really):

81 Touchdowns, 46 INT, 11 fumbles (4 lost)

So with the six game difference, Manning had thrown four more touchdowns, 12 more interceptions, and had one fewer fumble lost.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 06:18 PM

Peyton Manning's first three seasons (At these stats, Manning had played six more games than Romo has right now):

So with the six game difference, Manning had thrown four more touchdowns, 12 more interceptions, and had one fewer fumble lost. Comparing the Colts to the Cowboys is like comparing apples to oranges...and so is comparing their QBs in my opinion. The Colts never had the "talent" that Dallas had, especially previous to Manning. (the early to mid 90s) Dallas on the other hand, w/ Jurrah's money etc. has always been a "star studded" team. I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there...Manning is a student of the game and his work ethic is unquestionable...and that's what makes him great. Romo .....well..his work ethic can be questioned. Manning will retire as one of the greatest QBs of all time...Romo....probably not so much. That's just my opinion.

crzyjournalist03
01-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Comparing the Colts to the Cowboys is like comparing apples to oranges...

you're probably right, but just playing devil's advocate here again, Manning had Marshall Faulk behind him his rookie season, and Faulk was 5th in the league in rushing. The next two seasons, Manning had Edgerrin James behind him, and James led the league in rushing both seasons. Also, he played for the Colts, who didn't have much expectations back then.

So you could make the argument that Manning was under less pressure then than Tony Romo has been and performed worse than Romo has under more pressure because Romo hasn't had a running game anywhere near what the Colts did then.

Apples to oranges? Probably; but numbers don't completely lie.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
you're probably right, but just playing devil's advocate here again, Manning had Marshall Faulk behind him his rookie season, and Faulk was 5th in the league in rushing. The next two seasons, Manning had Edgerrin James behind him, and James led the league in rushing both seasons. Also, he played for the Colts, who didn't have much expectations back then.

So you could make the argument that Manning was under less pressure then than Tony Romo has been and performed worse than Romo has under more pressure because Romo hasn't had a running game anywhere near what the Colts did then.

Apples to oranges? Probably; but numbers don't completely lie. I agree...Colts did have a running game to speak of...but that was bout it, LOL. crzy...it's always interesting talking sports w/ you. :)

Pick6
01-21-2009, 07:10 PM
Comparing the Colts to the Cowboys is like comparing apples to oranges...and so is comparing their QBs in my opinion. The Colts never had the "talent" that Dallas had, especially previous to Manning. (the early to mid 90s) Dallas on the other hand, w/ Jurrah's money etc. has always been a "star studded" team. I'm just going to go ahead and put it out there...Manning is a student of the game and his work ethic is unquestionable...and that's what makes him great. Romo .....well..his work ethic can be questioned. Manning will retire as one of the greatest QBs of all time...Romo....probably not so much. That's just my opinion.

Well you just blew it, it's obvious that you are anti Cowboy. From 2000 until probably 2007 Dallas wasn't star studded. You're just looking to bash the 'boys.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Pick6
Well you just blew it, it's obvious that you are anti Cowboy. From 2000 until probably 2007 Dallas wasn't star studded. You're just looking to bash the 'boys.

2000 -
Troy Aikman
Flozell Adams
Dexter Coakley
Randall Cunningham
Greg Ellis
Joey Galloway
Leon Lett
Dat Nguyen
Emmitt Smith
Mark Stepnoski
Darren Woodson

2002-
Many of the same names minus Aikman

2004-
Testaverde
Romo
Keyshawn Johnson
Roy Williams
Eddie George
Julius Jones
Terence Newman
Witten
many of the names from pervious years....

yeah...you got me...I'm bashing. :rolleyes:

Pick6
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
2000 -
Troy Aikman
Flozell Adams
Dexter Coakley
Randall Cunningham
Greg Ellis
Joey Galloway
Leon Lett
Dat Nguyen
Emmitt Smith
Mark Stepnoski
Darren Woodson

2002-

2004-
Testaverde
Romo
Keyshawn Johnson
Roy Williams
Eddie George
Julius Jones
Terence Newman
Witten

That's like saying Broadway Joe was a stud when he signed with the Rams.

Besides Woodson, Newman, Ellis and Witten, who was a stud them years? The rest might of been studs in the previous years, but not then. Yeah, I did get ya, just another hater.

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 07:46 PM
That's like saying Broadway Joe was a stud when he signed with the Rams.

Besides Woodson, Newman, Ellis and Witten, who was a stud them years? The rest might of been studs in the previous years, but not then. Yeah, I did get ya, just another hater. The talent was there....it's how it was handled that was the problem. After Johnson left that locker room has lacked discipline....which still troubles the Cowboys to this day....that and Jurrah thinking he's got to be the coach. I think I got YOU...just another overzealous Cowboys Homer full of excuses. :) Until you get a coach in there that will instill some discipline and tell Jerry Jones "keep your butt in the pressbox and let me coach" The Cowboys are going nowhere. Enjoy your evening.

Pick6
01-21-2009, 07:49 PM
The talent was there....it's how it was handled that was the problem. After Johnson left that locker room has lacked discipline....which still troubles the Cowboys to this day....that and Jurrah thinking he's got to be the coach. I think I got YOU...just another overzealous Cowboys Homer full of excuses. :) Until you get a coach in there that will instill some discipline and tell Jerry Jones "keep your butt in the pressbox and let me coach" The Cowboys are going nowhere. Enjoy your evening.

You didn't get me. What excuse did I use. I simply stated that they weren't always star studded. I know that Jerry is one of the problems. But for you to say Dallas always had studs shows that you have no clue.

Txbroadcaster
01-21-2009, 09:09 PM
2000 -
Troy Aikman beat up by this time
Flozell Adams Young
Dexter Coakley solid not a star
Randall Cunningham BACK UP
Greg Ellis Solid not a star
Joey Galloway Got hurt game one
Leon Lett By this time a shell of his former self
Dat Nguyen Solid not a star
Emmitt Smith still had some solid games but on down side
Mark Stepnoski to old
Darren Woodson One of the few still better than good

2002-

2004-
Testaverde WAY WAY old
Romo unknown at the time
Keyshawn Johnson solid but not a stud at this point
Roy Williams at this time he was a playmaker
Eddie George cmon..OLD
Julius Jones had flashes
Terence Newman..good
Witten young but good

I added comments to your names

but none of those were STUDS..either to old or to young

but cmon..those years were not about lack of anything..except talent...Those were dark years and alot of 5-11 seasons

SintonFan
01-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Dang, It's gonna be a long time before the Cowboys get their collective act together, imho.
Looks like the Steelers just might move into first place on Super Bowl wins. That's better than the Fruity Whiners, I guess...:crazy:

IHStangFan
01-21-2009, 11:25 PM
I added comments to your names

but none of those were STUDS..either to old or to young

but cmon..those years were not about lack of anything..except talent...Those were dark years and alot of 5-11 seasons Txb...you know you're grade A+ classy in my book....but with that said...you can dice it up and put comments besides names however you like....the Cowboys have always had talent and experience on the field. To say the Colts pre-Manning or in his fisrt few years even came close to the level of said talent/experience the Cowboys fielded is a stretch....and that's what I think what Pick6 was trying to argue w/ me about. The only thing the Cowboys lacked post-Johnson was discipline and team values. (Although, their QB situation was lacking a little here and there...I'll give you that). What most fail to realize here that like to call me a "hater" and a "basher" is that I grew up a Cowboys fan for most of my life. It's not like I'm some guy who didn't follow them for years and years. I got fed up w/ Jones and his antics and certain decisions he made, and that's basically why I am no longer a fan. I don't "hate" the Cowboys...but it's obvious to me what their problem is. Sorry that some around here are so sensitive that me not joining in and singing about how great they are offends some. That's why there's more than one team...if we all cheered for the same team it'd be pretty boring on Sundays.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Txb...you know you're grade A+ classy in my book....but with that said...you can dice it up and put comments besides names however you like....the Cowboys have always had talent and experience on the field. To say the Colts pre-Manning or in his fisrt few years even came close to the level of said talent/experience the Cowboys fielded is a stretch....and that's what I think what Pick6 was trying to argue w/ me about. The only thing the Cowboys lacked post-Johnson was discipline and team values. (Although, their QB situation was lacking a little here and there...I'll give you that). What most fail to realize here that like to call me a "hater" and a "basher" is that I grew up a Cowboys fan for most of my life. It's not like I'm some guy who didn't follow them for years and years. I got fed up w/ Jones and his antics and certain decisions he made, and that's basically why I am no longer a fan. I don't "hate" the Cowboys...but it's obvious to me what their problem is. Sorry that some around here are so sensitive that me not joining in and singing about how great they are offends some. That's why there's more than one team...if we all cheered for the same team it'd be pretty boring on Sundays.

I never compared the talent of the pre manning colts..I was just sayng..The 5-11 years the talent was VERY sparse..most were either over the hill, to young or never really studs, just decent players

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 12:24 AM
I never compared the talent of the pre manning colts..I was just sayng..The 5-11 years the talent was VERY sparse..most were either over the hill, to young or never really studs, just decent players yes sir...I understand what YOU were saying....I was referring to where Pick6 and I had our disagreement. :) For my father's sake...I hope the Cowboys can find some stability, but I honestly just don't see that happening w/ the current situation in Dallas. Too many egos, show signs of brilliance at times...but then implode due to lack of team play, lack of discipline in the locker room...and owner that is notorious for stepping on his coachs' toes......just doesn't strike me as a winning recipe. Something's gotta give in Dallas...and I can tell you what will happen with some certainty.....Phillips will be replaced...cause that's what Jones does when things "aren't goin good"....and if it's another coach that allows Jones to run all over him....little will change. I may be wrong...but I'd almost put money on it that I'm not.

g$$
01-22-2009, 02:52 AM

He now..by sources

How many turnovers in like 13 or 14 games played this year? INTs plus fumbles equals 20 +. Rome has lots to prove. He also went 0-3 in college in playoff gamnes. Stay out of Cabo.

Wonder why Troy Aikman blasted him...

g$$
01-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Manning will never win the big game...

Both Peyton & Eli have won Super Bowls, so....

I_Do_Care
01-22-2009, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Both Peyton & Eli have won Super Bowls, so.... Even though Emerson wasn't being serious, g$$ has a point, and he's 6'2 and knows more about baseball than any of you! pssh NOOBS

Pick6
01-22-2009, 08:06 AM
yes sir...I understand what YOU were saying....I was referring to where Pick6 and I had our disagreement. :)

I said basically the same thing he said, Dallas wasn't always star studded like you think. They had years that they were lucky to win 5 games with the players they had. Your hate for Jerry Jones blinds you to the facts about the type of players that came thru Dallas in the last 8 years.

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
How did Carolina's franchise QB do in his last game? All QB's are going to have bad games. Remember Romo has only been a starter for 2 1/2 years also. How many other QB's have the numbers that Romo has after only 2 1/2 years starting?

Point taken! But here's another point: How many other QB's start their career with as talented a team as Romo did???????? Romo's success isn't that impressive if you consider the team he was given. Aikman had a horrible 1st season(he was 5 years younger than Romo was) but Aikman had a terrible team around him. I have tried really, really hard to support Romo but I saw the writing on the wall early on. My QB can make mistakes and still be "MY" QB if he actually acts like it bothers him when he makes those mistakes. Romo shrugs them off and proceeds to tell us all how the cow eats the cabbage. That's not what I want from my franchise QB..................... That doesn't normally lead to improvements down the road. Romo has accepted his mistakes as "Just the way things go in this game"! Unacceptable........

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 09:29 AM

I will admit that Romo's numbers in December have been lackluster. If he doesn't improve his numbers later in the year, after teams have had more film to study and adjust, then he will earn the reputation as someone who just could not get the job done. I, for one, am not ready to throw in the towel just yet because I remember who we had between Romo and Aikman and it wasn't pretty.

Newsflash JasperDog94:

IT'S STILL NOT PRETTY!!!!!!!!

OldBison75
01-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Farmersfan, I think you hit my opinion on the nose. The Cowboys have always approached the game with a very businesslike approach and it seemed the team attitude was "this is what we do--Stop Us". You used to never see the Cowboys get in the panic mode. Now, the team comes on the field with no confidence and no flash. In the old days, players like LeeRoy Jordon, Bill Bates, Aikman, and others would keep the team fired up and when good things happened--they were congratulating them. Now, after a good play or bad play, everyone goes to the sidelines and either toots thier own horn or sits by themselves. The Cowboys have forgotten what a team is.

Romo is a good QB with a bad attitude and poor leadership qualities. The talent and skills are there and he could be at the top, IF he could just become the leader and show some team qualities. But, he is not the only one with that problem on the team. TO has flahes of the same problem, as do others. That said, it may be that the influx of the "star-studded" players have caused this team to become a team of bickering fools. That is the coaches and owners fault.

I think it has reached the point now where a good housecleaning of egos is needed. Suffer a couple of bad years and get the "team" back in order. Get a head coach that demands and holds the whole team responsible.

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 09:44 AM

So with the six game difference, Manning had thrown four more touchdowns, 12 more interceptions, and had one fewer fumble lost.

Once again, Manning didn't have half the supporting cast that Romo had.... Apples and Oranges.. The Colts were building their team. The Cowboys had already built theirs up and are now basically headed back down again.

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 10:03 AM
You didn't get me. What excuse did I use. I simply stated that they weren't always star studded. I know that Jerry is one of the problems. But for you to say Dallas always had studs shows that you have no clue.

I think we lost sight of the original point guys. What the Cowboys had or didn't have in the 2000 thru the 2006 season is not pertinent to this discussion. What the Cowboys had in the 2007 and 2008 season is what Romo has had to work with. The 2007 team had 11 pro bowlers. They went 13-3. Romo got his BIG contract. And it has gone downhill ever since. Am I the only one who sees the irony of this?

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Once again, Manning didn't have half the supporting cast that Romo had.... Apples and Oranges.. The Colts were building their team. The Cowboys had already built theirs up and are now basically headed back down again.

so are you saying that the supporting cast is to blame for turnovers?

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Farmersfan, I think you hit my opinion on the nose. The Cowboys have always approached the game with a very businesslike approach and it seemed the team attitude was "this is what we do--Stop Us". You used to never see the Cowboys get in the panic mode. Now, the team comes on the field with no confidence and no flash. In the old days, players like LeeRoy Jordon, Bill Bates, Aikman, and others would keep the team fired up and when good things happened--they were congratulating them. Now, after a good play or bad play, everyone goes to the sidelines and either toots thier own horn or sits by themselves. The Cowboys have forgotten what a team is.

Romo is a good QB with a bad attitude and poor leadership qualities. The talent and skills are there and he could be at the top, IF he could just become the leader and show some team qualities. But, he is not the only one with that problem on the team. TO has flahes of the same problem, as do others. That said, it may be that the influx of the "star-studded" players have caused this team to become a team of bickering fools. That is the coaches and owners fault.

I think it has reached the point now where a good housecleaning of egos is needed. Suffer a couple of bad years and get the "team" back in order. Get a head coach that demands and holds the whole team responsible.

Perhaps I am a little unfair to Romo when I say he isn't a good QB. He has performed very well at times. But his inconsistency and "silly" mistakes can't be overlooked in my mind. I would never pick T.O. over Romo for the Cowboys. T.O. is a cancer and should have been gone last year. But he does have a point when he says Romo doesn't throw the ball to the open receiver. I saw many, many times that a receiver is running wide open on a crossing pattern and Romo never sees him and throws into double or triple coverage. I can live with mistakes if the mistakes are made because he is making something happen when there is nothing else happening. I can't live with him throwing into triple coverage to 1 receiver when another is wide open or for him to get run down from behind and fumbling the ball because he forgot that he was taught in Jr High about how to "put the ball away" when you run. It's the unacceptable mistakes that killed this teams chances. They could overcome a lot of those kinds of mistakes early on but when it comes down to Nut-Cutting time and the other team is ZEROed in, those mistakes become huge. That's why Romo has such bad December numbers and playoff numbers........ And all the while he is laughing it off as "Just part of the game we all love"!!!!!!

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 10:29 AM
so are you saying that the supporting cast is to blame for turnovers?

Yes! Supporting cast has tons to do with turnovers. The less talent a QB has around them the more chances they have to take in order for their team to win. The Cowboys a lot of the time had to OVERCOME Romo in order to win.
Don't get me wrong. Romo is far, far from the biggest problem on this team. But he gets the biggest pass and it drives me crazy. The first place you have to look to iron out problems on a football team is the coach or the QB. But most refuse to look at this QB as one of the problems.

Pick6
01-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I think we lost sight of the original point guys. What the Cowboys had or didn't have in the 2000 thru the 2006 season is not pertinent to this discussion.

It became pertinent when IHSF said Dallas always had studs, which 2000 thru 2006 proves they didn't. Other than that, you're right, it's not pertinent to the rest of the thread.

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I said basically the same thing he said, Dallas wasn't always star studded like you think. They had years that they were lucky to win 5 games with the players they had. Your hate for Jerry Jones blinds you to the facts about the type of players that came thru Dallas in the last 8 years. alright man...get off of it. They had players.....they had better talent than 5-11. I'm sorry....you are wrong if you say otherwise. Talent wasn't the main issue with them, and STILL isn't. Some of the names have changed on the back of the uniforms...but the main overlying problem still remains.

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Yes! Supporting cast has tons to do with turnovers. The less talent a QB has around them the more chances they have to take in order for their team to win. The Cowboys a lot of the time had to OVERCOME Romo in order to win.
Don't get me wrong. Romo is far, far from the biggest problem on this team. But he gets the biggest pass and it drives me crazy. The first place you have to look to iron out problems on a football team is the coach or the QB. But most refuse to look at this QB as one of the problems.

If you've followed anything in the news about the Cowboys over the last three weeks, I'd say he's far from gotten a pass. In fact, I think that he has been made THE problem in some people's minds, and I think that's just ludicrous.

While Romo has cost the team games in his time, he's also won them some that they probably shouldn't have. If I'm making a list of Cowboys problems, Romo is so far down the list that it's almost insignificant. And when you have a team that probably should have been about 13-3 go 9-7, every single player on that roster probably has some problems that need addressed.

Here's how I rank the Cowboys issues:

1. Head Coach's lacking any form of intimidation
2. Unnamed sources in the locker room
3. Offensive Coordinator's lack of adjustments
4. Special Teams
5. Dropped passes by wide receivers
6. Flozell Adams
7. Health
8. Defensive tackling
9. Secondary (outside of Terence Newman)
10. Distractions

I understand those who would want T.O. in there somewhere, but for my money, he doesn't come up with drive-killing penalties twice a game like Adams does, and the dropped passes kind of fit him in there.

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 10:48 AM
It became pertinent when IHSF said Dallas always had studs, which 2000 thru 2006 proves they didn't. Other than that, you're right, it's not pertinent to the rest of the thread. COMPARED TO THE COLTS THEY ALWAYS HAVE!!!! ESPECIALLY IN MANNING'S EARLY YEARS!! THAT IS MY POINT!!! GEEZUS man!!

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Once again, Manning didn't have half the supporting cast that Romo had.... Apples and Oranges.. The Colts were building their team. The Cowboys had already built theirs up and are now basically headed back down again. THANK YOU!!! Someone who isn't blinded by "oh you're a Cowboys hater" and actually UNDERSTOOD what they were reading.

Pick6
01-22-2009, 10:58 AM
alright man...get off of it. They had players.....they had better talent than 5-11. I'm sorry....you are wrong if you say otherwise. Talent wasn't the main issue with them, and STILL isn't. Some of the names have changed on the back of the uniforms...but the main overlying problem still remains.

Go get the rosters of the teams between 2000-2006 and show me how many of the players on that team are starting somewhere else now or how many are even still playing. As Bill said, you are what your record says you are. Dallas's talent was a 5-11 team most of them years. You hatred of Dallas has clouded your opinion, that much is very obvious.

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2009, 10:59 AM
In Peyton Manning's second season, the Colts ranked 3rd in the NFL in offense.

In Peyton Manning's third season, they ranked 4th.

They went 13-3 and 10-6 in those two seasons.

Yeah, obviously they didn't have much talent out there.

JasperDog94
01-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by g$$
Both Peyton & Eli have won Super Bowls, so.... Apparently you didn't get the sarcasm. The same things were said about those two QBs before they won superbowls.

JasperDog94
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
Newsflash JasperDog94:

IT'S STILL NOT PRETTY!!!!!!!! Yeah. You're right. Let's go back to the Quincy Carter days...:rolleyes:

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
If you've followed anything in the news about the Cowboys over the last three weeks, I'd say he's far from gotten a pass. In fact, I think that he has been made THE problem in some people's minds, and I think that's just ludicrous.

While Romo has cost the team games in his time, he's also won them some that they probably shouldn't have. If I'm making a list of Cowboys problems, Romo is so far down the list that it's almost insignificant. And when you have a team that probably should have been about 13-3 go 9-7, every single player on that roster probably has some problems that need addressed.

4. Special Teams
6. Flozell Adams
7. Health
8. Defensive tackling
10. Distractions

I understand those who would want T.O. in there somewhere, but for my money, he doesn't come up with drive-killing penalties twice a game like Adams does, and the dropped passes kind of fit him in there.

Most of these are just excuses or symptoms of the onfield performance rather than causes for it. Health is huge but all teams have health issues. Special Teams was terrible but they have influence over perhaps 10% of the plays. This defense was pretty highly ranked most of the season even though they were consistently put in horrible spots by Romo(offense) turnovers. Distractions are a part of life. I have them, you have them and every single NFL player has them. Flozell Adams is a albatrose around the neck of success for this team. But not any moreso than Romo is. In fact Romo had more drive killing mistakes than Adams did this season. And the O-Cordinator doesn't have to make adjustments if Romo can hit open receivers downfield....
Point is this: Romo is the ONLY player on the team who has a negative or positive impact on every single play. He is the only player who touches the ball on every single snap. He can create a positive outcome on the play or he can create a negative outcome. T.O. can only impact the play when he is actually getting the ball thrown to him. You remove him and you remove his impact on 5% of the plays. Marion Barber is directly involved in 20 to 30 plays per game. Fix/change/remove him and you change only those 20 or 30 plays. Romo effects 100% of the offensive plays ( through physical actions or attitude)................................. How can it be simplier?

JasperDog94
01-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Marion Barber is directly involved in 20 to 30 plays per game. Fix/change/remove him and you change only those 20 or 30 plays. Do you really believe that a healthy Barber (plus Felix Jones) doesn't completely change the Cowboy's offense? Seriously? Nobody respected the Cowboys running game when those two guys were out. The Cowboys became one-dimensional and part of that was Jason Garret's fault.

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Yeah. You're right. Let's go back to the Quincy Carter days...:rolleyes:

So is it better to have a team that is talented enough to win it all that fails miserably and leaves us all with a really bad taste in our mouth or a team that isn't capable of competeing for a title and we can actually get excited about seeing a few good things happening??????
Look at it this way: Would you prefer your child be a C student that works his butt off and gets A's and celebrates WITH you or a A student that screws off and gets Cs??????????

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
So is it better to have a team that is talented enough to win it all that fails miserably and leaves us all with a really bad taste in our mouth or a team that isn't capable of competeing for a title and we can actually get excited about seeing a few good things happening??????
Look at it this way: Would you prefer your child be a C student that works his butt off and gets A's and celebrates WITH you or a A student that screws off and gets Cs??????????

I'll take the A student. Because with a little bit of discipline, you'll have something really special.

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Do you really believe that a healthy Barber (plus Felix Jones) doesn't completely change the Cowboy's offense? Seriously? Nobody respected the Cowboys running game when those two guys were out. The Cowboys became one-dimensional and part of that was Jason Garret's fault.

You are correct! A health Barber and Jones makes a huge difference. But that is playing the "What If" game. The facts are that these guys weren't healthy so someone else had to get the job done. The opportunities were there for Romo to get it done but he failed. The only reason a One-Dimensional offense didn't work was becuase of the people responsible for executing it didn't get it done. Refer to my pervious post. Romo is cuprit #1 in not getting it done.

Farmersfan
01-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I'll take the A student. Because with a little bit of discipline, you'll have something really special.

At what point in my post did I say you could change one of the choices???? They are what they are. We are choosing between what the Cowboys WERE with Quincy Carter and what the WERE this last season. I didn't ask you to choose based on what they could be next year.............
The difference is overachievement or underacheivement! Now choose.

JasperDog94
01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
The only reason a One-Dimensional offense didn't work was becuase of the people responsible for executing it didn't get it done. And that starts with the coaching staff. They kept doing the same things over and over again and made no noticeable adjustments. That's Romo's fault?

crzyjournalist03
01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
At what point in my post did I say you could change one of the choices???? They are what they are. We are choosing between what the Cowboys WERE with Quincy Carter and what the WERE this last season. I didn't ask you to choose based on what they could be next year.............
The difference is overachievement or underacheivement! Now choose.

hindsight is 20/20...now you're comparing apples and oranges.

Bullaholic
01-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Biggest problem going on with the Cowboys right now is communication. All of these rumors and "he-saids" are going unanswered every day and only get worse. Jerry Jones, or better yet, Wade Phillips, needs to step up to the mike and dispel once and for all the myths and guesses that are making the rounds. The Cowboys players need to be fully informed of what will be going down before anything is made public and all lockerroom complaints/questions need to be answered prior to that time. I didn't agree at the time with the Parcels "gag" policy for his players and coaches talking to the media, but I think this needs to be re-implemented immediately with Jones and Phillips fielding all questions regarding the Cowboys until such time as they are ready to announce the answers to all of the burning questions that everyone has regarding the state and future of the team. I think their replies should be truthful, straight forward, and direct with no "spin" or "bobbing and weaving". I realize that I am asking for too much and this may be unrealistic, but IMO, the time has come for some honesty from those in charge to let everyone know without a doubt, who is in charge to correct the sins of the past, and insure success as the Cowboys attempt to find their way back to the stature of the team that Cowboys fans expect and appreciate.

Texasfootball2
01-22-2009, 12:24 PM

4. Special Teams
6. Flozell Adams
7. Health
8. Defensive tackling
10. Distractions

I understand those who would want T.O. in there somewhere, but for my money, he doesn't come up with drive-killing penalties twice a game like Adams does, and the dropped passes kind of fit him in there. :ditto: :iagree:

And in my opinion, Jerry Jones can take care of everyone one of these problems on this list except for maybe #5 with "one" move, and this has to be done while the window of opportunity is open, LIKE NOW!.

If Jerry will hire Mike Shanahan and let him do what he does, all these problems would slowly disappear. Mike is from the old school Ala Parcells, Shottenhiemer, Holmgren, and Cowher types, and would bring some respect and immediate and well needed discipline back to the team and locker room. The lack of Offensive adjustments would be no longer and Romo would benefit the most because Shanahan would tweek Romo just enough to make him a better QB. As far as the penalties and Flozzell Adams ect...., well Discipline and respect from the top takes care of all that.

And know for the TO situation. I don't think Shanahan would immediately release TO, but I do think he what have a heart to heart with him, and lay down some guidelines. If TO is willing to do what is ask of him, I think Shanahan could turn the Romo/TO combo into one of the most prolific ever.

Now having said all that Jerry would have to go against the Jason Garrett coach in waiting situation, but I personally think that so much has change in the past 12 months that Jerry has a legitamate reason to make the move. First off, Garrett's stock has dropped, and Second, No way anybody could have dreamed that there would be coaches like Shanahan, Gruden, and Holmgren available to be hired. If he waits until next year this window of opportunity will probably be closed, and if the Cowboys were to make the playoffs and actually win a playoff game before falling short of the super bowl, Jerry would not have a very good reason to make a coaching change. With all the termoil of late and bad press, Jerry should jump on the opportunity to turn bad press into a positive situation and good press by hiring Shanahan.

JMO:D

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Go get the rosters of the teams between 2000-2006 and show me how many of the players on that team are starting somewhere else now or how many are even still playing. As Bill said, you are what your record says you are. Dallas's talent was a 5-11 team most of them years. You hatred of Dallas has clouded your opinion, that much is very obvious. I HAVE looked at the rosters....even posted a few of them earlier in this thread. Plenty of talent on the team back then.....and even more experience. Cowboys problem was not talent, it was the same as it is now....questionable coaching changes, lots of egos, no cohesion and the resulting inability to play as a team, that's what I saw as their problem a large majority of which Jones creates himself with the decisions he makes....which...is still a problem for them. Hatred? No...ability to see reality and not being blinded and getting butt-sore due to my thin skin when someone talks about my team....yes. Give it up man...you're arguing a moot point in my book. I WAS a Cowboys fan and DID watch them back then. I know what I saw.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2009, 03:07 PM
I HAVE looked at the rosters....even posted a few of them earlier in this thread. Plenty of talent on the team back then.....and even more experience. Cowboys problem was not talent, it was the same as it is now....questionable coaching changes, lots of egos, no cohesion and the resulting inability to play as a team, that's what I saw as their problem a large majority of which Jones creates himself with the decisions he makes....which...is still a problem for them. Hatred? No...ability to see reality and not being blinded and getting butt-sore due to my thin skin when someone talks about my team....yes. Give it up man...you're arguing a moot point in my book. I WAS a Cowboys fan and DID watch them back then. I know what I saw.

this is still where you and I disagree

The "talent" on those teams were exactly 5-11..With great coaching they MIGHT have been able to pull off a 7-9, but the talent in that era was so bad from top to bottom. Yes they had a couple of quality guys, but to win in the NFL Talent is still the key and back then Dallas was devoid of it for MANY reasons

Pick6
01-22-2009, 03:20 PM

The "talent" on those teams were exactly 5-11..With great coaching they MIGHT have been able to pull off a 7-9, but the talent in that era was so bad from top to bottom. Yes they had a couple of quality guys, but to win in the NFL Talent is still the key and back then Dallas was devoid of it for MANY reasons

You're wasting your time with him. He's blinded by hate.

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM

The "talent" on those teams were exactly 5-11..With great coaching they MIGHT have been able to pull off a 7-9, but the talent in that era was so bad from top to bottom. Yes they had a couple of quality guys, but to win in the NFL Talent is still the key and back then Dallas was devoid of it for MANY reasons ah to heck with it Txb....I'm tired of arguing...WAY too many of you Cowboys fan here to make a dent....lets go get a beer and cheer for the Cardinals. :D

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 03:22 PM
You're wasting your time with him. He's blinded by hate. LOL....you're a piece of work....and the only things I hate are Houston traffic and paying taxes.

Txbroadcaster
01-22-2009, 03:27 PM
ah to heck with it Txb....I'm tired of arguing...WAY too many of you Cowboys fan here to make a dent....lets go get a beer and cheer for the Cardinals. :D

I dont think we are arguing but debating

IHStangFan
01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
I dont think we are arguing but debating true....w/ you...that is usually the case....and I appreciate it. Hell...I owe you for raggin my butt during your last broadcast on the air, LOL. ;)

SintonFan
01-22-2009, 09:28 PM
ah to heck with it Txb....I'm tired of arguing...WAY too many of you Cowboys fan here to make a dent....lets go get a beer and cheer for the Cardinals. :D
I don't want the birds to win after what they did to that plane last week.:mad: :D :p
I don't want the Steelers to win because they keep taking other peoples' stuff.:doh:

Farmersfan
01-23-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Biggest problem going on with the Cowboys right now is communication. All of these rumors and "he-saids" are going unanswered every day and only get worse. Jerry Jones, or better yet, Wade Phillips, needs to step up to the mike and dispel once and for all the myths and guesses that are making the rounds. The Cowboys players need to be fully informed of what will be going down before anything is made public and all lockerroom complaints/questions need to be answered prior to that time. I didn't agree at the time with the Parcels "gag" policy for his players and coaches talking to the media, but I think this needs to be re-implemented immediately with Jones and Phillips fielding all questions regarding the Cowboys until such time as they are ready to announce the answers to all of the burning questions that everyone has regarding the state and future of the team. I think their replies should be truthful, straight forward, and direct with no "spin" or "bobbing and weaving". I realize that I am asking for too much and this may be unrealistic, but IMO, the time has come for some honesty from those in charge to let everyone know without a doubt, who is in charge to correct the sins of the past, and insure success as the Cowboys attempt to find their way back to the stature of the team that Cowboys fans expect and appreciate.

So if they "gag" the players the issues just go away????? The problems exist whether the players talk about it with the media or not....................

crzyjournalist03
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
So if they "gag" the players the issues just go away????? The problems exist whether the players talk about it with the media or not....................

well, I think that the problems may exist, but you lose the pressure and distraction in the event of a so-called "gag". When you're getting ready for a game, and every question you're asked is how you get along with your teammates, it gets old fast.

Although it definitely doesn't solve the problem, it's at least a start.

Farmersfan
01-23-2009, 11:12 AM
And that starts with the coaching staff. They kept doing the same things over and over again and made no noticeable adjustments. That's Romo's fault?

The coaching staff has a huge responsibility for the sorry season. But again I have to point out that they wouldn't need to make noticeable adjustments if the "PLAYERS" had executed. As long as (1) receiver is open on a given play then that play is a valid play. Just because Romo doesn't see it, or overthrows it or the pass is dropped does not mean the play needs trashed or "noticeable adjustments" are needed. At some point the execution has to be held accountable. And if your QB is throwing into triple coverage then no amount of adjustments are going to make a difference.

Farmersfan
01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
hindsight is 20/20...now you're comparing apples and oranges.

This anology came from the point made that things were worst with Quincey Carter than they are with Romo. It makes no mention of how things might be in the future. And I have to point out that with Quincey Carter at least the Cowboys continued to search for a francise QB. They aren't doing that with Romo. He has been labeled as the francise guy and that is where my problem lies..........
Hell! I even had a friend of mine call me yesterday and tell me that he heard Chase Daniel (Missouri) might drop to the second round where the Cowboys could get him as a backup for Romo. I nearly had a fall-out at the ridiculous assumption that Romo was better than Chase Daniel................ No intelligent person on the planet who has watched these two play football these last two seasons would make that assumption. Daniel might turn out to be a bust but that is only speculation. We DO know what we have with Romo and in my books it's not desireable so I say draft Daniel and have a open competition. I would almost put money on Romo losing that one. Hell he was 3rd on the depth chart behind Ryan Leaf for a while. And if Carter doesn't get into trouble the Cowboys release Romo that last season with Quincy. Farncise QB????? No way!